15 GT Manual Anyone? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #1

Region: Idaho
15 GT Manual Anyone?

Do many members own the 15 GT or Ecoboost? I hear the Ecoboost will beat a GT with just an intake/tune, but was wondering what everyones thoughts were on that topic? Also, whats everyones thoughts on the mods you have done so far?

Roush Axleback, Ford Racing Resonator delete x-pipe
adam.martinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Do not believe that one bit. As the fastest eco boost right now is a 11.77 it has everything done to it also. Fuel system,upgraded turbo (55mm), weight reduction. Ect

Now I'm curious to see what this thing will do with say a 62mm turbo, e85, built motor, bored out some, headwork Ect. 600 + rwhp would make it a sick little car.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Here you go.
2015 Mustang GT - Mustang Evolution
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.martinson View Post
Do many members own the 15 GT or Ecoboost? I hear the Ecoboost will beat a GT with just an intake/tune, but was wondering what everyones thoughts were on that topic? Also, whats everyones thoughts on the mods you have done so far?
That statement needs some context. A tuned ecoboost CAN beat a GT in the 1/4 if the GT is stock or VERY lightly modded. This is coming from someone who has been doing the turbo 4 thing for a very long time, i like them, i respect them, but you cant just make blanket statements like that.

Now, from a roll, i think the ecoboost has a pretty good shot as well. I've tuned several turbo 4 cylinder cars on E85, and while they're typically 300-500 lbs lighter than a 5.0, they're also usually making upwards of 380-400 wtq. So, lightweight and a lot of torque makes it easy for a turbo car to get a pretty good jump on most cars they race, sometimes a higher horsepower car can pull back a win, and sometimes it cant. It just depends on the mods done to each car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Do not believe that one bit. As the fastest eco boost right now is a 11.77 it has everything done to it also. Fuel system,upgraded turbo (55mm), weight reduction. Ect

Now I'm curious to see what this thing will do with say a 62mm turbo, e85, built motor, bored out some, headwork Ect. 600 + rwhp would make it a sick little car.
That MAP car going 11.77 makes 501 whp and 464 wtq on stock motor and stock fuel system, which is pretty solid from a modern Turbo 4. Time will tell how long it lasts at that level, but 500 whp isnt hard for a modern 4 cylinder, the 464 wtq however, depending on how early in the RPM band it hits, will be the deciding factor.

I really, really, really like working with turbo 4s, but i'm still torn on how i feel about the ecoboost. Not because i think a turbo 4 in a mustang is wrong, just that i think the main perk of them is being light and powerful, and at 3500 lbs the EB really is just a bit too heavy, and just a bit underpowered... kinda falls in that awkward spot.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
That statement needs some context. A tuned ecoboost CAN beat a GT in the 1/4 if the GT is stock or VERY lightly modded. This is coming from someone who has been doing the turbo 4 thing for a very long time, i like them, i respect them, but you cant just make blanket statements like that.

Now, from a roll, i think the ecoboost has a pretty good shot as well. I've tuned several turbo 4 cylinder cars on E85, and while they're typically 300-500 lbs lighter than a 5.0, they're also usually making upwards of 380-400 wtq. So, lightweight and a lot of torque makes it easy for a turbo car to get a pretty good jump on most cars they race, sometimes a higher horsepower car can pull back a win, and sometimes it cant. It just depends on the mods done to each car.

That MAP car going 11.77 makes 501 whp and 464 wtq on stock motor and stock fuel system, which is pretty solid from a modern Turbo 4. Time will tell how long it lasts at that level, but 500 whp isnt hard for a modern 4 cylinder, the 464 wtq however, depending on how early in the RPM band it hits, will be the deciding factor.

I really, really, really like working with turbo 4s, but i'm still torn on how i feel about the ecoboost. Not because i think a turbo 4 in a mustang is wrong, just that i think the main perk of them is being light and powerful, and at 3500 lbs the EB really is just a bit too heavy, and just a bit underpowered... kinda falls in that awkward spot.
The fastest one recorded is not on the stock fuel system. It has a custom system from jpc and a ***** load of weight reduction.

The MAP car has not been confirmed. Also the one who set the record is a all out race car and makes 150hp less than the map car. (353 at the tires )

So let's talk about the map car. Makes 500hp and runs 11.7 not impressive. From a roll lol not going to happen.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
The fastest one recorded is not on the stock fuel system. It has a custom system from jpc and a ***** load of weight reduction.

The MAP car has not been confirmed. Also the one who set the record is a all out race car and makes 150hp less than the map car. (353 at the tires )

So let's talk about the map car. Makes 500hp and runs 11.7 not impressive. From a roll lol not going to happen.

You're right, i mixed the cars up, I remember now the stripped one going 11.7 on stock turbo. That one does have a fuel system, but ~350 shouldn't need it as that car still has tons of head room, i imagine they're just using it for testing.

I've seen videos of the MAP car run, but cant find it on my phone right now.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're right, i mixed the cars up, I remember now the stripped one going 11.7 on stock turbo. That one does have a fuel system, but ~350 shouldn't need it as that car still has tons of head room, i imagine they're just using it for testing.

I've seen videos of the MAP car run, but cant find it on my phone right now.
I prefer the map car just for the power. But I'm not going to lie I really did expect more. I was hoping for 10's honestly. I think the car still falls on its face up top. More tuning and they should be able to come past this. It leaves hard

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

The MAP car has a higher ET I believe it was 121? Vs the 117 from the other car

Old 08-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The one making 350 had a aftermarket 55mm precision turbo also.
Once he does his converter I believe he will see mid -high 10's. Then hopefully he will turn the boost up to hit low to mid 500's

MMR supposedly has one in the works also. They won't release much info on it really though. Patiently waiting to see what it does. They did say It will be a built motor, bigger turbo so we will see.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Eco boost beats GT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.martinson View Post
The only people who are saying that are the ones who wish they'd have got the GT. A 4 cal has no business in a performance car IMO, it just doesn't seem right. Inthought hard about it before I pulled the trigger for the '15 GT Premium w/PP. When I say a performance car, I'm referring to an American muscle car/hot rod, not some exotic machine costing in the hundreds of thousands.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflections View Post
The only people who are saying that are the ones who wish they'd have got the GT. A 4 cal has no business in a performance car IMO, it just doesn't seem right. Inthought hard about it before I pulled the trigger for the '15 GT Premium w/PP. When I say a performance car, I'm referring to an American muscle car/hot rod, not some exotic machine costing in the hundreds of thousands.
please, go on?
Old 08-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
But the issue is that the 2015 model is no longer an American Muscle hot rod looking car. It looks nothing like American Muscle. The american muscle look died with the S197. The 2015 now is a very refined euro looking sports car. 4 bang away with it.

Of course this is a whole other thread topic but funny when people say a 4 cylinder doesn't belong in a performance vehicle. Why not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

No 4 banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
But the issue is that the 2015 model is no longer an American Muscle hot rod looking car. It looks nothing like American Muscle. The american muscle look died with the S197. The 2015 now is a very refined euro looking sports car. 4 bang away with it.

Of course this is a whole other thread topic but funny when people say a 4 cylinder doesn't belong in a performance vehicle. Why not?

Specifically, my thought is that among the various Mustang models, the GT represents the "Mustang" we all remember from the muscle car days of the sixties. The Mustang was in the middle of all that and still carries on that muscle car personality. When I start the GT up it reminds me of my '66 Olds 4 4 2, tri-power and my '68 Roadrunner. A 4 banger in the middle of all that? LOL
Old 08-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Specifically, my thought is that among the various Mustang models, the GT represents the "Mustang" we all remember from the muscle car days of the sixties. The Mustang was in the middle of all that and still carries on that muscle car personality. When I start the GT up it reminds me of my '66 Olds 4 4 2, tri-power and my '68 Roadrunner. A 4 banger in the middle of all that? LOL
The Ford motor corporation would most likely disagree with you about the 4 banger has no place. The mustang has evolved and cars displacemets are evolving too. There will always be a place in car enthusists for big displacement engines and the V8 rules.

The age old saying there is no replacement for displacement is archaic and that's until technology takes over. Taking over, Ford Gt 650 ecoboost V6. The vast majority of mustang owners don't give a crap about owning a V8. They want a good looking performance car and at 310 HP 325 lbs torque the 4 banger fits that. It gets better fuel millage than he 5.0 and looks just the same.

The majority of the consumers don't care about their car having a rumble of the V8 or 60's muscle car sound. I bet you for every one 2015 5.0 I see on the road I have seen ten 4 bangers. There are far more 4 bangers on the road that I see compared to the V6 and V8 models.

Personally, I don't think I would buy a 4 banger either but they do have a place in today's car market and performance vehicle. Again, the new mustang is not American muscle looking. Its a euro looking refined sports car that has the name mustang and has a mustang emblem on it. American Muscle died with the S197

Old 08-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Unfortunately it's the first Mustang step on the journey of oh crap were almost out of oil in the ground.
I'm going to try to ride the gas suckin , smog spewin , NASCAR train all the way to my dirt nap. Lucky for me, I'm 44 so probably a geezer to most of you.
You guys will have to see the days of Eco leaf, Google mustangs someday
You're kids will be bragging about how many gigawatts their Mouse stang has.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Unfortunately it's the first Mustang step on the journey of oh crap were almost out of oil in the ground.
I'm going to try to ride the gas suckin , smog spewin , NASCAR train all the way to my dirt nap. Lucky for me, I'm 44 so probably a geezer to most of you.
Ba ha ha ha. They won't know any different and they will be happy with their leaf stang. It will probably go 0-60 in 3 seconds and go 400 miles on one electric charge.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
There is plenty of oil in the ground we just haven't opened it up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

4 banger v v-8

Quote:
The Ford motor corporation would most likely disagree with you about the 4 banger has no place. The mustang has evolved and cars displacemets are evolving too. There will always be a place in car enthusists for big displacement engines and the V8 rules.

The age old saying there is no replacement for displacement is archaic and that's until technology takes over. Taking over, Ford Gt 650 ecoboost V6. The vast majority of mustang owners don't give a crap about owning a V8. They want a good looking performance car and at 310 HP 325 lbs torque the 4 banger fits that. It gets better fuel millage than he 5.0 and looks just the same.

The majority of the consumers don't care about their car having a rumble of the V8 or 60's muscle car sound. I bet you for every one 2015 5.0 I see on the road I have seen ten 4 bangers. There are far more 4 bangers on the road that I see compared to the V6 and V8 models.

Personally, I don't think I would buy a 4 banger either but they do have a place in today's car market and performance vehicle. Again, the new mustang is not American muscle looking. Its a euro looking refined sports car that has the name mustang and has a mustang emblem on it. American Muscle died with the S197

Well, for a car that's, according to you, very European and bears little resemblance to the old muscle cars, it looks like Mustang to me. So, you pays your money and you makes your choice. I just do not think that some folks (NOT EVERYBODY) who have purchased a 4 banger or V-6 does not think that he/she should have completed the deal and got the GT at some point down the road.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Geezer

Quote:
I'm 75, so you have a way to go, relatively speaking.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
When I start the GT up it reminds me of my '66 Olds 4 4 2, tri-power and my '68 Roadrunner. A 4 banger in the middle of all that? LOL
I will never tire of starting up our 2015 GT.........or of second gear full throttle runs in tunnels. Both make me smile big time, every time...........just don't think thatsa gonna happen with half the number of cylinders.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
please, go on?
That's about all I have to say on the subject, except that this is the first Mustang I have ever owned. Got it on March 23, 2015 and so far, so good. I had a couple muscle cars in the mid 60s and I just sold my 2011 M3 a few years ago.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, for a car that's, according to you, very European and bears little resemblance to the old muscle cars, it looks like Mustang to me. So, you pays your money and you makes your choice. I just do not think that some folks (NOT EVERYBODY) who have purchased a 4 banger or V-6 does not think that he/she should have completed the deal and got the GT at some point down the road.
Yes sir, that is according to my opinion on the 2015 model. Just my own opinion and my sole opinion. If it looks like an American Muscle mustang to you, fantastic sir. I fully respect that.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

It's a muscle car

Quote:
Yes sir, that is according to my opinion on the 2015 model. Just my own opinion and my sole opinion. If it looks like an American Muscle mustang to you, fantastic sir. I fully respect that.

No sweat, we all have our opinions--sir.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No sweat, we all have our opinions--sir.
I do like the additional 2015 colors offered. I love that comp orange

Old 08-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do like the additional 2015 colors offered. I love that comp orange

I got the Ruby Red. Kona blue could have been a consideration bur I wasn't about to go 60-75K for a 50 year numbered car
Old 08-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got the Ruby Red. Kona blue could have been a consideration bur I wasn't about to go 60-75K for a 50 year numbered car
I wouldn't pay that price either bro, don't care what color they offered. Lol

Old 08-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

I love two things about our GT:
1. Running through a tunnel in second gear to near redline..............!!!
2. Opening the hood and seeing that big lump of engine sitting there.

I saw an EcoBoost Mustang at a recent car show, and you could see the ground on either side of the engine...........it looked kinda' tiny.......
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post

I saw an EcoBoost Mustang at a recent car show, and you could see the ground on either side of the engine...........it looked kinda' tiny.......
It is tiny. Ha ha ha

Old 08-11-2015, 01:24 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I'm pretty sure there's a 2015 section elsewhere

We know you're sorry, now apologize.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:03 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:

Saying the 15 doesn't look like a muscle car isn't an insult or slam because of jealousy. If we don't have one, it's mainly because we don't want one quite yet. Not until there's a little design tweak...especially the front.
First, in order to not shut anyone down...The 15 is a fine Mustang and major improvement in many ways.
But let's be honest about something...It does very much have the face of the Fusion. The Fusion design that appeared first a couple years ago AND that Fusion face very much has Aston Martin styling. I have a 13 Fusion. I think it's a nice looking car and the whole cars appearance looks to me more expensive than it is. I think Ford nailed that design and the same goes for Chryslers new 200.
But those cars aren't Mustangs and speaking of which...Mustangs to many people should look more beefy, muscular, brutish. Like when you suddenly see it in your rear view mirror and it wasn't there two seconds ago...and it looks like it's about to eat you.
The face of the S550 doesn't quite look like it's going do me any harm. It looks more like James Bond in a tuxedo will hop out of it and skillfully kill some bad guys while still being polite.
Or here's an analogy... You know how you're not quite sure if it's a good idea to reach down and pet some dogs because there's just something about their look? That's what I want in a Mustang.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:29 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Saying the 15 doesn't look like a muscle car isn't an insult or slam because of jealousy. If we don't have one, it's mainly because we don't want one quite yet. Not until there's a little design tweak...especially the front.
First, in order to not shut anyone down...The 15 is a fine Mustang and major improvement in many ways.
But let's be honest about something...It does very much have the face of the Fusion. The Fusion design that appeared first a couple years ago AND that Fusion face very much has Aston Martin styling. I have a 13 Fusion. I think it's a nice looking car and the whole cars appearance looks to me more expensive than it is. I think Ford nailed that design and the same goes for Chryslers new 200.
But those cars aren't Mustangs and speaking of which...Mustangs to many people should look more beefy, muscular, brutish. Like when you suddenly see it in your rear view mirror and it wasn't there two seconds ago...and it looks like it's about to eat you.
The face of the S550 doesn't quite look like it's going do me any harm. It looks more like James Bond in a tuxedo will hop out of it and skillfully kill some bad guys while still being polite.
Or here's an analogy... You know how you're not quite sure if it's a good idea to reach down and pet some dogs because there's just something about their look? That's what I want in a Mustang.
I'm gonna have to totally agree with you sir. Strictly in my opinion the car just doesn't have that nasty, brut, aggressive muscle look. Its not the Rock of the performance cars. Sure, its the most refined mustang ever, made, that's quick but its lost that look.

Now its just some super refined euro looking sports car that has an identity crisis. The muscle look died with the S197.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I agree with you 100% Waylap1and Kona Blue My friend has the 2015 GT. We parked them side by side and looked at them from a multitude of angles. While the 2015 looks to some as the face of the future, to me it looks like almost every other European sports car but with a Fusion front end. The S197 looks and sounds like an American bad azz muscle car pure and simple. With saying all that, the 2015 is growing on me, but not as a replacement for my muscle car.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post

Kind of like it didn't belong there? LOL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT