Expections for a 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Expections for a 5.0

I actually do not have a 5.0 but i plan on getting one next year. With all the bolts ons and a new set of tires with a tune, how much whp and tq is reasonable to get?
Also if i went all out without doing any weight reduction to the 5.0, whats the fastest , most track capable can i really make it? Would it be able to keep up with a gt350r or a c7 zo6? Maybe even be a faster track car? What kinda number should i expect?
Top speed , 0 to 60 , 0 to 100 , 1/4?
Ik this is a completely open question

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
thats a hard question to answer because different set ups yield different results, and different dyno's yield different numbers depending on a number of variables. i can tell you this, before i got my car supercharged, i had full bolt ons and after the car was dyno tuned it was making 439 whp. but i wouldn't get wrapped up in dyno numbers if i were you. honestly i don't see the 5.0 being able to keep up with a gt350r or c7 z06 on the track due to suspension limitations even with a total track set up done to the car, but i drag race not track race so hopefully somebody with more track experience can chime in for you there.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Mid to high 11's full weight depending on premium or base model because of stock weight and how dialed in the setup is. Low 12's-high 11's aren't too hard to obtain on a full weight car.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you want to know how well an S197 mustang can do on track, look up the Vorshlag 5.0. I can tell you the 5.0 is fantastic on track, but i can also tell you that until you get in the more advanced levels of open track days and/or racing, 9 times out of 10 you're beating the driver and not the car.

That being said, my first time out to the track i had 450 whp and was getting left by cars with half (or less) my whp. I sold some parts, re evaluated my build, got retuned at my now more basic set up to about 400 whp, added some proper tires, and was much faster than i had previously been. Decide what you want from the get go and mod accordingly, dont mod and then decide what you want to do because chances are you'll end up wasting money on one thing or another -_-
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Everyone has given good answers and the one unanswered question from you is how much money are you willing to spend to have a fast drag car/open track car? Looking at making a street/drag/track car that will perform doing all three..........personally I think it's unrealistic.
I've owned drag only cars, road course only cars built to SCCA restrictions................and stricly street cars that could a little of all. The old say, "How fast you can go depends on how deep your pockets are", is very true.
For an open track use pre-2015 to beat a GT350R is going to be expensive and to beat a Z06 is going to be very expensive. After seeing some of the road coarse 15 Mustangs doing very well and actually placing on the podium my suggestion would be to start with a 15 or newer............better motor and better suspension for the track part..................just my feelings.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Everyone has given good answers and the one unanswered question from you is how much money are you willing to spend to have a fast drag car/open track car? Looking at making a street/drag/track car that will perform doing all three..........personally I think it's unrealistic.
I've owned drag only cars, road course only cars built to SCCA restrictions................and stricly street cars that could a little of all. The old say, "How fast you can go depends on how deep your pockets are", is very true.
For an open track use pre-2015 to beat a GT350R is going to be expensive and to beat a Z06 is going to be very expensive. After seeing some of the road coarse 15 Mustangs doing very well and actually placing on the podium my suggestion would be to start with a 15 or newer............better motor and better suspension for the track part..................just my feelings.
Yeah i feel ya, i prob would want a decent track car but would really want to have a lot of fun on the street!

Old 08-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticAlex View Post
Yeah i feel ya, i prob would want a decent track car but would really want to have a lot of fun on the street!

Get a 2015 then, much better starting platform for a road course.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Get a 2015 then, much better starting platform for a road course.
How similar are the engines between them? Ik they are both 5.0 but are they both coyotes?

Old 08-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They both are coyotes, but the engine was revised for 2015.

Does anyone have the picture explaining all the changes?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Found it. Here are all the changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1438802918878.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	188698  
Old 08-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Found it. Here are all the changes.
Thats awesome its like coyote #2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT