Supersnake a 50th Anniversary GT - Opinions - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Car ships in the next 10 to 14 days. I'll know more as the transporter sends the trailer up from Vegas (using Image Auto Group of Las Vegas). I will be at the dealership to take pics of the car being loaded in the trailer.
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Car ships out next Friday.

Two corrections
1. My car is #1298. Got the wrong number somehow. Doesn't much matter though.
2. They are working on 50th anniversary car #1 right now so none have been delivered. They build #1, work out the kinks (which there shouldn't be any if design/engineering did their work correctly) and then go whole hog on the remaining ones.

Interesting facts
1. My car will have 2015 Supersnake CSM #6. That's a nice low number
2. There are only 24 of these 50th anniversary CSM's sold so far so I would qualify this as a rare car. I forgot to ask what the quota will be and when they will stop issuing CSM's on this edition mustang. I'll try to get that information.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Wow just wow. I love my 2015 GT convertible. I have the 50 year anniversary package, and the seats/ride are amazingly comfortable. So much so that my wife loves going on long drives. I hope you enjoy your Snake as much.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I'm excited to see this.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
On the SA site, all of the conversions, 2007 thru 2014, are called:
Shelby GT500 Super Snakes......( all are based on the GT500 )
The 2015 conversion is called, " 2015 Shelby Super Snake " ( based on a GT )
It would seem more correct to call it a ( Shelby GT Super Snake ).....or am I missing something ?
SA also markets a Shelby GT, also based on the Mustang GT.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They probably didn't over-think the name like, perhaps, someone who owns two GT500's might do...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I'm learning a lot of "Shelby" factoids in this process. This is directly from Shelby American.....Shelby each year supernakes the "best" mustang for the year.

Since Shelby brought back the concept of Super Snake, the "best" mustang has been the GT500, harkening back to the GT500 of 1967.

So, for 2015 the 50th Anniversary car is the "best" car of the year. The quota is 300 of these cars and then no more CSM's for 2015 models.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, they have sold 24 CSM's so far for 2015 models and I'm number 6. If a car isn't sent in within the next month or so, it likely won't get built within the calendar year 2015, although it will still get a 2015 model year CSM even if built in 2016. Personally, I wanted my car's "born to Ford date" and "born to Shelby date" to have the same calendar year so I'm rushing to get the car down there. It takes about 90 days to turn the car around with the log of cars they have to build on the calendar right now. Add in shipping time and it's pretty tight.

This has led to a ton of confusion. I was one of many waiting to see if a GT350 was coming out in 2015 as Ford indicated as far back as early 2014 that there would be a GT350 with the new body style being unveiled for the 50th anniversary. What's weird is that for a while searching on Google using keywords "2015 Ford Mustang GT350" would give you a link on Ford's website but then the Ford site would tell you the page wasn't available (back in the fall of 2014). If you go to sites like Tirerack.com and search Mustang you will see that they have a 2015 Shelby GT 350 listed (Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - Specs of wheel sizes, tires, PCD, Offset and Rims - Wheel-Size.com ). Ford obviously didn't make a GT350 (or GT500) for 2015. So, even large companies like Tire Rack that need to have these things loaded in ahead of time for models got some bad information from Ford and haven't yet corrected it.

So, who in God's name knows why Ford does what Ford does...but I'm guessing that they ended up wanting the 50th Anniversary model to be the special model for the year so they dropped the "GT500/350" option for 2015 to accomplish that. I don't think people realize this. I know it confused the crap out of me almost to the point where I didn't get an anniversary super snake made.

And...Shelby had to adjust to offer the Super Snake upgrade for the "best" mustang of 2015, which turned out to be a GT Annivesary edition. They had discussions inhouse whether to even do a Super Snake for this year. I'm glad they decided to do it!

And that my friends is how I think the "2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Super Snake" story unfolded...

All I know is I'm going to have one helatiously powerful, sexy looking Super Snake in about three months.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I'm trying really really hard to not be be envious!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
This has led to a ton of confusion. I was one of many waiting to see if a GT350 was coming out in 2015 as Ford indicated as far back as early 2014 that there would be a GT350 with the new body style being unveiled for the 50th anniversary. What's weird is that for a while searching on Google using keywords "2015 Ford Mustang GT350" would give you a link on Ford's website but then the Ford site would tell you the page wasn't available (back in the fall of 2014). If you go to sites like Tirerack.com and search Mustang you will see that they have a 2015 Shelby GT 350 listed (Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - Specs of wheel sizes, tires, PCD, Offset and Rims - Wheel-Size.com ). Ford obviously didn't make a GT350 (or GT500) for 2015. So, even large companies like Tire Rack that need to have these things loaded in ahead of time for models got some bad information from Ford and haven't yet corrected it.

So, who in God's name knows why Ford does what Ford does...but I'm guessing that they ended up wanting the 50th Anniversary model to be the special model for the year so they dropped the "GT500/350" option for 2015 to accomplish that. I don't think people realize this. I know it confused the crap out of me almost to the point where I didn't get an anniversary super snake made.

And...Shelby had to adjust to offer the Super Snake upgrade for the "best" mustang of 2015, which turned out to be a GT Annivesary edition. They had discussions inhouse whether to even do a Super Snake for this year. I'm glad they decided to do it!
You still have a lot to learn.

Ford is making 137 GT350's for the model year 2015 for the 50th anniversary.

They will release them sometime before the end of the year and still be called 2015 GT350's. Technically, there will be 50 GT350's with Technology Package, 50 GT350's with Track package, and 37 GT350R's.

All 137 were presold to VIP buyers.

Look at the type of #'s Ford can pump out on cars/trucks when they want to, and realized 137 of the special cars is nothing for them to do before 12/31/15.

The 2016's are finally officially for sale with official prices released.

A local dealership supposedly had 3 2016 allocations, I was offered one of the allocations for $15k above MSRP, with no mention of the actual MSRP. This was about a month ago.. exactly at the same time when the official prices were leaked. I did get to see the ordering options. Anyway, I can wait until they're for sale at MSRP. Anything over MSRP will be instantly lost like almost everything else that was in short supply initially.

Now if I was offered a 2015 limited edition, I'd have jumped on it for $15k over MSRP as that will be a truly collectible car.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post

They will release them sometime before the end of the year and still be called 2015 GT350's. Technically, there will be 50 GT350's with Technology Package, 50 GT350's with Track package, and 37 GT350R's.

Look at the type of #'s Ford can pump out on cars/trucks when they want to, and realized 137 of the special cars is nothing for them to do before 12/31/15.

A local dealership supposedly had 3 2016 allocations, I was offered one of the allocations for $15k above MSRP, with no mention of the actual MSRP. This was about a month ago.. exactly at the same time when the official prices were leaked. I did get to see the ordering options. Anyway, I can wait until they're for sale at MSRP. Anything over MSRP will be instantly lost like almost everything else that was in short supply initially.

Now if I was offered a 2015 limited edition, I'd have jumped on it for $15k over MSRP as that will be a truly collectible car.
Yeah I was really upset at the dealer markup for the 2016 GT350. I was thinking about trading in my 14 GT and to purchase a GT350 but when I heard about that markup I said he'll no. Dealer was trying to make some quick easy profit.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:29 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
They probably didn't over-think the name like, perhaps, someone who owns two GT500's might do...
Or are trying to downplay the fact that it's based on a GT..

Old 08-15-2015, 05:52 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow, did I miss that and so did my local dealerships. Just searched looking for 137 2015 GT350R and sure enough https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...lby-gt350.html popped up. There it is right on Ford's website. I knew they were making one for 2016...but I have been looking for clarification for a while on the 2015 and it's been right there since April. However I still wonder if they had that decision made earlier than that. Either the dealerships in New England had no idea (which isn't good) or they knew but also knew they didn't have a snowball chance of getting one so they didn't tell me (which is also not good). I was hounding about 15 of the dealerships up here starting in October 2014 to get an answer. I even started sending in requests to Ford through their "find a vehicle"page around Christmas. All they did was call me and try to sell me a 50th Anniversary model and gave me dealership names that had them.

So, around about June (I think) the 2015 Super Snake announcement came out and I started the negotiation of a 2015 50th Anniversary model. Had to let it sit for a while and wait for one of the dealerships to come back to me finally offering the car WITHOUT that crazy markup. Finally got that call from them about 10 days ago....confirmed with Shelby that in fact my car could be upgraded...signed the papers and now the rest of that history is being written.

The folks at Shelby gave me the explanation I put up in paragraph 1 of my earlier post. I heard that verbatim via a phone call I had with one of the representatives. The rest was my assumption (you know what they say about assuming...). So, at this point it does seem pretty confusing as to why a Mustang GT 50th Anniversary is being allowed to be upgraded to a super snake.

With all that said...I'm still going to have a 2015 Super Snake And based upon the fact that I never would have been able to do it with a GT350 (never would have been able to get a hold of one probably since no one at Ford or the dealerships would even tell me they were being made! so I gave up before Ford posted that announcement in April of this year), I wholeheartedly support Shelby's decision to supersnake 50th Anniversary cars regardless of the actual reason for the decision!
Old 08-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

So if I understand your post # 42..
..." I'm learning a lot of "Shelby" factoids in this process. This is directly from Shelby American.....Shelby each year SuperSnakes the "best" mustang for the year.

Since Shelby brought back the concept of Super Snake, the "best" mustang has been the GT500, harkening back to the GT500 of 1967.

So, for 2015 the 50th Anniversary car is the "best" car of the year. The quota is 300 of these cars and then no more CSM's for 2015 models. "
If the above is true, then MY 2015 will be the last year SA Super Snakes a GT.
For MY 2016, SA would select a Shelby GT350 as the base car ?
( maybe a GT350R for a super/super snake. )

Old 08-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to get a GT350 in a year or two.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I'm going to get a GT350 in a year or two.

You can have your GT350 now............I'm sure they would give you a good trade-in.

New 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 2D Coupe in Las Vegas #4C1201 | Gaudin Ford
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
You can have your GT350 now............I'm sure they would give you a good trade-in.

WTF are those? Looks like they have 5 of them in different colors.

Did they (basically) take 2014 model year GT's & put 2011 hood & bumpers on them, with a supercharger & call them GT350's ? Sorry, but they look fugly!
Old 08-15-2015, 11:35 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did they (basically) take 2014 model year GT's & put 2011 hood & bumpers on them, with a supercharger & call them GT350's ? Sorry, but they look fugly!
THE DEALERSHIPS DEFINITELY KNEW about the GT350's and had all the information. They were just playing dumb b/c there was no chance in hell any of them were getting one of the 137 2015's. NO CHANCE. Those were sold to people with MAJOR FORD corporate relations. Race teams, collectors with Ford GT's, etc., etc. They were all "presold" before the car was really even launched.

The dealerships are taking orders for the 2016's, but they're all still asking $10-15k over MSRP right now. I'll wait a year or so until they're at sticker price. Same thing happens with all the new models, Raptors, Boss's, Hellcats, etc..
Old 08-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Personally I like the looks.
Shelby made 350 of the 2014 GT350's. Shelbyized GT's with 430HP, 525HP or 624HP. Could be an interesting car to have. Although for the money I think I'd rather have a GT500.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol hell naw.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
So if I understand your post # 42..
..." I'm learning a lot of "Shelby" factoids in this process. This is directly from Shelby American.....Shelby each year SuperSnakes the "best" mustang for the year.

So, for 2015 the 50th Anniversary car is the "best" car of the year. The quota is 300 of these cars and then no more CSM's for 2015 models. "
If the above is true, then MY 2015 will be the last year SA Super Snakes a GT.
For MY 2016, SA would select a Shelby GT350 as the base car ?
( maybe a GT350R for a super/super snake. )
To be honest with you....I don't know the answer. I think what you said is correct from what I've been told.

At this point it all seems confused doesn't it? I am not an executive at Ford or Shelby so I can't explain what Ford and Shelby are thinking. I posted all the events that have occurred and what Shelby reps told me.

All I know is that I wanted a Super Snake in the year the Mustang turned 50. If I had to buy a GT500 (as I initially thought I would in early 2014), I would have bought a GT500. If I had to buy a GT350, I would have bought that. As it turns out I had to buy a 50th Anniversary GT to get a Super Snake on the Mustang's 50th birthday.

Believe me...money isn't the issue. I am spending about $110,000 when you add up the car ($44k) the Super Snake upgrade with the options I chose ($62k) and transport fees ($2,300 each way = $4,600). If I had to shell out $20k-$30k more for a GT500 or GT350 it wouldn't have been a problem. I wanted what I wanted and this entire thread started about me thinking I may have stumbled into something special with the 50th Anniversary car. My goal was to get a Super Snake. But with the 50th Anniversary car I started having second thoughts about getting it Super Snaked. Turns out it's the only car that can be Super Snaked....outside of the GT350 that I didn't realize were being made...but still a car I couldn't buy.

So, there you have it from the point of view where I stand.. Seems like 2015 is going to end up being a year that left a lot of people wondering what the hell happened.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Man I'm so damn tempted. ARRRRGGGHHH!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (4).png
Views:	97
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	189494  
Old 08-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Man I'm so damn tempted. ARRRRGGGHHH!!
It's only money..............go ahead.............would be interesting to see how much above sticker the price will really be. When I try and ask for an internet price it won't let me submit the form, just says call my local dealer.
Also, I'd like to wait and see how the flat crank turns out.................
Old 08-16-2015, 08:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's only money..............go ahead.............would be interesting to see how much above sticker the price will really be. When I try and ask for an internet price it won't let me submit the form, just says call my local dealer.
Also, I'd like to wait and see how the flat crank turns out.................
I'm going to wait as well but man. I'm mad you cant have the track pack and tech pack at the same time. The site always makes you take one off.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

It's great to see that Ford has finally created a real sexy mustang again. I love the new body...all of it - from the rear fender flare to the headlights to the grill to the door lines - all of it.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's great to see that Ford has finally created a real sexy mustang again. I love the new body...all of it - from the rear fender flare to the headlights to the grill to the door lines - all of it.
I agree! Pictures do not do it justice either.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I don't like the new body style, but for some reason I love the GT350 and GT350R.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #62
Registered Member

Regular

Almost a year ago I started looking for a Mustang......at that time I really didn't like the style and was hesitant about the IRS............so I bought the 14 TrakPak.
Fast forward.........today I really like the 15 styling and love the interior much more than my 14................maybe I'll follow Grabber Blue5.0's steps...........anyone want a 9000 mile 14 TrakPak?
Old 08-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Almost a year ago I started looking for a Mustang......at that time I really didn't like the style and was hesitant about the IRS............so I bought the 14 TrakPak.
Fast forward.........today I really like the 15 styling and love the interior much more than my 14................maybe I'll follow Grabber Blue5.0's steps...........anyone want a 9000 mile 14 TrakPak?
You've got a nice clean mustang. Tasteful mods with mostly Ford OEM parts, it should sell easily.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Some Pics...the car is fully "prepped" for a trip to Vegas.

The second to last pic shows I'm a Ford man. You can see my 1999 F350 diesel "yard truck" in the background (complete with my 14 foot dump trailer...kindof hidden by other cars). I also own a 2004 Ford Explorer (my wife's DD). I do own a Mercedes for work (ughh), but I change to my jeans and t-shirt as soon as I'm home and am more comfortable in my nicely worn-in 1999 F350.

Monday or Tuesday of next week is now the new date for the transporter to pick up the vehicle. Something about a delayed delivery of another vehicle in Texas or something...fingers crossed on the transporter! Shelby recommended them so I'm feeling pretty good I guess.

As I'm looking at the pics, I need to ask if they will need that backup camera still attached to the back plate...will have to call them in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sticker.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	189589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side Front View.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	189590  

Name:	Rear View.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	189591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	514.4 KB
ID:	189592  

Name:	Car and Truck.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	189593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Notes.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	189594  

Old 08-19-2015, 04:42 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Typo...wife has a 2014 Explorer...hahaha she'd be pretty pissed if she had a 2004 Explorer and I was buying this Mustang...hahaha.

They do need the backup camera so into the car it goes.

Here's a question...has anyone else noticed that the 2014 Ford Fusion and the 2015 Ford Mustang share similar styling cues for the grille? Noticed that once I picked up the take-off mustang grille.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

Yes, I saw that this past weekend as my wife was looking at the new Fusions and there was a Eco-Boost right next to the Fusion. I had a 2009 Fusion....old style...as my company car.....nice car and great gas mileage.......not guts though.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

That will be one sweet ride when it is done, I was just looing at the wide body kit they have on their site for 6k.
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Typo...wife has a 2014 Explorer...hahaha she'd be pretty pissed if she had a 2004 Explorer and I was buying this Mustang...hahaha.

They do need the backup camera so into the car it goes.

Here's a question...has anyone else noticed that the 2014 Ford Fusion and the 2015 Ford Mustang share similar styling cues for the grille? Noticed that once I picked up the take-off mustang grille.
Yes. The topic was discussed ad nauseum prior to the release of the 2015.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

While we're talking about Shelby's.... the first Production GT350R is rolling off the line: Ford Shelby GT350R Mustang Rolls off the Line

1 down... 36 more to go to complete 2015 production for the GT350R's.

That would take 6 minutes if they were cranking them out at F-150 pace.....
850k+ per year,
71k per month,
16,000 per week,
3,200 per day,
400 per hour,
6 per minute.

Seriously though I wonder what their pace is... even for this specialty car they probably knocked out all 37 in a day ?
Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Car was picked up by Image Auto of Las Vegas today. She's on her way to Shelby. I'll be heading out in November/December to take pics with the build team.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5260.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	190005   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5266.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	625.1 KB
ID:	190006  

Name:	IMG_5270.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	485.8 KB
ID:	190007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5278.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	476.3 KB
ID:	190008  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT