Supersnake a 50th Anniversary GT - Opinions - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #71
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
You can have your GT350 now............I'm sure they would give you a good trade-in.

New 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 2D Coupe in Las Vegas #4C1201 | Gaudin Ford
Not a fan of that body kit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
Typo...wife has a 2014 Explorer...hahaha she'd be pretty pissed if she had a 2004 Explorer and I was buying this Mustang...hahaha.

They do need the backup camera so into the car it goes.

Here's a question...has anyone else noticed that the 2014 Ford Fusion and the 2015 Ford Mustang share similar styling cues for the grille? Noticed that once I picked up the take-off mustang grille.
Someone mentioned that the Fusion did have some some similarities to the 15' Stang when I was at our local car show last weekend... I got a good look at them side by side today at the dealership and was a little surprised....

Very interested to see how the Snake turns out! Glad you pulled the trigger and sent her off to Shelby.
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
medwards[/B];2281930]Car was picked up by Image Auto of Las Vegas today. She's on her way to Shelby. I'll be heading out in November/December to take pics with the build team.
................^ 08/24/2015
Well !!
It's Nov., how about an update & pics ????

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I know...They still have the car. I just fired off an email to see if I can get an update on the progress. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a completion date now of end of December....maybe later. Since I'm in the Northeast, I may have it stored in Vegas until spring. I don't want to be rolling this car onto a snowy salt covered road to drive it into the garage and leave it with salt on it until spring. Even a meticulous clearning wouldn't be a process I want to go through with a brand new SS in freezing temps with road salt. Sigh...
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #74
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Man I'm excited to see progress on this awesome car.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
With all of the things going on at Shelby I didn't expect to see anything until after the 1st of the year...as for the salt I totally understand....I towed a Bonneville car to the Salt Flats a number of years ago and after spending a week on the Salt it took a good 1-1/2 years for most of the salt to be powerwashed/fall off...when I sold the truck you could still find salt if you looked hard enough. I have sympathy for you guys who live with the salt they put on the roads back there....
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:22 PM   #76
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Hey, just keep us updated!

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I know...They still have the car. I just fired off an email to see if I can get an update on the progress. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a completion date now of end of December....maybe later. Since I'm in the Northeast, I may have it stored in Vegas until spring. I don't want to be rolling this car onto a snowy salt covered road to drive it into the garage and leave it with salt on it until spring. Even a meticulous clearning wouldn't be a process I want to go through with a brand new SS in freezing temps with road salt. Sigh...

You can store it at my house! We usually don't see salt around here until January. I'll take care of it free of charge just leave me they keys. I'll even start it up for you and exercise all the moving parts. 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the storage offer.

The scheduled time for completion is now end of December (likely to slide). I'm going to store it in Nevada until the end of April with the transport company.

I'm going down when it's completed to drive it on the Shelby tracks so hopefully I'll have pics in January (and I'll be sure to check the odo after I'm done to make sure it doesn't get driven while in "storage"...)
Old 11-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Post track pics for sure!

Old 11-20-2015, 03:58 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
During the order / deposit process, the topic of how long it would take to do the conversion had to come up ? I waited 112 days for Ford to " build " my 14, that was because of a July 2013 plant shutdown.
What did they tell you then & what are you being told now ?
I post on a lot of sites, to date I have seen NO 2015 SS conversion pics posted ??
.........( other than the SAI site pics )
I think I remember you posted your build would have 006, I wonder where the pics of the other 5 are ?

Old 11-20-2015, 05:36 AM   #81
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
#1. Resale value in the short run is so lopsided negative your argument for value this and that is negated

#2. By the time you see a reversal in depreciation the car would be long dead by the sound of what you want to do with the car (have fun, etc). Or you and I would be long dead lol. Either way, you want a classic buy a classic. Don't buy a 2015 car and want to hold on to it for just high hopes of it becoming a classic.

The cost of maintenance, storage, licenses and permits and registrations will kill off any appreciation you will earn. Inflation is not appreciation so 30 years in the future if it does become a classic and is valued at $100,000 just remember to calculate it for present day value to see just how much value it retained.

You want investments buy some stocks.

This is right on with all counts. Buying almost any car for an investment is such a waste, unless you have meg-bucks and just have nothing else to do.

The only thing I have made "money" on in the last 15 years are large (40" or better) offroad tires. Prices doubled or tripled in the last 10 years, so even used one's bring what you paid for them 10 years ago.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:28 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

So, here we are in Dec., car was delivered to SA late Aug. !!
Curious if there are any updates since 19 Nov. ? ...( pics would be great )
A thread on another site, ( TeamShelby ), was wondering why no one has posted any pics of a 2015 SS yet ??
I couldn't help but think of this thread..

Old 12-02-2015, 04:34 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

************THIS ISN'T THE OP's CAR.************
Found these pics of a 2015 SS on TeamShelby yesterday, the owner hasn't taken delivery yet but the car looks done. This is # 031 & was delivered to Las Vegas 5/14/15.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:45 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I didn't see anything about how much your car insurance was going to cost you, or I missed it. You might have a problem insuring it for the full value. There was a post recently about this exactly. Some people insurance won't cover their mods, others will only insure the basic car and one told their client to go find other insurance. You might try https://www.hagerty.com/.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #85
Registered Member

Regular

I've had a number of cars with "Agree Value" insurance including my 03 Terminator and Falcon convertible...it's less expensive than the insurance on my ATS-V...when I get it.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #86
Registered Member

Regular

I've had a number of cars with "Agree Value" insurance through Heacock Insurance on my Drag Cars and including my 03 Terminator and Falcon convertible...it's less expensive than the insurance on my ATS-V...when I get it.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
GT or 13 Boss

I would upgrade a Boss engine or save for a GT 40
GOTROD46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thanks for the storage offer.

The scheduled time for completion is now end of December (likely to slide). I'm going to store it in Nevada until the end of April with the transport company.

I'm going down when it's completed to drive it on the Shelby tracks so hopefully I'll have pics in January (and I'll be sure to check the odo after I'm done to make sure it doesn't get driven while in "storage"...)
Take pictures with your phone of the odometer etc. Dont be afraid to share with anyone within earshot that you are documenting the car as she sits either. That should stop any "testing" of your car.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Here are two pics. Not much to see at this point but at least it's on the lift! In one of the pics you can see that the Whipple SC is installed. That's pretty much it at this stage.

They started on the car last week while I was deer hunting in the mountains in WV so I had to wait until I got back to civilization to post them.

I'm going with Hagerty for insurance...$2400 per year.

In the beginning they said they expected the car to be done in late Nov or early Dec. Now they are saying Jan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151202_100923_resized.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	194491   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151202_100945_resized.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	194492  

Old 12-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Oh...and yes it's CSM#15SS0006. But there are cars with higher numbers that will be built first. Most of you probably know that you pay for a number of 10 or lower. So, it doesn't surprise me that #15SS0031 was done before mine.

Thought this might be interesting to some. It's the order list for the car. There were only a few items I didn't order (the car's existing interior is special to the 50th Annivesary package; I didn't want the window tint or protection film; and I only put in for one 5 point harness as I figure I won't have a passenger when it's got slicks on and it's going straight for 1320 feet).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of SS15-16 REZ Form.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	194493  
Old 12-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

14 vs 15 GT

I opted for a 14 GT Because the 15 has independent rear axle although better upgrades on 15 too. Also didn't like rear twilight section. My car was built on May 23 14 & I bought it on 4/6/15 how new can u get. 14 1/2 trackpack loaded with options. I originally missed out on a Shelby with 900 miles on it but dealer would only move 1k on price so I waited over weekend , it was gone that Saturday. I was pissed but for a used car I wasn't paying full price. The year before I missed out on a loaded white 13 Boss , the lousy weather screwed me there, was trading my Harley road glide toward it but it poured rain so, I couldn't take to dealer for deal, pissed again. So now I said to myself I'll wait til GT 350s come out, so while I'm getting my quad exhaust install at Tasca ford I mentioned I would like one, he said forget about it, 100k if u could get one. So Ford has been a heartache for awhile with me. So I hve to enjoy my 14 for the present time ! Did I put anyone to sleep with this post or do u think I hve badlluck with car purchases ? ;?)
Old 12-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #92
Registered Member

Regular

Supersnake a 50th Anniversary GT - Opinions

You should see if there's a way to get the clear euro tail lights. That would be frigging sweet, plus they're sexy as hell.

Pick your poison.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:26 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here are two pics. Not much to see at this point but at least it's on the lift! In one of the pics you can see that the Whipple SC is installed. That's pretty much it at this stage.

They started on the car last week while I was deer hunting in the mountains in WV so I had to wait until I got back to civilization to post them.

I'm going with Hagerty for insurance...$2400 per year.

In the beginning they said they expected the car to be done in late Nov or early Dec. Now they are saying Jan.
So you dropped the car off late Aug., and they start the conversion the week of 30 Nov. ???
I was amazed that the # 031 build took from mid May till to 1 Dec. to complete, about 200 days. It's owner made the following comment:
" delay was due to Ca. Air Resources Board . Time required to approve the supercharger. "
But from your build info & pics, looks like the delay is the car sat around for 3 MONTHS, for no reason !!
Looking forward to build updates, ( now that work has started ), & pics of the final product.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:07 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Ford paint/metal issues 2009-2015

I was just told by a body shop that all fords are having rust issues from the metal that Ford used on these cars & trucks. They begin rusting on edges and under hood. It's something in the metal and Ford doesn't know what. It's always some crap with these new cars if, they aren't making them out of country or a stupid sensor drives us nuts. (
Old 12-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'll bet it's recycled steel and the rust is in the steel. Great. I went through this with my 1982 Toyota Celica
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #96
Supporter

Region: Texas
That 12 month insurance premium is only $300 more than my 6 month premium for my normal GT. Hate being young sometimes....
Old 12-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Hagerty quoted me $946.00 for 12 month premium on my 2012 Boss 302. After Xmas I'm moving it over there.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:52 PM   #98
Registered Member

Regular

That seems a little high for just one car.

Pick your poison.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:08 PM   #99
Registered Member

Regular

I've had most of my drag cars insured through Heacock Insurance and have the 03 Terminator insured through them for an agreed upon value of $34k for $545 for 12 months....yes there is a mileage limit of 10,000 miles per year
It cost me $225 a year to have my Maverick insured for $40k...although it wasn't covered for the 1320'...anything after that...return road, pits, staging lanes, on the trailer or in my garage.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #100
Registered Member

Regular

I was quoted $1746 for 3 cars all insured for 40+ from Hagerty. That's what I meant. Almost a grand for one car is a little much.

Pick your poison.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #101
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I was quoted $1746 for 3 cars all insured for 40+ from Hagerty. That's what I meant. Almost a grand for one car is a little much.

Pick your poison.
Yes, I agree Hagerty is a good company. A friend had a fire that destroyed his 32 Highboy and half of his 40 Ford......it wasn't 4 weeks later and he had a check for both cars.
I paid almost $700 a year for my 14 TrakPak and am sure the ATS-V will be a "little" more........."If you can't afford to pay you can't afford to play"......was never more true when it comes to covering the car.....especially agreed upon value....it's a little more work but well worth it if something happens.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post

Pick your poison.

Coming from no experience in this field to insure vehicles like you've displayed on this forum I couldn't help but say that $1k a car per year doesn't sound that steep. If you have a 60's Chevy, late 60's mopar an a mid 2000 roush $3k isn't that bad I mean if you can afford to have cars like that, that 3k shouldn't be hard to reach. And your not old lol

Sorry I think it's a 71 or 72 mopar right?
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Ins Costs

It costs me $3k to insure my 14 GT, 02 Lightning and 09 Ranger. Just my GT alone costs $1k for collision but that's $100 deductible. I didn't know Hagarty insured late model cars, only your mileage was limited with them.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:12 PM   #104
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona010 View Post
Coming from no experience in this field to insure vehicles like you've displayed on this forum I couldn't help but say that $1k a car per year doesn't sound that steep. If you have a 60's Chevy, late 60's mopar an a mid 2000 roush $3k isn't that bad I mean if you can afford to have cars like that, that 3k shouldn't be hard to reach. And your not old lol

Sorry I think it's a 71 or 72 mopar right?
The price of insurance isn't an issue for my three. A grand to insure a new boss mustang just seems high to me.
Didn't include the Roush, but the Roush will joining the others for hagerty. It was for the Impala, Challenger, and the Slantnose. The price will change because of the Roush and the value of the Slantnose is going up.
And the challenger is a Frankenstein car. 70 body, 71 powertrain, 72 chassis/frame. Just a vague summary with what's on/in the car.
Sorry OP, for taking the thread off track.

Pick your poison.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTROD46 View Post
I was just told by a body shop that all fords are having rust issues from the metal that Ford used on these cars & trucks. They begin rusting on edges and under hood. It's something in the metal and Ford doesn't know what. It's always some crap with these new cars if, they aren't making them out of country or a stupid sensor drives us nuts. (
All model Fords between those years? I thought most of our Stangs were plastic...I am sure there is some metal though. Anyone else heard about this and sorry for the thread hijack. I found this link but it doesn't include the later models http://www.fordproblems.com/trends/hood-rust/
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT