Mustang front Grilles - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
Son of a *****. I want that grille now


2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
IG = @silverskoundrel

Well I know your 2010 won't be as easy to do this set up with the fogs. From what I understand the fog lights mount differently on the 10-12's and the boss 302 being a fog delete style grille poses some mounting issues. But I'm sure you can get it done if you get creative.

This set up cost me about 100 bucks. Found the grille on eBay listed like crap and it came with the full surround and everything from an actual boss. Scored it for 125 shipped then turned around and sold the parts I didn't need for 75. Then picked up the raxiom smoked fog halos from AM's eBay peeps on an open box for 50. So 100.00 total investment. I may switch it up at some point and try something else but I dig the boss 302 center mounted emblem. Reminds me of my old 69' mustang I had.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #37
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Well I know your 2010 won't be as easy to do this set up with the fogs. From what I understand the fog lights mount differently on the 10-12's and the boss 302 being a fog delete style grille poses some mounting issues. But I'm sure you can get it done if you get creative.

This set up cost me about 100 bucks. Found the grille on eBay listed like crap and it came with the full surround and everything from an actual boss. Scored it for 125 shipped then turned around and sold the parts I didn't need for 75. Then picked up the raxiom smoked fog halos from AM's eBay peeps on an open box for 50. So 100.00 total investment. I may switch it up at some point and try something else but I dig the boss 302 center mounted emblem. Reminds me of my old 69' mustang I had.

I'll do some more research once I got some money for upgrades lol


2010 Grabber Blue GT
1999 Contour ES
IG = @silverskoundrel
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
Yeah, I had the billet grille from AM I put on my 14 when I got it but over like 4-5 months it started getting really oxidized and almost like it had some "film" over it. I liked the polished better than the black in that particular style of grille but it probably was even lower quality than the black painted one.


In regards to the cheap lower grille that just zip ties on to the front of the lower grille, I didn't realize that when I ordered it so when I got it I was very dissatisfied to learn that was the case. But, no sweat, I got the upper installed no problem (cutting as few clips off as I could get away with in case I ever wanted to use it again). I went to my local Atwoods(look it up if you don't know what it is, they're great for this stuff) and went and found an aluminum 'strap' about 1" wide by maybe ~30'' long and probably ~1/4" or less thick and I used that behind the lower grille and it worked perfectly. I just drilled holes in my strap and mount it to the grille rather than the opposite alternative of mounting the grille to the stock grille. Looked good.





I decided I wanted the halo fogs and moved to the boss grille also, I can't remember where but I found a legit deal on it and had AM price match when I bought my Roush fogs, chin splitter and did my front end remakeover. merry Christmas to me right? fml
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OldGrille1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	189692   Click image for larger version

Name:	OldGrilleCar2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	189693  

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewGrille1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	189694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Car1.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	189695  

__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
I like the Roush fogs but I'm not cutting up my bumper.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:58 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Mustang front Grilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I like the Roush fogs but I'm not cutting up my bumper.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Live a little man. It's only a stupid piece of plastic. You have to pay to play. Lol I drilled 6 holes in my quarter panels to rock the roush spoiler. Glad I did it. It's sexy
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
Hahaha I have em now I kinda want to get a 11-12 cervini stalker front bumper and the 3" cowl hood or the 11-12 gt500 front bumper.

FYI: I did paint all the plastic gloss black, including: both grilles, Roush fog light bezels, Roush chin spoiler, splitters, etc., Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440023367.040035.jpg
Views:	1562
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	189702

I agree though; you gotta pay to play-you gotta play to win broski.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
k1DBLITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bixby
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 269
Coyote2820, How do those splitters affect your headlight output? I've been eyeing them for quite some time now...but haven't pulled the trigger.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Premium (deep impact blue)
Too many mods to fit in my sig.
Follow my build list on my blog. (still updating mods installed so far)
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
NvrNuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Tega Cay
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 32
Roush Upper Grille
Roush Lower Grille
Raxiom Fog Lights Relocation Kit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23 - Mustang - Mods 2.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	189704  
__________________
2014 GT Premium, Custom Painted, 401A, MGW, Brembo, Steeda CAI & 93 Tune
Steeda Sports, HD Mount Koni STR.T BMR Rod/Poly adj. LCA & Relos, PHB & Bracket
Forgestar Custom Painted CF10 19x9+35 & 19x11+42 Roush Grilles & Chin Splitter

FRPP Quad Axleback 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler MMD Window Louvers SHR Fuel Door JLT Oil Sep.
NvrNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PSL
Region: Florida
Posts: 95
Oh man, what's up with the hood pins?
dseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:22 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
In getting the CS fogs. Not cutting to do. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote2820 View Post
Hahaha I have em now I kinda want to get a 11-12 cervini stalker front bumper and the 3" cowl hood or the 11-12 gt500 front bumper.

FYI: I did paint all the plastic gloss black, including: both grilles, Roush fog light bezels, Roush chin spoiler, splitters, etc., Attachment 189702

I agree though; you gotta pay to play-you gotta play to win broski.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Ahh they look so good on a black car. I have been toying with the idea of getting them (roush fogs) and going full ****** on roush by getting the grilles also. I have mixed feelings with how big they look on a white car though. I wonder if anyone has painted them white?
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PSL
Region: Florida
Posts: 95
So I got my Boss grille and halos today. I ordered two sets of halos since they were so cheap.
One set looks blue, other is a nice white. The blue is so much brighter though which I like, I am thinking I will get pulled over with these white/blues though.

Not a fan of the honeycomb grilles so I am not 100% on the Boss grille.
Here the options I am looking at, I just taped the grille over my GT/CS grille to give me an idea what it would look like. Didn't feel like pulling the bumper tonight.
Inside the grille doesn't look that bad, plus I'll save $480 on the grille...



dseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
I like the more white halos and the boss grille.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Which halos are those? Are they the oracle ones?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Ahh they look so good on a black car. I have been toying with the idea of getting them (roush fogs) and going full ****** on roush by getting the grilles also. I have mixed feelings with how big they look on a white car though. I wonder if anyone has painted them white?
That's the only reason I'm kinda considering the Roush fogs and that's because my car is black.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PSL
Region: Florida
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Which halos are those? Are they the oracle ones?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Just some halos I got off eBay.
I had Oracles but returned them. Oracles were $150 versus the $25 on eBay.
dseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg View Post
Just some halos I got off eBay.
I had Oracles but returned them. Oracles were $150 versus the $25 on eBay.
Wow. They look good as hell though. If you do the boss grill they will be out in the elements right? Also can I get the link to the seller?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PSL
Region: Florida
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Wow. They look good as hell though. If you do the boss grill they will be out in the elements right? Also can I get the link to the seller?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Both are waterproof.
Here are the blue-ish ones:
2 x COB Car LED Angel Eye 12 24V Halo Ring Light Headlight Fog Housing Lamp Pair | eBay
Whites:
Angel Eye Halo CCFL 125mm White Rings | eBay

This thread may also be helpful:
Fog Light Grille Oracles
dseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Thanks. I have the raxiom halos so I know how to install them. I'm now trying to decide if I want to keep them or go with the Cervini grill and get the lower fogs. I also have the oracle side marker lights as well as the color shift halos that go inside the headlights. I just need to find a shop to install the color shifts because I don't want to ruin my lights.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PSL
Region: Florida
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Thanks. I have the raxiom halos do I know how to install them. In now trying to decide if I want to keep them or go with the Cervini grill and get the lower fogs. I also have the oracle side marker lights as well as the color shift halos that go inside the headlights. I just need to find a shop to install the color shifts because I don't want to ruin my lights.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have the oracle side markers also, I like those but they were expensive as hell.
I actually had the oracle halos for my headlights and tried to remove the lens with a heat gun. I was not able to do it with the heat gun, you need to use an oven. I did not want to risk ruining my headlights so I returned the halos.

Even if you find a shop, they will need to bake your halos.
I don't like having a shop do the work, I like the ability to be able to troubleshoot or fix issues I run into. I don't have the upper fog lights, only the lower valance ones. But I have the halos were the uppers should be.
dseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg View Post
I have the oracle side markers also, I like those but they were expensive as hell.
I actually had the oracle halos for my headlights and tried to remove the lens with a heat gun. I was not able to do it with the heat gun, you need to use an oven. I did not want to risk ruining my headlights so I returned the halos.

Even if you find a shop, they will need to bake your halos.
I don't like having a shop do the work, I like the ability to be able to troubleshoot or fix issues I run into. I don't have the upper fog lights, only the lower valance ones. But I have the halos were the uppers should be.
I like that setup. It almost makes me want to get the boss 302 grille. I'm looking at the starky fogs or the California Special lower fogs because I don't want to hack up my car.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
mhel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
any coupon code from cj pony? im trying to get the gt500 style lower grille and chin spoiler aswell seems like cj got better deal even without coupon with cervinis.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:20 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhel View Post
any coupon code from cj pony? im trying to get the gt500 style lower grille and chin spoiler aswell seems like cj got better deal even without coupon with cervinis.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I've been trying to find one to. The don't have a military discount either.
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:46 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
hdez41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 157
The Saleen grille looks the best!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
hdez41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:08 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Managed to find a 5% off code for CJPony. Code is - imback
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
What you guys think of this look but instead of fog lights in the middle just halos? Not with the splitter. Just the lower fogs, halos in the center and cervini upper and lower. I think his looks kind of tacky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	122957_800px.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	189720  
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PSL
Region: Florida
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
What you guys think of this look but instead of fog lights in the middle just halos? Not with the splitter. Just the lower fogs, halos in the center and cervini upper and lower. I think his looks kind of tacky.
Is that one halo on the bottom passenger side? What about the other side lol

Doesn't look that bad. The only thing that looks tacky are those hood pins.

What did you get on cjpony?
I can post pictures of my Boss grille with halos once I get it on.
dseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg View Post
Is that one halo on the bottom passenger side? What about the other side lol

Doesn't look that bad. The only thing that looks tacky are those hood pins.

What did you get on cjpony?
I can post pictures of my Boss grille with halos once I get it on.
I don't know what the hell that thing is at the bottom. But I was going to go with the cervini upper and lower grille, lower valance fog lights and just halos relocated to where he has his fog lights. I won't be doing that chin splitter he has because i'm going to get the cervini chin splitter later. The boss grille looks nice but man that thing is the cost of the cervini upper and lower grille combined.
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Lol glad I waited a bit. The Cervini upper and lower grille went on sale today.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
mhel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Lol glad I waited a bit. The Cervini upper and lower grille went on sale today.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

sale where? i just ordered lower grille today direct from cervini. theres no sale.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhel View Post
sale where? i just ordered lower grille today direct from cervini. theres no sale.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
At CJPony there is. $179 for upper and $125 for lower. Cervini isn't the only site

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
Guys that lower hole with the bezel is a brake coolant duct, JLT is most widely recognized for producing them but typically there are two and they are located where the gt/cs fog lights would be. Unless you're an s197 gt500 owners then they were in the grille like that.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440546552.685754.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	190068

Why only one though bro? You only turn right?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440546568.209317.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	190069


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front Grilles dustr24 2011-2014 Mustang GT 19 05-23-2014 10:21 PM
Installed my billet WS6 grilles: MarkuzLS1 Pictures and Videos 7 03-20-2005 05:34 PM
5x7 Speaker Grilles? Dom Mustang Audio & Video 6 03-09-2004 01:39 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.