Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Long tubes + O/R X + Roush

2K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
2013 5.0 I have roush axle backs on my coyote. I have found an amazing deal on some long tube headers and an offroad x pipe. I want to sound deadly but I also love for my car to be drivable and not drone you out. How bad is the drone gonna be if I add the long tubes and offroad x?

#2 ·
Deleting the cats will cause some drone regardless. That being said, sounds like a good set up. If it's too loud, just get some bullet type resonators welded in. That will quiet it down a couple of decibels.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
I went off-road H... Had to add in resonators paired up with my axle-backs. Still didn't like the rasp and the smell. Ditched the resonators and went with high-flow cats. Got a little louder but no smell and no rasp, all muscle sound.

#6 ·
I have a roush and I love the way my car sounds. With that said if u guys were in my shoes would u change the headers add h or x or delete the cat for performance wise and risk not liking the sound ? Or would u keep it as it is? I'm trying to figure out if the performance of any out weighs risking me not liking the sound

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#17 ·
Nobody is asking what brand of exhaust said "amazing deal" is? Because there are some good brands and then there are brands where the best use of the longtube is a doorstop.

#19 ·
I have this setup but with kooks headers and catless Xpipe and ermehgerd it's the coolest sounding exhaust just tooling around at low RPMs and when you get on it, it sounds like a jet. I have a video of my exhaust and what it sounds like on the interstate on my Instagram. There's zero drone with it as well regardless of RPMs.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

#20 ·
If you're gonna do longtubes, stick with no more than an intermediate sound type of axelback. That's why most go with gt500. I right now have flowmaster outlaws and off-road h pipes, I'm assuming longtubes will be pretty close to my loudness! It can be a bit unbearable for a DD especially when you want to accelerate at all. People look at you like you're an *** during morning/afternoon traffic haha

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#21 ·
Kooks, ARH or Dynatech if you are going to get full exhaust for anything 05-up. That is all.

Dynatech is on par with the Kooks quality wise and they are drastically cheaper. Still not BBK or MAC prices but you do get what you pay for especially when it comes to exhaust kits.

Ford | High Performance | DYNATECH | AfcoDynaPro.com

#22 ·
This is why I still don't understand why all my buddies think BBK's stuff is the best on the market...

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

#23 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the help guys! To be honest I think after readying all of these comments the long tubes are gonna be too loud for me. I also was only getting the x pipe becuase it was part if the deal. I personally like the way an H pipe sounds better. That being said. Would I be better off to buy a Pypes offroad h pipe or just get cat deletes and keep my factory h pipe? I thinkni will be happier with this sound and it will also not be as loud without the long tubes. I want a drivable car that sounds aggressive but I do not want a race car.

#25 ·
Pypes is one of the brands I meant when I was saying some brands are better used for doorstops.

#32 ·
Out of all the things ppl might consider a downside to an offroad exhaust... it baffles me when ppl say smell. It smells glorious. Then again, I'm used to smelling burnt Jet A all day so who knows lol.

#34 ·
c16 off-road mid pipe is amazing. I would use the stuff for cologne if I could.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Do it! I've had "baths" at work in Jet A before. I thought I smelled good till it started to burn and I had to go home and shower lmao.

#36 ·
Yep, that's the one. Crossover directly below the front of the trans. So not only do you scrape every damn thing, you've got all that heat right on the transmission. And of course its the one that came with my 2000 lol. Eh, its coming off next week and going right in the scrap pile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.