Choices with $500.00 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2015, 06:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Now that hurt. Ba ha ha ha. Dip. 😆

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
I'm loosening up a little on my dip tolerance.....I was just raised in one of those type of families where dippers were different and to be stayed away from.
Shifty shady bunch of busters. So what if it's legal, that doesn't mean I have to be a dipper too. One time at band camp....there was this older dipper boy...
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Wrong again.
I had a feeling you were going to say that. Lol. Grabber, I'm just asking but it's my understanding with the less rotational mass the one piece offers over the stock driveshaft this would provide quicker acceleration off the line.

I've read that a one piece aluminum can reduce a 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile by 2 to 3 tenths second. Grabber, I'm not saying this is a fact just from what I have read on the various forums about the one piece aluminum driveshafts.

I have a one piece aluminum driveshaft and have no clue if my car accelerates faster 0-60 with it. I can tell you my pony is smooth at 140 mph and feels smoother when accelerating.

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I'm loosening up a little on my dip tolerance.....I was just raised in one of those type of families where dippers were different and to be stayed away from.
Shifty shady bunch of busters. So what if it's legal, that doesn't mean I have to be a dipper too. One time at band camp....there was this older dipper boy...
Ba ha ha ha ha. Do not fear the dip. Let the dip flow through you young jedi. 😆

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Wrong again.

Instead of giving ur stupid comments or phrases than why don't u explain. U c this is the problem with this forum. Ppl come in here to get advise and learn from experienced ppl. Ppl like u don't come here to help instead try to belittle ppl of they're knowledge like ur cool and know it all. Even if what u say is true why don't u act like a grownup and explain things to ppl and correct them? Instated u make stupid little baby **** comments and try to belittle me. I know ur kind and I c it all the time. So go ahead and explain urself and help the op to make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
I had a feeling you were going to say that. Lol. Grabber, I'm just asking but it's my understanding with the less rotational mass the one piece offers over the stock driveshaft this would provide quicker acceleration off the line.

I've read that a one piece aluminum can reduce a 0-60 mph or 1/4 mile by 2 to 3 tenths second. Grabber, I'm not saying this is a fact just from what I have read on the various forums about the one piece aluminum driveshaft.
I tested one three years ago and made a total of 14 passes with it over a span of two months. I saw zero gains so I sold it. Trust me if I thought it was worth it I would have kept it.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

And to my knowledge, our great leader Dominick Toretto was not a dipper either.
And if he were here today on this thread, he would surely say, "I don't live a dip at a time...Dip is for Busters"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	190004  
Old 08-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Instead of giving ur stupid comments or phrases than why don't u explain. U c this is the problem with this forum. Ppl come in here to get advise and learn from experienced ppl. Ppl like u don't come here to help instead try to belittle ppl of they're knowledge like ur cool and know it all. Even if what u say is true why don't u act like a grownup and explain things to ppl and correct them? Instated u make stupid little baby **** comments and try to belittle me. I know ur kind and I c it all the time. So go ahead and explain urself and help the op to make a decision.
Hey, you were the one spouting off that it was a performance gain but have never tested one. So when you make blank statements with nothing to back it up you're going to come off looking very badly. Which you did.

I've explained my experiences several times over the years. I don't think I need to constantly revisit it.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I tested one three years ago and made a total of 14 passes with it over a span of two months. I saw zero gains so I sold it. Trust me if I thought it was worth it I would have kept it.
Copy that sir. I have no doubt you have tested it sir. If one is not adding performance with the aluminum driveshaft, is there any benifit for a Gt owner to upgrade to it?

I only ask because typically the 3.7 owners including myself buy the one piece because of how weak the two piece can be at high speeds. If I'm not mistaken, the GT factory driveshaft is stronger than the factory 3.7 driveshaft.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Copy that sir. I have no doubt you have tested it sir. If one is not adding performance with the aluminum driveshaft, is there any benifit for a Gt owner to upgrade to it?

I only ask because typically the 3.7 owners including myself buy the one piece because of how weak the two piece can be at high speeds. If I'm not mistaken, the GT factory driveshaft is stronger than the factory 3.7 driveshaft.
There is a benefit of one to the manual guys but only at the track as a safety feature. The stock two piece driveshaft will not like high rpm clutch dumps over time. But again for the price they command? There are better ways to spend your money in my opinion.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey, you were the one spouting off that it was a performance gain but have never tested one. So when you make blank statements with nothing to back it up you're going to come off looking very badly. Which you did.

I've explained my experiences several times over the years. I don't think I need to constantly revisit it.

Never said it was performance gain. I said performance mod. If it makes ur car smoother to me it's still considered performance. Ur car will be performing better. Like I said u may have posted this several times but for the newbies that don't know who u are or what u posted in the past need to know why u disagree. I'm not saying it didn't do what u expected it to do. All I'm saying is instead of saying yea, no,or whatever comments u make u need to explain urself to the newbies

Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

You guys are making me sad. Just spray your original drive shaft with plasti dip and call it a day. Aluminum color.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

^ that's funny and it wouldn't surprise me if ppl took that literal.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I know nothing about drive shafts or if there's a performance benefit but it's one of those mods that for me..myself...I can't spend that much on something that 1. I can't even see. And 2. Not sure if I could tell any difference while daily driving. I don't track or drag, so ... Hey though, if I had Lotto money, I would definelty get one just because.
For around $580 my next mod (3.73 gears) will be one that I can't see of course but I understand I will definelty feel it daily driving manual. More giggle factor.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I picked up an aluminum 1 PC driveshaft for my 14 GT. Not only does the car feel "snappier" but I gained at least 1 mpg average. It's smoother, lighter and eliminates one less thing for the motor to fight before the power meets the road. I'm not tuned and my car continues to surprise me now that this is installed.

That's my experience.

3.7 guys need these to remove the speed limiter and take the car up to high speeds. That's a fact.

I feel like it's a sound investment.

This is my opinion.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:50 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I will get one cause the majority of ppl I talk to say they make a diff unlike some ppl. Also it's lighter so to me every pound counts especially cause I weigh 200. To me it makes sense. I hope more ppl chime in on this. I find it hard to believe that slot of ppl that made this purchase r unhappy.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You guys are making me sad. Just spray your original drive shaft with plasti dip and call it a day. Aluminum color.
Hummmm. Dipped driveshaft. 🍺🍻

Old 08-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I picked up an aluminum 1 PC driveshaft for my 14 GT. Not only does the car feel "snappier" but I gained at least 1 mpg average. It's smoother, lighter and eliminates one less thing for the motor to fight before the power meets the road. I'm not tuned and my car continues to surprise me now that this is installed.

That's my experience.

3.7 guys need these to remove the speed limiter and take the car up to high speeds. That's a fact.

This is my opinion.
You're right on that sir. For the 3.7's its a must if someone wants to utilize the high speed Ford gave the car.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #53
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Nah, wrap it up with some Reynolds wrap.... Good 2 GO! lol
Old 08-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's my experience.

This is my opinion.
Shouldn't you be busy building us some deck panels??!! Hope you're successful, I really think you would sell out as fast as you make them.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:46 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The mgw race spec shifter was such a great buy. I have had absolutely no issues with any type of performance driving. Really wish I could get a new clutch though 😂

Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:45 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Why not save a little more and get a single drive shaft? I always say go for a mod that can beef up the performance.

I done quite abit of racing with my 2014 GT. I installed an aluminum driveshaft in my car. The ET and mph didn't change one bit. Its a nice upgradebut the performance gain is zero. If you're really counting pennies the DS is money not well spent.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
well I think it is first to decide performance or appearance. I do one, then other, then back and so on usually. so if you decide appearance I would do fron end I dont think anything looks meaner. I have the CDC upper because I did before Cirvini came out but I like it. I did Cirvini lower a couple weeks ago but I have Roush splitter. Makes for a mean look I think.
I just ordered the Cervini upper and lower grill. Came to 305.98 with the sale CJpony had going on.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Man what a difference stripes make sometimes! In my opinion this is the best looking, cleanest color combo Mustang! I keep kicking myself for having to get a black one now. I was after the badass stealthy look but there's just something about a white Mustang with those blue stripes! Here's my all time favorite Mustang color and configuration.
*OP, keep in mind that if you go with the Cervinis GT500 style upper to get the mesh also, install requires removing enitre front bumper cover....which is actually no big deal and once you do it, you could do it again in 10 minutes.
Yeah I wanted white or grabber blue as well but I had to settle for black. So I went with grabber blue GT500 style racing strips and I just ordered the upper and lower Cervini grilles.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:45 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is a benefit of one to the manual guys but only at the track as a safety feature. The stock two piece driveshaft will not like high rpm clutch dumps over time. But again for the price they command? There are better ways to spend your money in my opinion.
Thanks for the information grabber. I was thinking about getting one until I saw the price. I'm never going to race my car so I don't think I need one after your results.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:53 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I just ordered the Cervini upper and lower grill. Came to 305.98 with the sale CJpony had going on.

Post pics when installed!!
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:49 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Made my decision and ordered the front end kit for $500.00. Can't wait till it gets here!! Now I'm on the hunt for new gig lights.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440730104.323397.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	190176

Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:04 PM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Well, its better than spending $500 at a gentlemens' club I guess.

Or is it?

2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:06 PM   #63
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Well, its better than spending $500 at a gentlemens' club I guess.

Or is it?

That all depends. I vote grille then park outside club and drop panties fo free
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
That all depends. I vote grille then park outside club and drop panties fo free

This just made my night hahahaha!

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Made my decision and ordered the front end kit for $500.00. Can't wait till it gets here!! Now I'm on the hunt for new gig lights.

Attachment 190176

What site did you order from?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Attachment 190176

Looks awesome.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:40 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
What site did you order from?

Cj pony parts and used the site coupon I found online for 5% off

Old 08-28-2015, 03:40 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cj pony parts and used the site coupon I found online for 5% off

I got a email saying the lower grille was in stock so I live chatted them and they said it wasn't in stock. Mine says backordered.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:44 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Gotcha im in no rush since I have to order fog lights still. I only want to install once

Old 08-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gotcha im in no rush since I have to order fog lights still. I only want to install once

Same here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT