Lower control arm problems on 2013 mustang gt. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Lower control arm problems on 2013 mustang gt.

I took my car to the dealer because it was making weird noises going over bumbs and cruising on the highway. The tech inspected the car & they told me it was both my front lower control arms needed replacement, they also said both my rear sway bar links needed replacement and that a leak I have over the rear axle is coming from the vent tube which needs an updated part. I am not too familiar with all these suspension components so I was wondering if anybody else has had these problems and how hard would it be for me to just fix this my self. They want alot of money and it seems really fishy that I have to pay for suspension problems on such a new car. I only have about a thousand miles left on the 60,000 mile warranty. The noises are pops going over bumbs and it sounds like something is lose while on the highway. It also makes a popping sound at the wheels when i put it into first gear and give it gas.As for the leak, I got under the car and saw what looked like oil over the drivers side rear on the axle.
silvercoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I'm curious about the vent tube part update. Because mine leaks and I talked to one of the guys at the dealership and he wasn't the least bit concerned. It was when my buddy worked there too so I'd have thought they would taken good care of me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercoyote View Post
I took my car to the dealer because it was making weird noises going over bumbs and cruising on the highway. The tech inspected the car & they told me it was both my front lower control arms needed replacement, they also said both my rear sway bar links needed replacement and that a leak I have over the rear axle is coming from the vent tube which needs an updated part. I am not too familiar with all these suspension components so I was wondering if anybody else has had these problems and how hard would it be for me to just fix this my self. They want alot of money and it seems really fishy that I have to pay for suspension problems on such a new car. I only have about a thousand miles left on the 60,000 mile warranty. The noises are pops going over bumbs and it sounds like something is lose while on the highway. It also makes a popping sound at the wheels when i put it into first gear and give it gas.As for the leak, I got under the car and saw what looked like oil over the drivers side rear on the axle.
There is a TSB on the front lower control arms. Mine (2012) were replaced under warranty however you are well out of warranty on your car. I replaced them myself on my daughter's 2010 GT. The rubber bushings on the sway bar links are probably considered a normal wear item. I just replaced them on my daughter's car. And I believe that there is a TSB on the rear end vent. The gear oil leaks out of the vent during hard cornering. It really isn't much of a concern other than the oil on the axle. The fix to this is to add a vent tube and reservoir to catch the oil. All of these can be done at home. The lower control arms are the most difficult item and they took me about an hour each to replace. I do have a lift in my garage however. So, the bottom line is....pretty normal for our cars.

Rob
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I had a rear vent changed out at 28,000 miles, and now I am hearing my lca starting to go. I am just going to buy steeda because I am going to lower it, and if the stock one went out in such a short time why replace it with oem, when you can just buy something more Durable and it will help with the handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:01 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, BMR adjustable upper control arm, BMR adjustable panhard bard. Lower it, call it good.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang