Suspension questions involving AirLift Kit. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Suspension questions involving AirLift Kit.

I plan on lowering my car but I don't like the roads in my area much, so I decided to go with an AirLift Kit. I'll be driving in a lowered stance most of the time, but sometimes I'll be driving in a higher stance. I will be putting LCAs, relocation brackets, and a UCA on the car before I get the AirLift Kit. I'll be ordering the adjustable panhard bar when I order the AirLift Kit. The question is when I install the AirLift Kit should I set the adjustable pan hard bar for a lowered stance? Just trying to cover all the bases because I know when you lower the car the rear axle shifts. I didn't know if riding in a higher stance when the car is set for a lower one would affect the ride or rear axle.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 12:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Set the panhard to whatever youre going to be driving at most. My setup is 60 psi fronts 50 rear for daily driving. I have it at 100 all four for getting into driveways. The car rides so smooth even lowered youll be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jicenroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I plan on lowering my car but I don't like the roads in my area much, so I decided to go with an AirLift Kit. I'll be driving in a lowered stance most of the time, but sometimes I'll be driving in a higher stance. I will be putting LCAs, relocation brackets, and a UCA on the car before I get the AirLift Kit. I'll be ordering the adjustable panhard bar when I order the AirLift Kit. The question is when I install the AirLift Kit should I set the adjustable pan hard bar for a lowered stance? Just trying to cover all the bases because I know when you lower the car the rear axle shifts. I didn't know if riding in a higher stance when the car is set for a lower one would affect the ride or rear axle.

I'm planning on going this route too because I hate scraping. I've had other lower cars before and it sucks. Just curious with what company you are going with? I m thinking of going Airrex suspension. Sorry I know none of this helps you out.
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
Supporter

Region: Texas
Suspension questions involving AirLift Kit.

I refuse to lower mine... Lol need that ground clearance for work driveway, house driveway and other parking lot turn ins around my me. Almost like I live in a bowl.
What's the average cost of a air kit? I've priced it out before but I'm sure it's changed over the years.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
I refuse to lower mine... Lol need that ground clearance for work driveway, house driveway and other parking lot turn ins around my me. Almost like I live in a bowl.
What's the average cost of a air kit? I've prices it out before but I'm sure it's changed over the years.
I totally understand where you are coming from. I rarely drive my pony to work because I scrape
And I'm not even lowered yet. I got a quote for Airlift Performance's digital kit with full install for $4500.
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
It's $3200 for the kit. I'm going to install it myself.

Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Set the panhard to your preferred ride height.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Set Panhard Bar and Front End alignment at your ride height and also pinon angle.
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Just an fyi dont get BMR relo brsckets. I had tontake mine off cuz they hit the rear sway bar on every bump

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jicenroa is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT