Hertz gt or a regular gt? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2015, 12:13 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
And here's what they say about the Hertz Penske price you're looking at.
High Price! $4100 above market value. I'd say they spot on. Sharp car though and rare. Just not worth the gamble on future problems or the $ for owning one.
If it was $26k....I might risk it.
OR PAY FULL ASKING PRICE IF ITS # 1-10 because those were manuals and never in the rental fleet. They were VIP and Ford exec cars.
This is an auto though and the yellow stripe should be all the way down the front bumper cover. And it's missing a front lip spoiler....soooooo something smells funky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	191290  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 12:26 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
This is what the front end should look like! The one you're tempted to buy has had the entire front end replaced. Do five minutes of research before almost sinking yourself. As of ten minutes ago, I didn't know any of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	191292  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:43 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I got my '13 Premium last February at CARMAX.

19' factory machined aluminum spoke/black painted wheels - sticker showed this as a $1,000 option
comfort package with pony lamps, heated seats, burg alarm, center cluster readout package, strut tower brace, full spare, and PRICED RIGHT

one owner, not a lease or rental, 6,900 miles and not one scratch, dent, mark.... THE CAR SHOWED AS NEW

I believe the original owner traded it in on a red GT stick vert in NC

I shopped this HARD all over the SE U.S. and got a tremendous package at an unbelievable price.

I was simply LUCKY and in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time.

RWSRWS
RWSRWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 06:35 AM   #39
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipoffs View Post
My opinion is that you buy a car because you want to drive it, not for its future collectors value, because you never know what the future holds.
Excellent point!
Buy it and drive it. Ford will be making many more of them.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivelyMustang View Post
Hey guys just wondering which one I should go for. I can get a base or even a premium gt with like 20k miles for 27 or 28k, maybe less. Or do I want a hertz penske gt with 24k miles for 31k? The price tag seems a little high so I might try to get them down a couple thousand.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You are being overcharged by about $5k by whoever you are getting it from. Go somewhere else or buy from a private party enthusiast that you KNOW took good care of the car.

I won't buy a performance car from a DEALER especially not a rental. Not when I can jump on a forum like this one, the Corral, SVTP etc... and find a car for sale and then bang back through the user's posts and if there is a build/mod thread about the car and see if they were retarded or not.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT