Lowered, Bouncy Ride - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Lowered, Bouncy Ride

I just lowered my car over the weekend and did the full package.. Eibach sportline, Koni Orange shocks and struts, BMR adjustable panhard, j&m CC plates, BMR lca, and BMR Relocation brackets. I know the ride quality changes when lowering, but now it is extremely bouncy and feels like I can feel everything on the road. Anyone with the same or similar set up, is this normal when lowering so low? Or am I possibly missing or mess something up?
cdouglas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lowered, Bouncy Ride

The springs will have less space to travel which makes them stiff. Depending on what shocks and struts you have they might not be able to compensate for the stiffness of the springs. This is why it's always good to go with a set of adjustable shocks and struts.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Adjustable shocks and struts I think is what he meant
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lowered, Bouncy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Adjustable shocks and struts I think is what he meant

Haha yeah my mind thought shocks and struts but my fingers thought other wise.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas12 View Post
I just lowered my car over the weekend and did the full package.. Eibach sportline, Koni Orange shocks and struts, BMR adjustable panhard, j&m CC plates, BMR lca, and BMR Relocation brackets. I know the ride quality changes when lowering, but now it is extremely bouncy and feels like I can feel everything on the road. Anyone with the same or similar set up, is this normal when lowering so low? Or am I possibly missing or mess something up?
First, you need to let the springs settle in and all of the new suspension pieces to kind of settle in also.
Not knowing what you had for suspension before..............it's going to be much firmer than it was stock.
My TrakPak 14 Mustang is also lowered on Sportlines and found no need to go with caster/camber plates because I used the OE TrakPak struts/shocks. It is firmer than it was before but handles 100% better..........on the highway it also rides nicer......IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have the exact same setup and my ride is fine. Try letting it settle like was already mentioned. Should be good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Fax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Umm, when you do everything you did...you get a stiffer ride. Translates to bouncy and feeling everything. This is the point. Can't have a stock like ride with a sport line drop bud.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

This is one reason you usually don't totally revamp the suspension all at once. It's usually done in stages so that you wear each part in and adjust if need be rather than completely changing the whole suspension...........now the total suspension is brand new once again..............it will take time to break-it-in so to speak.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdouglas12 View Post
One of the things to do would have been to buy smaller bump stops or cut the stock ones. Overall because you used lowering springs there is less suspension travel in combination with stiffer springs you will feel a more stiff ride. I have koni oranges on the car and cannot say I recommend them after putting about 6k miles on the car with them. I have steeda sport springs, I definitely feel like there is inadequate damping for them with the koni oranges. Although there is a slight improvement with them over the brembo pack dampers.

You're really not going to be able to buy off the shelf products hoping for the best and achieve a great result. (this goes for adjustable shocks as well, especially koni yellows) They are only rebound adjustable and its the compression stroke that provides the most feedback to the driver. As a diatribe, I've researched KW v3's as they are adjustable both ways but they mix linear with progressive springs, so it's hard to figure out how you want to adjust them. Not many people even with older stangs report back that they like their KW's. Though one thing to keep in mind is as you increase stiffness and or response you will compromise comfort, thats why stock rides are so mushy as their cycles per minute are usually lower than a suspension setup with more stiffness / resistance.
Koni STR's
Air Raid CAI
Borla axlebacks
ShatterPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

The Sportlines already come with shortened bump stops to replace the stock ones...I would assume he changed them out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT