X pipe help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
X pipe help

Hello, I am a new mustang owner and new member to this forum. I recently got a 2014 mustang 5.0 which came with Roush axle back exhaust when I got it. I would like to get an X pipe but I am wondering which one adds some performance(if any) and which one in your opinion sounds best with the Roush axlebacks. Also, I would like to get an after cat x pipe since it's my daily and at the moment there would be no reason for no cats. Thanks!
Bryanh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
There is going to be absolutely no to minimum performance gain going from stock to X pipe, but more rasp and little more exotic exhaust note

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
There is going to be absolutely no to minimum performance gain going from stock to X pipe, but more rasp and little more exotic exhaust note

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
So do you think it's worth the money for an x pipe? Or just get a CAI and forget about the aftermarket mid pipes? I don't plan on changing out the headers anytime soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I wouldn't waste any money on a cold air intake.... You could get sct tuner and flash a tune that would give a little gain plus you'll have it for when you decide you want to do more upgrades. Or buy a nice shifter or work on the suspension with the money you were gonna spend on the x pipe or intake
hitmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmeagain View Post
I wouldn't waste any money on a cold air intake.... You could get sct tuner and flash a tune that would give a little gain plus you'll have it for when you decide you want to do more upgrades. Or buy a nice shifter or work on the suspension with the money you were gonna spend on the x pipe or intake
Why not a Cold Air Intake? I thought those were great?
Old 09-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Don't waste your money on any of that dude. Suspension is going to make your car faster when your not wheel hopping all over the place. Roush mufflers are designed to be used with the factory h. X pipe actually makes it quieter in my opinion. H pipe makes it more old school like as if it's gurgling. I wouldn't tune your car unless you are out of warranty or have mods that require it. CAI is a waste.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Don't waste your money on any of that dude. Suspension is going to make your car faster when your not wheel hopping all over the place. Roush mufflers are designed to be used with the factory h. X pipe actually makes it quieter in my opinion. H pipe makes it more old school like as if it's gurgling. I wouldn't tune your car unless you are out of warranty or have mods that require it. CAI is a waste.
Well it is my daily and I still have another 2 years left on the warranty. Should I just not mod it for now and just wait? Or get the suspension done and just leave any other upgrades till later?
Old 09-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanh24 View Post
Well it is my daily and I still have another 2 years left on the warranty. Should I just not mod it for now and just wait? Or get the suspension done and just leave any other upgrades till later?

Yeah man, I'm telling you suspension is where it's at. Get some good springs, a adjustable panhard bar, some good LCAs and you have just made your car 10x better. Shocks and struts are also advisable if you lower it. Stock struts and shocks blow out pretty quick once you lower it.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah man, I'm telling you suspension is where it's at. Get some good springs, a adjustable panhard bar, some good LCAs and you have just made your car 10x better. Shocks and struts are also advisable if you lower it. Stock struts and shocks blow out pretty quick once you lower it.
How much would it cost thought just to get it lowered?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Springs ~200
Shocks struts ~500
Adjustable panhard bar ~120
LCA ~120

You can do springs and panhard and be okay. But eventually you want to do the rest. If you are doing your own labor than no big deal. But if you are paying for labor you should do the struts first shot and save the labor the second time around.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Springs ~200
Shocks struts ~500
Adjustable panhard bar ~120
LCA ~120

You can do springs and panhard and be okay. But eventually you want to do the rest. If you are doing your own labor than no big deal. But if you are paying for labor you should do the struts first shot and save the labor the second time around.
What would be the cheapest thing to do just to get it lowered? I'll worry about the other things later.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
What would be the cheapest thing to do just to get it lowered? I'll worry about the other things later.

Cheapest would b to let air outta the tires and drive around with a fat women !!!! Might have to feed her here and there but still be cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Cheapest would b to let air outta the tires and drive around with a fat women !!!! Might have to feed her here and there but still be cheaper

Ha! True.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Um like I said, springs and adjustable panhard bar mandatory.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I agree on the suspension mods this were its at.... My engine is bone stock. I spent my money on springs sway bars and control arms and a shifter and better tires car is a barrel of fun now and even does quite well at the drag strip. I was 4 tenths faster than several 2015s that were at the strip with me.
hitmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Springs shocks and struts

Old 09-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Alright guys thanks for the info! I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a roush axle back and that's all. I love the sound that it makes. I don't c any reason to add anything else to it . I'm afraid that if I spend the money to add mid pipe or even a cat delete that I might not like the sound. Why fix something if it's not broken right?!! If ur happy with it don't touch it spend ur money on something else. If u want to lower ur car don't be cheap about it. Do it right the first time.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have a roush axle back and that's all. I love the sound that it makes. I don't c any reason to add anything else to it . I'm afraid that if I spend the money to add mid pipe or even a cat delete that I might not like the sound. Why fix something if it's not broken right?!! If ur happy with it don't touch it spend ur money on something else. If u want to lower ur car don't be cheap about it. Do it right the first time.

I love my roush AB's also. Love the crackling sound they make when you are slowing down, and I read that aftermarket mid pipe takes that away and I don't want that. So I guess I'll just keep looking for mods that I like because as of now I think lowering the car is just too much for me.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love my roush AB's also. Love the crackling sound they make when you are slowing down, and I read that aftermarket mid pipe takes that away and I don't want that. So I guess I'll just keep looking for mods that I like because as of now I think lowering the car is just too much for me.

Yea I think that's smart. I'm sure u still have warranty so u really shouldnt do a tune. My next mod is gonna be the suspension. I have to find a way to put more the power I have to the ground

Old 09-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I think that's smart. I'm sure u still have warranty so u really shouldnt do a tune. My next mod is gonna be the suspension. I have to find a way to put more the power I have to the ground

Yeah, I still have 2 years on the warranty and the car is already great as is. Might just leave it stock for now until warranty is up and prob by that time I'll have more money to spend on the car. As of now all I can get is something like a CAI or anything in that price range. Already have aftermarket rims and the exhaust. I think leaving it alone would be the smartest thing to do as of now.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I still have 2 years on the warranty and the car is already great as is. Might just leave it stock for now until warranty is up and prob by that time I'll have more money to spend on the car. As of now all I can get is something like a CAI or anything in that price range. Already have aftermarket rims and the exhaust. I think leaving it alone would be the smartest thing to do as of now.

Wouldn't waste your money on cai either.. Ur stock is good enough. Unless u get a blower there's no reason why u should get an aftermarket cai. After ur warranty is up get a tune. Worth the money.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:08 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

My car launches like no other and my motor is stock and I have no real power adders. But I have spent a ton on suspension. But worth EVERY PENNY.

I have the following Steeda parts, sport springs, caster camber plates, billet LCAs, adjustable UCA, adjustable bracket, adjustable panhard bar, panhard bar bracket, gtrack bar, ultimate rear sway bar, adjustable front sway bar, x-brace (retains rear seats)

Then I have Koni yellow struts and shocks (adjustable), and BMR LCA relo brackets.

All this translates into coring like its on rails and no squat launches, no nose dive braking, and no wheel hop on top of amazing amounts of grip even on my p-zeros with almost 32k on them. I'd bet I could take a supercharged coyote with stock suspension for a ride and that guy would be pretty upset. At least from a dig.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wouldn't waste your money on cai either.. Ur stock is good enough. Unless u get a blower there's no reason why u should get an aftermarket cai. After ur warranty is up get a tune. Worth the money.

Yeah I think that's what I'll do. And what makes it even better is I already have a tuner that was given to me when I bought the car so when I want to tune it it's right there ready for me.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My car launches like no other and my motor is stock and I have no real power adders. But I have spent a ton on suspension. But worth EVERY PENNY.

I have the following Steeda parts, sport springs, caster camber plates, billet LCAs, adjustable UCA, adjustable bracket, adjustable panhard bar, panhard bar bracket, gtrack bar, ultimate rear sway bar, adjustable front sway bar, x-brace (retains rear seats)

Then I have Koni yellow struts and shocks (adjustable), and BMR LCA relo brackets.

All this translates into coring like its on rails and no squat launches, no nose dive braking, and no wheel hop on top of amazing amounts of grip even on my p-zeros with almost 32k on them. I'd bet I could take a supercharged coyote with stock suspension for a ride and that guy would be pretty upset. At least from a dig.
Yeah, but at this time I can't spend that much on the car or else I totally would. Even just lowering it without all of the other things costs a lot. Bummer but something that can wait for the future I think.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dig yes 1/4 mile no

Old 09-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Dig yes 1/4 mile no

Never said quarter, but I agree. Although it might still be pretty close. Depends on the driver and how much tire they spin. Either way you shake it, these mods are essential to any real serious mustang guy especially if you ever plan to do power adders.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never said quarter, but I agree. Although it might still be pretty close. Depends on the driver and how much tire they spin. Either way you shake it, these mods are essential to any real serious mustang guy especially if you ever plan to do power adders.

Couldn't agree more..this is why that is gonna b my next thing on the to do list. By the way how much did all of that cost u?

Old 09-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Couldn't agree more..this is why that is gonna b my next thing on the to do list. By the way how much did all of that cost u?

I am pretty thrifty, so if I can get it used or open box I do. I have it all written down somewhere but it's about 2k give or take a hundred or so. It's a ton of parts. Expensive parts lol. I did score the Koni yellow struts on eBay because the box had been damaged for 275 for the pair. Saved me a ton. Got the sway bars from a member here used for the price of one, Steeda gave me a forum discount for all the new Steeda stuff I bought which was about a grand.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

The X pipe does make a more raspy sound than the H. I went with an off-road x and eliminated the cats since Florida doesn't do inspections. By removing the cats it breathes a little better but expect the noise level to jump as well. Between the Off-road X and Pype's axle backs, mine is pretty loud, sounds great to me!

Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Yeah Cai unless it's a larger than stock housing along with tune and to are the only noticeable gains you will see. Get your car hooked up, suspension, gears etc will net you better gains. Exhaust needs to be full bolt on and tune as well (i.e. long tubed + x will net you more usable power, x pipe is situational at best by itself.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:06 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

(He is going to go with the Large Chassis Option).
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:57 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Get what you want and have fun doing it!
Magnaflow Example:
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT