MMD ductail or GT500 wing? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #71
Senior Member
Supporter
 
Spartanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: League City
Region: Texas
Posts: 466
MMD ductail or GT500 wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fax22 View Post
What about the carbon fiber duck tail?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I have given that one significantly more thought vs the painted one.... Would match the CF hood I will get.
__________________
MT-82 hate.
Spartanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fax22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Johns Creek
Region: Georgia
Posts: 202
Im thinking about getting it because I think it will look good in contrast to the white paint on my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Fax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:25 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bryanh24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
That's correct only springs and PH. It's honestly not a bad ride. Never had any problems. Was gonna maybe grab some LCAs and Koni oranges in the future tho. But I've had this set up for almost a year now.



You're the only person I've ever heard say this. EVERY single person has said they've liked the way it's looked besides you. But you're entitled to your own opinion.








You've made your point you think it's ugly lol. Again no one else seems to think that. I feel like you like the roush or the gt000 wing because they come from Ford. Lol. The MMD does not look like an "autozone" part. Looks pretty damn good to me and worth the 330$.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axle back/AEM CAI
Do you think the panhard bar and lowering springs would be comfortable enough for daily use? And that is true I haven't seen or heard anyone say that the MMD is ugly. It's a great looking piece to add to you're car. But if he doesn't like it, then he doesn't like it.
Bryanh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #74
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Erie
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6
Ducktail all the way. The others are way too erector set.
markmiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
3.7Muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 544
I love my Ducktail spoiler from Cervini, check the link in my sig for pics.
__________________
See my Baby Here

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bryanh24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
I love my Ducktail spoiler from Cervini, check the link in my sig for pics.
Looks good! But I'm shooting for the MMD one. Cervini's does look good but a little too much wing for me.
Bryanh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #77
Senior Member
Supporter
 
Spartanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: League City
Region: Texas
Posts: 466
Check out Stage 3 Motor Motor Sports.... They have some decent options (I found one that I may get with this part number:18014015). Downside it that is not painted out of the box....
__________________
MT-82 hate.
Spartanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:49 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
hobo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raleigh
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 142
Don't go ducktail cause I like staying unique!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1443059327.688278.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	191454


Piloting a '13 GT with track, frpp handling, glass, mgw, bmr and sct
hobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:38 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bryanh24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo1 View Post
Don't go ducktail cause I like staying unique!Attachment 191454


Piloting a '13 GT with track, frpp handling, glass, mgw, bmr and sct
Lol gotta go someway! Love the ducktail on yours, looks really clean.
Bryanh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:34 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanh24 View Post
Do you think the panhard bar and lowering springs would be comfortable enough for daily use? And that is true I haven't seen or heard anyone say that the MMD is ugly. It's a great looking piece to add to you're car. But if he doesn't like it, then he doesn't like it.

Yea it's all good if he doesn't like it o don't care lol. But yea it's comfortable enough forsure


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axle back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
Installed the GT500 spoiler today to replace the tiny base GT spoiler and now I am kinda shocked that it didn't change the look of the whole car as drastically as I imagined. I bet I could ask my teenage step sons what looks different and they wouldn't even see it right off.
But it does look good. Just not one of those holy cow the car looks so different now things. Maybe because black car?
Sorry no pics, I know that's lame.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:27 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Installed the GT500 spoiler today to replace the tiny base GT spoiler and now I am kinda shocked that it didn't change the look of the whole car as drastically as I imagined. I bet I could ask my teenage step sons what looks different and they wouldn't even see it right off.
But it does look good. Just not one of those holy cow the car looks so different now things. Maybe because black car?
Sorry no pics, I know that's lame.

Probably because it's black and you can't see the lines. I have an Oxford white 14 GT and it made a huge difference out back in aggressiveness.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:17 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Made a huge difference on my black GT. Don't know about dude.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:20 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
I like how it turned out.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443162006277.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	191501  
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:10 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Probably because it's black and you can't see the lines. I have an Oxford white 14 GT and it made a huge difference out back in aggressiveness.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I know that's probably the reason because in pics all color Mustangs look drastically better with it than the little stock one.
Also...the new spoiler does not have the metallic gunmetal GT500 style stripes on it yet, that should be there like the old one had. So it's actually not in final proper appearance yet.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Installed the GT500 spoiler today to replace the tiny base GT spoiler and now I am kinda shocked that it didn't change the look of the whole car as drastically as I imagined. I bet I could ask my teenage step sons what looks different and they wouldn't even see it right off.
But it does look good. Just not one of those holy cow the car looks so different now things. Maybe because black car?
Sorry no pics, I know that's lame.
I think all 3 types look great, but they really only impress ourselves and other Mustang freaks, regular civilians dont care.
They like Stangs as they sit out of the box. Thats whats stopping me from adding a rear spoiler as I have done on my other 3 GT's
I have owned. Also it wont get you an extra penny of resale value
when you go to sell the car in the future. So Im gonna just live with the stocker for now.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #87
Registered Member

Regular
 
olerodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Corvallis
Region: Oregon
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
I think all 3 types look great, but they really only impress ourselves and other Mustang freaks, regular civilians dont care.
They like Stangs as they sit out of the box. Thats whats stopping me from adding a rear spoiler as I have done on my other 3 GT's
I have owned. Also it wont get you an extra penny of resale value
when you go to sell the car in the future.
So Im gonna just live with the stocker for now.
I'm not trying be argumentative or unfriendly with my comments..... I've had numerous comments on how nice my car looks from "non Mustang freaks".........regular civilians as you call them......and get thumbs up when driving on the highway.....doubt I would get those with a "stock" looking Mustang.
Resale value!?, if you buy a Mustang you have already limited your market and worrying about personalizing your car and making it yours rather than having it look like thousands of stock Mustangs just doesn't make sense to me....a car is among the worst investments you can make...wish you good luck on reselling a stock Mustang with no personality.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I'm not trying be argumentative or unfriendly with my comments..... I've had numerous comments on how nice my car looks from "non Mustang freaks".........regular civilians as you call them......and get thumbs up when driving on the highway.....doubt I would get those with a "stock" looking Mustang.
Resale value!?, if you buy a Mustang you have already limited your market and worrying about personalizing your car and making it yours rather than having it look like thousands of stock Mustangs just doesn't make sense to me....a car is among the worst investments you can make...wish you good luck on reselling a stock Mustang with no personality.
My car is not totally stock at all, I have put money into it to make it what I want,personalized. The reason Im driving a nice car is because I always take excellent care of my cars with resale value in the back of my mind. An unmodded car will fetch more than a car with all kinds of crap hanging on it. Plus I dont have unlimited money in the bank anyway.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #89
Registered Member

Regular
 
olerodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Corvallis
Region: Oregon
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
My car is not totally stock at all, I have put money into it to make it what I want,personalized. The reason Im driving a nice car is because I always take excellent care of my cars with resale value in the back of my mind. An unmodded car will fetch more than a car with all kinds of crap hanging on it. Plus I dont have unlimited money in the bank anyway.
Oh, I just assumed the way you talked your car was mostly stock.
I haven't done anything crazy and all of the body mod's have been OE Ford parts including the GT500 wheels, twin tip mufflers with rear valance panel and Boss 302 front splitter/deflector. The suspension mod's are aftermarket.
Although my car is one of less than 4800 14 TrakPak cars with less than 10k miles I am pretty sure with the mod's I've done I will get more than if it was stock....we will see what kind of price I get when I put it up for sale shortly.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Oh, I just assumed the way you talked your car was mostly stock.
I haven't done anything crazy and all of the body mod's have been OE Ford parts including the GT500 wheels, twin tip mufflers with rear valance panel and Boss 302 front splitter/deflector. The suspension mod's are aftermarket.
Although my car is one of less than 4800 14 TrakPak cars with less than 10k miles I am pretty sure with the mod's I've done I will get more than if it was stock....we will see what kind of price I get when I put it up for sale shortly.
Yeah, I agree on using all Ford parts. Will still be easy for a dealer
to sell off a lot in no time at all,or highly desirable for an individual.
I was once tempted to buy an 06 with a Body kit and 20" wheels.
But I came to my senses and bought a stock certifed 06.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:42 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
R.R.STANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 138
Why would someone buy an ugly spoiler just to be unique or different. Its the reason gt500 spoiler is on everyones mustang , it looks the best. Buy what you like the most, not mod just to be unique.
__________________
2013 Premium GT with Leather Recaros.
Performance mods: GT500 quadtip mufflers with resonator deletes.
Exterior Mods: Roush front, side and rear splitters. GT/CS rear wing. GT500 rear diffuser. GT500 Replica Wheels in gloss black 19 inch.
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:20 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
True, so many mods that we go with are not hardly unique but I think some are so popular because there is a sense that it looks and fits the car right. Like the GT500 spoiler to me looks like what's supposed to be there but if you want "unique" don't go with that one if everyone in your area has one too.
I live in a place where you won't see another Mustang for a month. So a mod that everyone has on this forum isn't an issue for my situation.
Some areas, like Texas seems Mustang overpopulated and everyone has the same unique mods. When in reality, if you drove a bone stocker....you're the unique one.
All I know is that I'm definelty going to be different and I'm installing a different shift knob! Probably one of those round cue ball types.
Oh, my previous comment about the spoiler not wowing me after I installed is definelty because the stripes aren't on yet. The stripes on the back stop and don't continue and this really hides that it's there on a black car.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:11 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackBetty2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South KIngstown
Region: Rhode Island
Posts: 126
I love my duck tail...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443474684553.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	191620  
BlackBetty2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:41 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
SYMBOLISM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Vacaville
Region: California
Posts: 124
MMD ductail or GT500 wing?

I had issues with my ducktail coming up in the front corners. I even tried the more expensive black 3m. It looked awesome. But the lack of front bolts cause it too kinda tetter totter a little bit. I returned it for lowering springs. I will be getting an oem gt500 instead at a later time.

I took it off and on 3 different times with the same results. Try and clean off the 3m tape 3 times can drive someone to see a shrink. I think I may have had a warped spoiler.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SYMBOLISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
c_rizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,008
I prefer the back up camera spoiler: Part # AR33 624 1602 BF

Here are some on ebay:
AR33 624 1602 BF | eBay

IF you have the OEM Navigation unit or an aftermarket HU, you can add the back up camera functionality to it. You can use this how-to guide: How to: add a back up camera to stock Navigation Sync unit

OEM cam spoiler vs OEM spoiler:
Attached Images
 
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
hitmeagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wilkes
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 61
In my opinion the reason every one gets the gt500 spoiler is because it looks the best. I looked at the different options for days before deciding on the gt500. It looks just right on the 10 to 14. I hated the stock spoiler.
hitmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
SYMBOLISM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Vacaville
Region: California
Posts: 124
Anyone wanna trade me a gt500 oem spoiler for my gt spoiler


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SYMBOLISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooolbreeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Roush is worth the drilling in my opinion. Life is to short to worry about the holes you just drilled in the quarter panels

Attachment 191384
From that angle that spoiler looks bad @$$. I like the mmd ducktail as well. It's all personal preference.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #99
Registered Member

Regular
 
olerodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Corvallis
Region: Oregon
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
Yeah, I agree on using all Ford parts. Will still be easy for a dealer
to sell off a lot in no time at all,or highly desirable for an individual.
I was once tempted to buy an 06 with a Body kit and 20" wheels.
But I came to my senses and bought a stock certifed 06.
I know this is an old thread and my post is 2 months old...just to let you know that I sold the Mustang to a private party and believe the car will be in Sweden soon. The dealer wanted to give me $25k and I got $27k which is about $500 more than I paid for it 1 year ago...less the $5k I spent on mods...with 10,450 miles on it.
Although I will still be driving my 03 I will soon be driving a DD with this "Duck Tail" spoiler....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc9a38373a77448e9b0ba0a910341c69.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	193702  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:49 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
thelastsumurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 371
I will be changing my '14 stock spoiler out soon, not because of the looks but the fact that they are not functional. My 11 has a 500 spoiler on it and you can see the functionality in the rain at 70mph very clearly. In addition I have always been a fan of function over form. Just sayin..
__________________
'16 Eco-Boost Premium, White, Performance Pkg, 6R80 (again), Pwr Ebony Lthr with Nether Region Cooling, Adaptive Cruise Control, Enhanced Security Pkg., Reverse Park Assist., Big Worm OTT Graphix.

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
SYMBOLISM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Vacaville
Region: California
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I know this is an old thread and my post is 2 months old...just to let you know that I sold the Mustang to a private party and believe the car will be in Sweden soon. The dealer wanted to give me $25k and I got $27k which is about $500 more than I paid for it 1 year ago...less the $5k I spent on mods...with 10,450 miles on it.

Although I will still be driving my 03 I will soon be driving a DD with this "Duck Tail" spoiler....

That is sick


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SYMBOLISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
SYMBOLISM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Vacaville
Region: California
Posts: 124
Has anyone seen the rtr aluminum spoiler for the 10-14. Looks like one of those drag spoilers but a ducktail style. I saw one in person. Looks sick. It looks like it was made for function. If only they had one for 05s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SYMBOLISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:23 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
SYMBOLISM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Vacaville
Region: California
Posts: 124
I'm seriously thinking of designing one and having someone make me one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SYMBOLISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:32 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
R.R.STANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 138
Stop thinking so much and get the GT500. Looks the best!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-15 16.30.37.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	903.8 KB
ID:	194898  
__________________
2013 Premium GT with Leather Recaros.
Performance mods: GT500 quadtip mufflers with resonator deletes.
Exterior Mods: Roush front, side and rear splitters. GT/CS rear wing. GT500 rear diffuser. GT500 Replica Wheels in gloss black 19 inch.
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:33 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
SYMBOLISM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Vacaville
Region: California
Posts: 124
Haha Yes it does. I'm waiting for the gt500 oem to come back in stock for the 05 @ American muscle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SYMBOLISM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted: GT500 Style Rear Spoiler, MMD Quarter Louvers Barraza43 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 2 10-21-2014 02:18 PM
Wing or no wing? Luna1994 Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 14 10-01-2013 12:32 AM
Elenor wing or gt500 wing Moto111 Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 10 06-12-2013 09:26 AM
wing or no wing that is the question sam minnick 1996-2004 Mustang GT 62 06-04-2013 09:11 AM
Roush rear wing or GT500 spoiler? WarMachine Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 5 12-11-2012 10:21 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.