2nd traction light fault - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2nd traction light fault

I was driving down the highway the other day and I looked down and my traction control seemed to turn itself off and I wasn't able to turn it on until I parked and turned the car off then back on. When I noticed it turned off I also saw a second traction light. Has anyone else ever seen this traction light as well? I'm curious on what the second one means. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1442865541.493561.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	191396
Sunnycalibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

The lights on from left to right are:

1. Tire Pressure Monitoring System or TPMS

2. Traction control off

3. AdvanceTrac system off.

Ive had these three lights come on when I was using a space saver spare and also when my alignment was severely out of spec because of a shady alignment shop. It caused the car to drive straight with the wheel cocked about 20* to the right. I think the fault came from the steering position sensor showing a bad reading that caused the system to shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
The lights on from left to right are:

1. Tire Pressure Monitoring System or TPMS

2. Traction control off

3. AdvanceTrac system off.

Ive had these three lights come on when I was using a space saver spare and also when my alignment was severely out of spec because of a shady alignment shop. It caused the car to drive straight with the wheel cocked about 20* to the right. I think the fault came from the steering position sensor showing a bad reading that caused the system to shut down.

Well I mean the tpms one is from my rims and I know the middle one is advancetrac off but I've never seen the one on the far right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2015, 01:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Both the middle and the one on the right are tied to the traction control/abs/AdvanceTrac. The far right will normally blink when traction control or AdvanceTrac kick on. The only time it will light up solid is when there is a system fault.

You may have a bad/dirty wheel sensor or a damaged wire.

SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
Both the middle and the one on the right are tied to the traction control/abs/AdvanceTrac. The far right will normally blink when traction control or AdvanceTrac kick on. The only time it will light up solid is when there is a system fault.

You may have a bad/dirty wheel sensor or a damaged wire.

Probably going to get some tpms sensors and hope it never happens again! Haha
Old 09-22-2015, 05:28 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I had my 2012 fault that way 1x with lights but no apparent problem it did not clear by trying to turn off TC but went away after restarting.

I also had it kick in 1x (and possible 2x) when it was not needed. Welcome to the world of computer controlled cars and the tech advice of "did you try turning it on and off?"
Old 09-23-2015, 01:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've been having a similar problem with my 08 GT. When I get in my car everyday all the dash warning lights stay off. Usually by the time I drive 50 miles (but not always) my Traction Control & my Brake warning lights come on & stay on. After the car sits all night I can start the car with no lights lit up & after 50 mi. they come on again. Not sure what's causing this but it's been going on for over a month & I can't find the problem.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT