First set of modification - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
First set of modification

Here is my first list of modification to 11 5.0 track pkge. It's my daily driver. Parts are getting to be installed this weekend. Need some advise on the outcome.

BMR lower control arms
BMR relocation brackets
Boss 302 brace tower bar
Maximum motors ports adjustable Panhard bar
Eibach pro kit lowering springs(1.0 front,1.5rear)
Gt500 strut mounts
Boss 302 front grille
Boss 302 lower front fascia with fog lights
Boss 302 front splitter, (not Laguna seca splitter)
Upgrade tires, 255 front, 275 rear

Is there anyone out there with somewhat similar setup?
What should I expect from these upgrades?

Zac

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Zac
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic, 6 Speeds, Brembo, Track Package, 3,73 Gear, GT500 Quad Axle Backs,
Zac11GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Not I but looking forward to hearing the results. I use mine as a summer DD and am considering similar lowering mods. Make sure you get pics up.

Sent from my XT1096 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brewcityf6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Pretty much everyone puts on lowering springs, lower control arms & adjustable panhard bar.

My lowering springs are supposed to be 1" front & 1.25" rear. The real drop was a little less than 1" in the front & a little more than 1.25" in the rear. So my difference was .5" like yours.

I wish I had gone with a 1" drop all around. I miss the slightly raked appearance of the stock stance. I like the rear a little higher.

Also, my mufflers bottom out on very uneven roads or going up/down steep driveways. The front drop is nearly perfect as the nose of the car rarely every scrapes.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Pretty much everyone puts on lowering springs, lower control arms & adjustable panhard bar.

My lowering springs are supposed to be 1" front & 1.25" rear. The real drop was a little less than 1" in the front & a little more than 1.25" in the rear. So my difference was .5" like yours.

I wish I had gone with a 1" drop all around. I miss the slightly raked appearance of the stock stance. I like the rear a little higher.

Also, my mufflers bottom out on very uneven roads or going up/down steep driveways. The front drop is nearly perfect as the nose of the car rarely every scrapes.

How is the ride quality on yours? I heard some owner complains about the stiffer rider after the suspension work.

And yes I will try to post pictures about the upgrades

Zac
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic, 6 Speeds, Brembo, Track Package, 3,73 Gear, GT500 Quad Axle Backs,
Old 09-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
My Steeda Sport springs feel very similar to stock... to me.
Except I get much less nose drive on braking & squat then go on hard acceleration.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You should expect a much more predictable car. Less nose dive, less "rebound" or bouncing/swaying in the rear when cornering and burn outs, less wheel hop, might consider an upper control arm if it isn't eliminated.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You'll need 05-10 struts to fit those GT500 mounts. That's not on the list.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:28 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post

Indeed
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Just drill em out! Lmao!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Just did some digging on forum. Yep I guess I will sell them.

Zac
Old 09-24-2015, 04:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Just drill em out! Lmao!
Now that's thinking outside the box!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac11GT View Post
Just did some digging on forum. Yep I guess I will sell them.
Why? They're much better than your stock ones which will fall apart on you the minute you take them out.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:16 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

[Why? They're much better than your stock ones which will fall apart on you the minute you take them out.[/QUOTE]

Im not ready to upgrade my struts and stocks at this moment. Car is my daily driver. From what I read, the gt500 mounts won't fit our 11-14 gt. Unless there are some diy modifications to make it work???

Zac
Old 09-24-2015, 06:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

And thanks for all the comments. This forum has been really helpful

Zac
Old 09-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
[Why? They're much better than your stock ones which will fall apart on you the minute you take them out.

Im not ready to upgrade my struts and stocks at this moment. Car is my daily driver. From what I read, the gt500 mounts won't fit our 11-14 gt. Unless there are some diy modifications to make it work???

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution[/QUOTE]

They are a direct fit as long as you get the correct strut as mentioned above.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:33 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just hang on to them. Eventually you'll want to upgrade struts/shocks and you'll have them.

BLKBETTY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:26 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm all for diy but I would not recommend trying to make them fit. The 5-10 parts are cheaper than 11-14 parts. In order to swap the mounts, the strut would come out anyway. Look around, you might find a set for a decent price. No mount in the rear so keep your current shocks, just swap the front struts.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm all for diy but I would not recommend trying to make them fit. The 5-10 parts are cheaper than 11-14 parts. In order to swap the mounts, the strut would come out anyway. Look around, you might find a set for a decent price. No mount in the rear so keep your current shocks, just swap the front struts.

I might as well get a set of 05-10 front struts. But a member here is actually selling a set of steedA strut mounts for 11-14. Haha

Zac
Old 09-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
But your factory struts are not designed to run a lower spring. Will it work?.....yes. Will it last?.....probably not.

BLKBETTY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
They didn't have the track pack in 2011.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ads245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads245 View Post
They didn't have the track pack in 2011.

TrakPak was available in 2011...I have a friend with an 8000 mile car and we lowered it last year. Is it exactly like my 14 TrakPak...no, but it is a 2011 TrakPak.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBETTY13 View Post
But your factory struts are not designed to run a lower spring. Will it work?.....yes. Will it last?.....probably not.

I've been driving my 14 TrakPak with Sportline springs for over 6000 miles with no problems on the OE struts/shocks...will I replace them...yes...although the travel is less I doubt they would ever fail under normal driving conditions.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You are incorrect. The only option available in 2011 was the Brembo Brake Package which consisted of the upgraded brakes, wheels and suspension. Many choose to call this the track pack and are mistaken. The track pack for the 5.0 v8 first became available in 2013 - 2014. The track pack consists of everything included in the brembo brake package as well as the Boss 302 radiator, torsen differential, finned differential cover and an oil cooler.

Now many people think they have a track pack car because others spread incorrect information.

ads245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

If you installing the Boss 302 splitter you will also need the Boss 302 deflector that goes behind it........the stock OE deflector doesn't work with the Boss 302 splitter.
Or you can leave the deflector off, but then your splitter will flap in the wind and break. Ask me how I know.................get the deflector!
Also, you are putting LCA's on the car, what about the UCA????? Not sure how many miles your Mustang has on it...mine only had 7500 miles when I replace the UCA and carrier bushing....both the UCA OE rubber bushing along with carrier bushing had cracks and the carrier bushing was starting to come apart...rubber bushings don't stand up to twisting....I would replace both and if you don't want to go with poly bushings on the UCA and carrier....get the GT500 carrier bushing which is a better and heavy duty rubber...IMHO

LOWER SHIELD for 2013 Ford Mustang|BR3Z-17626-A
Old 09-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads245 View Post
You are incorrect. The only option available in 2011 was the Brembo Brake Package which consisted of the upgraded brakes, wheels and suspension. Many choose to call this the track pack and are mistaken. The track pack for the 5.0 v8 first became available in 2013 - 2014. The track pack consists of everything included in the brembo brake package as well as the Boss 302 radiator, torsen differential, finned differential cover and an oil cooler.

Now many people think they have a track pack car because others spread incorrect information.

I'll have to get a picture of his window sticker...it states the Mustang has Brembo brake package, TrakPak which consists of special valved struts/shocks and springs along with 3:73 gears. He has no finned rearend cover as these were only available on the Boss and 13/14 TrakPak, does have the Recaro seats and doesn't have the Boss 302 radiator/support or oil cooler.
I believe there were only 200/300 designated TrakPak's built in 2011 although I'm not sure of the exact numbers.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
If you installing the Boss 302 splitter you will also need the Boss 302 deflector that goes behind it........the stock OE deflector doesn't work with the Boss 302 splitter.
Or you can leave the deflector off, but then your splitter will flap in the wind and break. Ask me how I know.................get the deflector!
Also, you are putting LCA's on the car, what about the UCA????? Not sure how many miles your Mustang has on it...mine only had 7500 miles when I replace the UCA and carrier bushing....both the UCA OE rubber bushing along with carrier bushing had cracks and the carrier bushing was starting to come apart...rubber bushings don't stand up to twisting....I would replace both and if you don't want to go with poly bushings on the UCA and carrier....get the GT500 carrier bushing which is a better and heavy duty rubber...IMHO

LOWER SHIELD for 2013 Ford Mustang|BR3Z-17626-A

I am thinking about the UCA. Already have the poly bushings as spares. im going to need more info on that Boss 302 deflector.

Zac
Old 09-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Here is the deflector which is totally different than the OE on the GT...

LOWER SHIELD | Genuine Ford | BR3Z-17626-A

Here are the Ford instructions for installing the Boss 302 Splitter and deflector. Since you will not be installing the Laguna Seca portion you don't have to pull the front bumper off or replace the lower grill.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...50494-manu.pdf

You will also need some fasteners..........it only took me an hour to put mine on but I also have a two post lift.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Here is the deflector which is totally different than the OE on the GT...

LOWER SHIELD | Genuine Ford | BR3Z-17626-A

Here are the Ford instructions for installing the Boss 302 Splitter and deflector. Since you will not be installing the Laguna Seca portion you don't have to pull the front bumper off or replace the lower grill.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...50494-manu.pdf

You will also need some fasteners..........it only took me an hour to put mine on but I also have a two post lift.

Very useful info here for my dyi! And here is the picture of my window sticker. I believe it has track packageClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1443134892.211633.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	191475

Zac
Old 09-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Here is a picture of mine while on the lift....maybe you can see the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-27 11.15.40.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	191476  
Old 09-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Very useful info here for my dyi! And here is the picture of my window sticker. I believe it has track packageAttachment 191475

My friends cost sheet actually had a separate line item and said Track Performance Package or Track Package for $2,600 or $2,700 dollars. I know he doesn't have the Boss 302 radiator or core support or oil cooler.
It is funny that when we took his struts/shocks out the Ford stamped number showed discontinued at the Ford dealer......and showed a replacement which is the same number as my TrakPak struts/shocks. Ford has been doing weird stuff in the assembly line for as long as I can remember.
I believe yours just has the Brembo brake package which included the wheels and tires.......same as my 14 TrakPak came with.
It's also kind of funny because on his car the rearend doesn't have the aluminum cover and his axle tubes are rusty.......and he never drives it in the rain...too many other cars to drive in wet weather.........anyway all of the Boss 302 Mustangs had the complete rearend painted black.......my TrakPak also has the same rearend as a Boss and it's painted black and mine has no rust...go figure.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I might as well get a set of 05-10 front struts. But a member here is actually selling a set of steedA strut mounts for 11-14. Haha

That's what I went with, Steeda strut mounts. Fwiw, 24000 miles on my oem struts/shocks, don't even remember exactly...22,000 with lowering springs. Waiting for them to get squishy. Only dropped 1" in front, 1 1/2" rear. Way I see it, the shocks n struts just think I'm hauling extra weight in the car. Have a 200lb friend climb in the trunk w oem shocks/springs. See how much drop u get. I'm not auto crossing, just dd.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:50 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I went with, Steeda strut mounts. Fwiw, 24000 miles on my oem struts/shocks, don't even remember exactly...22,000 with lowering springs. Waiting for them to get squishy. Only dropped 1" in front, 1 1/2" rear. Way I see it, the shocks n struts just think I'm hauling extra weight in the car. Have a 200lb friend climb in the trunk w oem shocks/springs. See how much drop u get. I'm not auto crossing, just dd.

My 11 has about 35k. Suspension is still pretty good. So I will probably keep it for now and run all my mods. It's the same drop. 1 in front and 1.5 in rear

Zac
Old 09-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Grille is primed, but not perfect. Let's hope it's a nice day tomorrow to finish it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1443318628.043221.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	191568

Zac
Old 10-11-2015, 07:06 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444608182.276886.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	192193Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1444608202.776633.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	192194

Front grille and splitter are on. What do you guys think? Copycat of the boss?

Zac
Old 10-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great! I personally like the grill surround and lower fascia body color, leave the splitter and grill insert black but that's just me. Nice job!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Does effect any aerodynamic? Car feels like it needed more effort

Zac

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT