Newbie at suspension parts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Newbie at suspension parts

I'm new to suspension upgrades on my 12' stang Other than eibach sportline lowering springs a bmr Panhard bar. I want to get lower control arms and relocation brackets and upper control arms as well. I think I'll go with bmr they seem to have good reviews. Are the adjustable lca and uca better than the non adjustable? How do you adjust them? And what exactly are you adjusting? Also I was thinking of buying them from American muscle. Is there a better vendor out there? Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
hdez41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Also is there anything else that I would need to buy for the uca and lca to fit and function perfectly?

Old 09-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
It all depends on your end goal for the car. There are hundreds of threads about this on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just get the non adjustable LCA and adjustable UCA with their brackets, take it to alignment shop to get pinion angle with in spec. Don't forget shocks and struts - I'd suggest koni yellows (05-10 year) with gt500 mounts or camber plates if money aint an issue. If I'm not wrong, BMR was selling koni yellows with their springs for $870 or something, cheapest price around! Although it might be cheaper to get a decent set of coilovers for the price of koni yellows + springs + camber plates. Hypermotive has BC racing coilovers for 900 bucks. Ring em up on Facebook

You can also do sway bars if you want. But keep them for the end once youre done all your mods.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Non adjustable LCAs with brackets. Adjustable UCA with bracket. I decided on BMR after doing 6 months of research and reading. I am not disappointed with them at all.

I'm also a fan of caster/camber plates with the 11-14 shocks and springs. No need for a gt500 mount with the J&M plate set.

Don't forget tires, you'll see more of a handing improvement with good rubber than with most of the other parts.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry I forgot to mention I have the j&m caster camber plates. The shocks and struts are more for comfort right? I don't mind the way my mustang feels as of now so I'll hold off on those for now.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
Non adjustable LCAs with brackets. Adjustable UCA with bracket. I decided on BMR after doing 6 months of research and reading. I am not disappointed with them at all.

I'm also a fan of caster/camber plates with the 11-14 shocks and springs. No need for a gt500 mount with the J&M plate set.

Don't forget tires, you'll see more of a handing improvement with good rubber than with most of the other parts.
Where did you purchase yours from?

Old 09-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
newbie suspension

Hi, I think you want to lower your ride? No pun here, but how low can you go, or how low would you like to go? Have you like look at other mustangs your year, What do you like? You say you don't want to change the ride comfort,if I read that right? I have 11-14 extra struts,coil over shocks take offs 500 GT. They lower your mustang and provide a decent firm ride. Excellent cornering ,take a 500 Gt for a ride from a friend, or a dealer than you would get a better feel. albigb@gmail. I did not read or I missed it what your budget is. You can spend a great deal, that really you won't be getting that much better than the 500 Gt has. unless you plan to race your car!
goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
It's GT500, not 500 GT
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Hi, I think you want to lower your ride? No pun here, but how low can you go, or how low would you like to go? Have you like look at other mustangs your year, What do you like? You say you don't want to change the ride comfort,if I read that right? I have 11-14 extra struts,coil over shocks take offs 500 GT. They lower your mustang and provide a decent firm ride. Excellent cornering ,take a 500 Gt for a ride from a friend, or a dealer than you would get a better feel. albigb@gmail. I did not read or I missed it what your budget is. You can spend a great deal, that really you won't be getting that much better than the 500 Gt has. unless you plan to race your car!

Umm do what now? Where's a Mod when you need one 😁

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

I have no idea what is going on here.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ummm what

Old 09-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
MODERATOR!
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Lol WTF?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
?
Old 09-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
He must be from another country guys

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axle back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
Umm do what now? Where's a Mod when you need one 😁

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I have no idea what is going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdez41 View Post
Ummm what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
He must be from another country guys
Looks like he has GT 500 take off parts he is trying to sell from a 2011 to 2014 series mustang.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCon View Post
Looks like he has GT 500 take off parts he is trying to sell from a 2011 to 2014 series mustang.

Sounds like he's a vendor trying to sell parts the wrong way.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

What I would ask before I recommend anything to our customers is what are your goals? What are you wanting to achieve and what is your budget?

As someone mentioned in here we do a lot of BC coilovers, Koni and a few other brands.

Jay
Hypermotive

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT