Steeds vs BMR sways and springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Steeds vs BMR sways and springs

So I've read what I can find. Looks like both are high quality.

Springs: Steeda has an impressive 2 stage progressive spring (many progressives are variable progressive leading to unpredictability under typical road handling conditions). BMR is linear, lower than PP with similar / slightly firmer spring rates to the PP springs. BMR offers more impressive technical detail about manufacturing process and guarantees no sag for life.

Sways: Steeda has a manufacturing process to help prevent failure at ends of sways. BMR includes billet mounts and poly bushings with grease fittings, but their ends appear to be less stout than Steedas. Both are 3 way adjustable (via mounting holes).

I am not an engineer so a lot of the technical detail on manufacturing and steel quality is nebulous to me.

This is for a daily driver. Looking for comfort + predictable performance. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Coyote6,

We have both progressive & linear springs here - 2015-2016 Mustang Lowering Springs | Steeda Autosports | Free Shipping!

Also, you can read this article here regarding our set-up in Mustang 360 ...
Quote:
We killed enough speed to cut in towards the apex, and the Steeda G-Trac suspension kept the Mustang flat and controlled. The front is modified from stock with a Steeda adjustable front sway bar with billet endlinks, progressive-rate sport springs, upper strut mount, Extreme G-Trac brace, and Steeda strut tower brace.
You can check out the reviews on our sway bar here - Steeda Mustang Front Sway Bar (2015-2016) | Free Shipping!

We have had tremendous success on & off the track with our suspension components. Steeda manufactured part, they are purchasing performance parts that have been designed, engineered, and manufactured under strict certification standards – ISO 9001:2008.

Our commitment is to make the highest quality parts & ensuring you, the customer, won't have any issues when our parts are installed on your vehicle - keeping your investment safe!

With that being said ... p.m. sent!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

While I cant comment on the BMR products, I did purchase the steeda adjustable front and rear sways, and I will say I was very impressed with the quality and stoutness of them, the bars, hardware and endlinks are extremely well made and finished. Easily the best quality aftermarket parts I have on the car. Performance is great too, noticed a significant improvement in handling. Some say they are over engineered and built, but when you have a 3400lb car going around a corner at full tilt, its good peace of mind. Hope this helps
Rob
rwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
While I cant comment on the BMR products, I did purchase the steeda adjustable front and rear sways, and I will say I was very impressed with the quality and stoutness of them, the bars, hardware and endlinks are extremely well made and finished. Easily the best quality aftermarket parts I have on the car. Performance is great too, noticed a significant improvement in handling. Some say they are over engineered and built, but when you have a 3400lb car going around a corner at full tilt, its good peace of mind. Hope this helps
Rob
We appreciate the support & feedback, Rob ... much appreciated.

We design, engineer & manufacture our parts right here in the U.S.A ... the ability to keep quality control in our hands results in what you described above -- high quality parts under ISO 9001:2008 standards!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by COYOTE6 View Post
So I've read what I can find. Looks like both are high quality.

Springs: Steeda has an impressive 2 stage progressive spring (many progressives are variable progressive leading to unpredictability under typical road handling conditions). BMR is linear, lower than PP with similar / slightly firmer spring rates to the PP springs. BMR offers more impressive technical detail about manufacturing process and guarantees no sag for life.

Sways: Steeda has a manufacturing process to help prevent failure at ends of sways. BMR includes billet mounts and poly bushings with grease fittings, but their ends appear to be less stout than Steedas. Both are 3 way adjustable (via mounting holes).

I am not an engineer so a lot of the technical detail on manufacturing and steel quality is nebulous to me.

This is for a daily driver. Looking for comfort + predictable performance. Any thoughts?

I have road raced on a somewhat regular basis on progressive springs, ^^ that is not something you will need to worry about.

Honestly, i am partial to BMR parts because i run their LCAs / PHB and LCA brackets. I do not however, have their sway bars. Realistically though, looking at both kits, especially if you're just street driving, i imagine you will be very hard pressed to tell the difference.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Great! Thanks!

COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT