Mustang Evolution Forum banner

TCopp Build Thread

6K views 89 replies 19 participants last post by  TCopp 
#1 ·
I have finally decided to make one of these, even though I have already done several mods and have had the car for two and a half years.

A little history, I drove a manual 2000 V6 Race Red convertible (white top and white leather interior) from the time I was 15 years old to 25 years old. Zero accidents, one ticket. Loved that car, but of course, I wanted a GT for the longest time. Bought my GT in March of 2013 new with a little over 150 miles. MSRP was a little over $39k, I got it for around $31000.

2013 Mustang GT Premium M6 in Ingot Silver

Options:
California Special
3.73 axle
Comfort Package
Shaker Pro System

I will update this thread periodically with mods (pics included) that I have done over the past couple of years.

Thanks for reading!

Window sticker:

Attachments

See less See more
#35 ·
Next mod was some brighter fogs. I can't for the life of me remember where I purchased these, or how much they were.

Here's the stock fogs:

Comparison of the two bulbs:

New bulbs. Ignore the light on top of the pic, it wasn't on in the first one. Overall, it increased the brightness a tad, plus they are less yellow.

#36 ·
Next mod was some brighter fogs. I can't for the life of me remember where I purchased these, or how much they were.

Here's the stock fogs:

Comparison of the two bulbs:

New bulbs. Ignore the light on top of the pic, it wasn't on in the first one. Overall, it increased the brightness a tad, plus they are less yellow.

I need to do this...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#37 ·
Next two mods, shifter and boot retainer. Some guy on here was selling pool ball shift knobs on here a couple years ago and I nabbed his only Jack Daniel's shift knob. IMO these are so much better than the stock crap. I also scoured eBay and found this sweet boot retainer for around $15. I've never seen anyone else have one.

#39 ·
Next mod I got was the GT/CS dead pedal. I purchased this from AM when they had it on sale/clearance. Cheap and aesthetically pleasing.

Please don't mind the filthy pedals and floor mat. It was the middle of winter and it had snowed recently. They have been cleaned since.

#41 ·
Next mod, Roush rear side splitters. I bought these off eBay for $20 off regular price. The install instructions were different than the Roush site, and a few months later they seemed to discolor into a greyish hue. Makes me believe the guy was selling off brand splitters.

I eventually platidipped them, they look like new now.

#42 ·
Allright, bigger update. Next I waited and ordered the X4 tuner when it came out and decided to go with a Steeda tune. It took Steeda about five emails and two phone calls to send over the correct tune. I have no idea why, it's not like I have a bunch done to my car. Their tune is very mild, I am currently about to switch to a different, local tuner.

I ordered hi flow exhaust pipes (3") from JEGS. This replaces the pipes from the cats to the axelbacks. I didn't get the stainless steel ones, so we will see how they do. So far after two winters they are fine. I also ordered a pair of slightly used cat deletes off Facebook, and a used 95mm Steeda CAI for $180.

I know the pipes aren't lined up correctly.

Ready for the weekend projects.

All done, rear shot.

H pipe.

Cat deletes.

Another view.

Now, I know CAI's don't do anything for our cars, which is why I found a used one for cheap. This one required a tune due to it being larger than stock. I had to reoil the air filter blue. Currently it needs to be reoiled again, it doesn't stay blue for long. Simple install.

Tune!

The exhaust install was very tedious. I was by myself and of course it was done on stands. I ended up having to cut the OTA pipes to get them out. The bolt to the cat/header that you have to reach from the top of the engine was a pain. Otherwise everything else went pretty smooth. I eventually got more exhaust clamps because of leaks. Due to the pipes being larger than stock, they would hit the rear axle on large bumps and dips. I took the car to a shop and they fixed that for $75.

Here is a video of the exhaust. Please excuse the hesitation during the revving, it was before Steeda had sent the correct tune.
https://youtu.be/_B5jgBbWMKY

#47 ·
Same

#52 ·
Lol. Looking great my brother. Just awesome!

#53 ·
And it sounds fantastic!

#54 ·
Aaaand we're back.
Next mod was a CDC upper grille. I scored this on eBay for $80 shipped. Grilled was used, but you couldn't tell at all.

This was the first time I had taken my bumper cover off, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Rear of the stock GT/CS grille. Getting this off was relatively easy. I had to cut that middle plastic piece out. No big deal.

GT/CS grille is off.

Finished product. I did not spray my radiator black. I like the contrast of the black/silver on the car, so I kept the radiator silver.

While I was doing this I decided to spray my strut tower brace. Used primer and black spray paint. Came out OK, the edging on the inside isn't the best.

Bad pic due to editing (can barely see the grille), but here is another final product shot.

#55 ·
Next was the carbon fiber dash inlay set from AM. Received this as a gift. The GT/CS package comes with some trim pieces on the inside in a carbon fiber design, I just wanted to wrap the rest of it up.

All the pieces it comes with. I was able to sell the automatic and nav pieces for $40.

Airbag pieces came stock carbon fiber, so you can see the differences here.

Radio.

Not pictured are the pieces that go on the steering wheel, around the door locks, around the side mirror adjuster, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else.

Now for the center console area. Due to this being a different material, the vinyl does not stick well to it. Took me a bit longer than the other pieces. Then this happened.

You cannot leave your car out in the sun. I have 20% tint on all my windows except the windshield of course, and this still happened. So, either get a sunshade for the windshield, or leave these pieces off. I got free replacement pieces from AM, but the same thing happened several months later. I just decided to leave it stock.

#66 ·
Ok, so the next change was the shift knob. If you don't remember, I had a Jack Daniels pool ball knob before.

Here is the story on why I don't have that one anymore. It was winter when this happened, so it was freezing out. I missed a shift, and of course it made that grindy noise. Well, due to the pool ball being so cold, plus the severe vibrations running through the shifter, it split the pool ball in half. I had to drive home with just the threaded portion of my shifter. I put my stock one back on, and then ordered this one to match the rest of my dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.