Supercharger Gauges - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Supercharger Gauges

Hey All,

Having a paxton kit installed later next week. Was curious what were some opinions on gauges...I know the big three are typically boost, oil/fuel pressure, and a wideband. But im under the impression that the car (2014 premium) has a wideband already that you can access via the dash screen. So in that case, wouldn't just the boost and oil pressure be sufficient? And brand? I was thinking autometer (cobalt). Would appreciate any comments with people speaking from experience.
christianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

tagging so I can learn too. Vortech for me but same basic thing
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Same here ^ lol. Sub'd.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Subd
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Subbed 😝

2013 Mustang GT Auto [Ruby!] Pypes Super Catback system, RTR Shocks/Struts, SR Lowering Springs, SVE Series 3 rims, GT/CS spoiler, RTR chin spoiler, JBA H pipe, Eibach LCA, SR panhard bar...Vortech JT Trim coming soon
KP_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Prosport gauges are really nice
Old 10-20-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Most do at minimum a boost gauge. If you already have the track apps and can see your AFR then don't worry about it.

Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Lol seems like im not the only one trying to figure it all out. Asked around to some guys with the kits and they claim the big two are boost and oil pressure, basically the two that are most likely to leak with bad connections/kinks. It's nice these cars actually have two widebands on them apparently.

Ordered autometer cobalts with a double pillar pod from American Muscle. Think that mounting style is more in your face and easier to read. It seems like every picture i look at with the pillar pod style is at an awkward angle...never where your eyes would be sitting. So i'll post some better pictures when it's all done
Old 10-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianh View Post
Lol seems like im not the only one trying to figure it all out. Asked around to some guys with the kits and they claim the big two are boost and oil pressure, basically the two that are most likely to leak with bad connections/kinks. It's nice these cars actually have two widebands on them apparently.

Ordered autometer cobalts with a double pillar pod from American Muscle. Think that mounting style is more in your face and easier to read. It seems like every picture i look at with the pillar pod style is at an awkward angle...never where your eyes would be sitting. So i'll post some better pictures when it's all done

I'm thinking of going with the dash triple pod with an A/F, boost, and oil pressure. I don't have the track apps.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking at just a boost gauge for now. I have the track apps so hopefully I'll be ok. Vortech JT trim 😎

2013 Mustang GT Auto [Ruby!] Pypes Super Catback system, RTR Shocks/Struts, SR Lowering Springs, SVE Series 3 rims, GT/CS spoiler, RTR chin spoiler, JBA H pipe, Eibach LCA, SR panhard bar...Vortech JT Trim coming soon
Old 10-20-2015, 06:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
I'm thinking of going with the dash triple pod with an A/F, boost, and oil pressure. I don't have the track apps.

I like the dash mount better to be honest. I'm just not keen about drilling holes in the dash, but that's more of a personal thing I guess
Old 10-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP_510 View Post
I'm looking at just a boost gauge for now. I have the track apps so hopefully I'll be ok. Vortech JT trim 😎

Good call. What's supercharger are you gonna run?
Old 10-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like the dash mount better to be honest. I'm just not keen about drilling holes in the dash, but that's more of a personal thing I guess

Pillar gauges to me is more of an import thing. I think the triple pod that AM makes is a much classier look and my eyes for some reason tend to go there and not to the A pillar often. I'll be getting the "beefcake special" from beefcake racing early spring.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Pillar gauges to me is more of an import thing. I think the triple pod that AM makes is a much classier look and my eyes for some reason tend to go there and not to the A pillar often. I'll be getting the "beefcake special" from beefcake racing early spring.

Nice, got mine from him too. Went with paxton because of the bigger head unit
Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Supercharger Gauges

Quote:
Good call. What's supercharger are you gonna run?

I went with the Vortech with the bigger head unit. Basically the beefcake special with a few tweaks.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I like and use the roush boost gauge

Sent from my SM-N920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thought I would update everyone who was interested in this...so the cobalt Boost and oil pressure gauges are great. I got a pillar pod from speedofsoundllc.com. Their pillar is an OEM part from Ford that they attach their pods to. This way there's no cutting the original trim and it just pops right in. Looks factory. The cars built in wideband does the job perfectly, so no need for that gauge IMO. For a tuning device, I went with the nGauge from Jon Lund tuning. Initially, I wasn't impressed with their customer service. You can't call them, strictly email. However, once I was in an email chain with them, they were pretty responsive. The nGauge itself is a domination. Very cool tuner, lots of nice options. Also, for those looking to go with one of these centrifugal blower kits... holy ****. Do it, this car is straight insane now.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thought I would update everyone who was interested in this...so the cobalt Boost and oil pressure gauges are great. I got a pillar pod from speedofsoundllc.com. Their pillar is an OEM part from Ford that they attach their pods to. This way there's no cutting the original trim and it just pops right in. Looks factory. The cars built in wideband does the job perfectly, so no need for that gauge IMO. For a tuning device, I went with the nGauge from Jon Lund tuning. Initially, I wasn't impressed with their customer service. You can't call them, strictly email. However, once I was in an email chain with them, they were pretty responsive. The nGauge itself is a domination. Very cool tuner, lots of nice options. Also, for those looking to go with one of these centrifugal blower kits... holy ****. Do it, this car is straight insane now.
Thanks for update... as well as reason to be more jealous and impatient for mine! lol
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

😩😩😩 really hope I can drop mine off this Friday

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT