Sport Shift Mode - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sport Shift Mode

Anyone with the Auto trans 5.0 use the sport shift mode
or the manual shift button, how often and why?
I find myself accidently droping into SS all the time when just trying
to go into drive.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Use it whenever you want. Won't be an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I use it occasionally, I have a v6 but it should be the same concept. Don't really use the manual part of it, usually throw it into sport when I hit the on ramp to the freeway. Also makes my exhaust drone less when on the freeway since it locks out 6th gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	87
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	193069  
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015, 02:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
I use it occasionally, I have a v6 but it should be the same concept. Don't really use the manual part of it, usually throw it into sport when I hit the on ramp to the freeway. Also makes my exhaust drone less when on the freeway since it locks out 6th gear.
Oh cool, I didnt realize it would lock out 6th gear.
And I can use it more for engine braking when needed.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I use it most of the time when driving as my mustang isn't my daily driver. When I'm in it, I want it to be more responsive & sporty, and the Select Shift / Sport mode whatever its called is noticeably better. I also do have the FRPP tune so I think its even more responsive.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I used to use Sport mode whenever I wanted the car to be more responsive and quicker back when it was stock. Even though it locks out 6th, you can still shift to 6th yourself, car just won't do it on it's own. I stopped using Sport mode once I got a tune as Steeda told me their tune only applies to "Drive" setting. The tune itself makes the car respond, accelerate, and shift much better than stock, even compared to sport mode so I haven't used it since. From what I've heard in other forums, tune parameters are kept, except shift points when you switch to Sport mode.

Hey c_rizzle, If you notice sport mode outperforming your tune in "drive", you might want to contact FRPP and have them make some adjustments to your shift points to match Sport more closely, if that's what you always like to use. When I asked Steeda about my tune in Drive vs Sport, they told me it only affects Drive and I'd never have to use sport again as their tune should improve everything. I tested it a few times using Drive vs Sport and pulls just as hard using my butt-dyno, but it drives/shifts more to my liking. Oh, and nice 'stang btw. I wanted my convertible in that color, but all they had was black at all the dealerships and I thought, "That looks sweet. I'm sure having a black car isn't as bad as people say for cleaning". How it pains me to clean it, polish and wax it one day only to then see a fine layer of dirt/pollen the very next day.

Now I'm curious...anyone else with a tune notice a positive difference using Sport vs regular Drive?
VeryVeryEvilGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I dont think you will be in trouble by using it too often. It is desgiend to be used anytime you want.
weiyuhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT