Sprintbooster is awesome - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
No it does not. Adaptive is still alive and well....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I don't think the sprint booster is subject to the adaptive learning. I could be wrong. I guess it depends on where the input from the petal goes. Does it go through the ECU or does the ECU monitor the throttle position through a different path? I have no idea.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 07:48 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Adaptive tweaks the ecm parameters, auto shifting, throttle response, engine torque, etc. depending on how you drive. SB would just do what it does in addition to that. My point is adaptive is unaffected by the presence of the device.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
If all it does is open the throttle a little wider than normal at any given pedal position for $300... why not just push the pedal further for free?
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:15 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not comfortable flooring the accelerator all the time to get power out of the car that is equivalent to a Honda Odyssey driving normally.

This thing drives more like a car with an accelerator cable instead of drive by wire. The throttle response is real, not an illusion.

I'm keeping it. I'll leave the controller on so I can return it to normal when my wife drives the car.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I wonder how the original op is doing with this. I've only had it for a month.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:24 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully he's not a causality of an accelerator problem
Old 04-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I think most of you are a bit off on how this thing works.
It does not change the commanded throttle angle. All it does is change the signal from your pedal. So if you push the pedal 10%, the car thinks you're at 20%, or however its set. It will not affect timing or any other tune parameters.

You could get the same exact results just by pushing the pedal farther.
Or you could adjust throttle sensitivity in a tune and actually gain power too for about $100 more. There is no reason to have both a tune and this device, because the same effect can be given through the tune if you just ask your tuner for an aggressive pedal map.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:00 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
If all it does is open the throttle a little wider than normal at any given pedal position for $300... why not just push the pedal further for free?

Because f**k logic.
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I installed the JMS Pedalmax (same idea I believe) on my Boss and it was too sensitive, even on the lower 60% setting. I removed it & will sell. As it turns out, my stock throttle is fine.
SVOGT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOGT302 View Post
I installed the JMS Pedalmax (same idea I believe) on my Boss and it was too sensitive, even on the lower 60% setting. I removed it & will sell. As it turns out, my stock throttle is fine.
1. Its a different product. Not really relevant.

2. I'm pretty sure the Boss's stock throttle response is probably already sportier. Definitely so if you have the red (track) key inserted.

I drove a 2013 Boss 302 and it felt a lot different than my 2014 GT (Auto). Granted there are 2 very different things in play here too though. Auto vs. Manual and different gear ratios.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
1. Its a different product. Not really relevant.
Thanks,
I've read the Sprintbooster, PedalBox & PedalMax essentially operated in the same principle..... What are the differences?
SVOGT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOGT302 View Post
Thanks,
I've read the Sprintbooster, PedalBox & PedalMax essentially operated in the same principle..... What are the differences?
Operating on the same principle and how they implement are a big difference.

Yes, they basically amplify the power.

But how they do it, linearly, how much, amount at difference levels, etc.. can vary greatly.

That's like saying tunes operate on the same principle of flashing your ECU. And while many are similar in the amount of raw max power they make, they can vary greatly in how they deliver the power, especially for automatics.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
You could get the same exact results just by pushing the pedal farther.
Actually, you can't.

So I received one of those marketing emails from AmericanMuscle and they were shoving the SprintBooster in my face... so, I did a little digging.

First I poked around forums.... for all types of cars and discovered pretty much the same argument:

Those that bought it claimed a massive improvement in throttle response, and much quicker revving which helped matching RPMs when downshifting.

Those who didn't have one claimed all it was doing is tricking the computer into thinking the pedal was pushed down more and they could get the same affect by pushing the pedal down farther and faster.

https://youtu.be/MyJtac6d05U?t=43

https://youtu.be/K2312qlhdr8?t=44

However, if you watch the two videos above, you'll see how it works and just how much "lag" there is builtin from the factory.

No matter how fast and how far you press the accelerator, the throttle body is going to open at a predefined rate.

Does this increase power? No, not a dyno obviously. However, I could see how this could definitely affecting acceleration positively in those scenarios where you put the accelerator to the floor.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I cut a big hole in my floor, now i can push the pedal further so i can go faster :laugh:

Anyway, going to call a hypothetical bs on the demonstration videos. Hypothetical because I'm not buying one to test. So i may be wrong here and I'm typing as I'm thinking.

Their demo doesn't show any lag built in to a factory system. It show a bunch of leds attached to a switch (pedal) that move at different speeds depending on another switches setting. It's not a factory system from any car. From a 7th grade science standpoint, its a fail. To have a valid test you need to see what's happening with an actual car. It could be just as accurate showing that at full throttle it makes a delicious milkshake. It's a car show (sema?) Having a demo car would be simple.

2nd, what controls throttle speed in a drive by by wire car? The throttle? Nope. It sends a signal to the ecu, ecu takes care of the rest. So boosting that signal can't override what the ecu does. We're back to the faster/farther argument unless you do a little programming.

3rd. Does anyone besides me remember driving a carbd car? Specifically actually racing? If so, what generally happens if you just punch it? That is slam the throttle as fast as it will move, no throttle control.

The engine bogs, then takes off. The mix is completely screwed and so is your time across the lights. Vs controlled and smooth throttle she'd you just go.

My assumption with any timed opening of the throttle body would be it keeps the mix closer to optimal throughout the range, which should make the engine more fuel efficient but also let it produce more power. I'm sure that can be fudged a bit but overall id assume it to be a good thing.

Just some thoughts, but i keep coming back to the booster just saying further/faster and doing nothing else.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT