What is Ford's answer to the 2016 Camaro? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
How about Ford just keep on doing what they have been doing which has sold millions of Mustangs uninterrupted for over 50 years. And remember who didn't need a government bailout?
Yep, obviously Ford is doing something right!!

They have my money.... I have a 2015 F150 and a 2014 Mustang in my driveway.
Technically, the mustang is in the garage with my wife's Denali.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Imo Ford had the opportunity to make a Camaro killer with the new platform, and missed the mark. If I'm an unbiased consumer I'm going with a new Camaro. Sorry ford, you missed your opportunity this time out.
Every car comparison has the Craparo on top. And while visibility is still an issue with the 16 Chevy, the interior and exterior are spot on and performance and handling out performs the stang , and they didn't **** on the V6 like Ford has!
As a long, long time ford fan it pains me to say this....
As the new stang is an improvement over the 14s its behind the Camaro.
Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangnat1on View Post
Nomatter what chevy does with the camaro it will never beat the mustang in popularity. Which one do we see the most in movies?
****ing bumble bee...... Mic drop.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2015, 10:46 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I've always been a mustang guy ever since my 89 Gt always liked the mustang look more than Camaro even after 26 years. I've never driven a Camaro and I could care less if I ever do. To me it's not about who puts out more power(although I'm speed junkie)The Camaro could have 200 more horse and that would not make me wanna buy one over the mustang. I guess I just have some history with the mustang that has made me so loyal.There's Camaro owners that think the same way as I do about mustangs. Fortunately for all of us there's ppl that lean toward who has more power better performance overall .If it wasn't for u these car company's wouldn't compete as hard as they do to put out these engineering masterpieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Most people are brand loyal.

They become friends with the other Mustang / Ford guys... know all about the engines, etc...

IF you switch "boats" and become a Camaro / Chevy guy (or vise versa).... there's a learning curve about the engines (pushrod vs tiVC), bodies, suspension, etc...

And your common interest friend group no longer share a common interest.

I've switched boats a few times, and I MIGHT switch again next round.

Porsche -> Ford -> next might be Chevy.... but for a Vette not an ugly Camaro!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #41
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
it's a good time to be a car person.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #42
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post

Ditto
Old 11-04-2015, 12:19 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Even the way that the "old" muscle cars are romanticized...........who would have thought that today's performance cars would do 0 to 60 in the mid 4's, brake from 60 to 0 the way they do, corner near 1G......and still get 25-27 mpg on the freeway?
Indeed, this is a GREAT time to be a car person.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #44
Staff

Regular
Staff

new kid at work was just showing me his late 60's? Ford Galaxy 500 with the 390.

he mentioned 7 mpg and it had to be premium.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
These are the good old days, in case nobody noticed.

I've had 'em all but, suffices to say, I've had 5 Mustangs and 2 F-GMs, which tells you which one met my needs more often. I've had a whack of other stuff, including Mopar, Japanese and European cars as well, in the 30+ years of playing around here....

Man, I fell out of love with dead 2012 and into it hard with my 2014...so fast i almost felt guilty.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

It's called being a car enthusiast vs a ford nutswinger

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
It's called being a car enthusiast vs a ford nutswinger

and fed coyote.

I'm kind of both.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I agree, it's a great time to be a car enthusiast. I have owned over 40 cars in the past 15 years and I love switching them up. I'm not brand loyal. I purchase what catches my eye at the moment. Heck, I once went from a Mazdaspeed Miata to a cammed 2006 GTO to a Lotus Elise. A fun, cool car is just that. Who cares who makes it.

litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

The thing that keeps bringing me back to the Mustang is, despite its imperfections, there is huge aftermarket support for turning the car into ANYTHING you want. Road racer, drag car, GT car, anything and even all-in-one in some cases, if you don't mind a few compromises.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 11-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Let's not get it twisted here I'm also A car enthusiast I don't discriminate I'll drive anything from Japanese Italian German you name it but when we talk aboutmustangs and Camaros to me Mustang will always be number one I just think Camaros look like **** and the hellcats for that matter just my two centsbut if we throw a Corvette in the mixCorvette all day

Old 11-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I crossed boats. I had a 2011 camaro and now a 2013 mustang 5.0. In sales, camaro and mustang were pretty much even. I remember seeing a graph of the sale trends and it wasn't until 2014 where mustang even overtook camaro in sales. But regardless, camaro will beat out the 6th gem mustang almost all across the board. If you are going to go forced induction then who care which one you get. Money is all that matters, but for bolt on guys sorry.... A full bolt on lt1 coming in at almost the same weight as the new mustang will beat it by some lengths. Cams added? Man, it'll be nice. I'm debating the switch back but not until a couple model years. Maybe mustang will do something, maybe not. But guarantee they won't let camaro win all out. They'll come up with something.

Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

I think you guys are putting way to much stock into performance,

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I'm aiming to keep my 2014 for a LOOOOONG time. I loved my 2012 and was never going to sell it, and then I killed it. The '14 is and will be, the same. I even have a V3 blower in the basement that could go on at any time.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:35 AM   #54
Staff

Regular
Staff

I hope by "will be the same" you don't mean killed....
Old 11-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah whoops, grammar crisis. I mean it'll be loved, too..

2012 died saving my life, literally, so there is no greater love than that.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #56
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Let's not get it twisted here I'm also A car enthusiast I don't discriminate I'll drive anything from Japanese Italian German you name it but when we talk aboutmustangs and Camaros to me Mustang will always be number one I just think Camaros look like **** and the hellcats for that matter just my two centsbut if we throw a Corvette in the mixCorvette all day

One of my regrets 30 years ago was not owning a Challenger. Now that they have a hellcat version, I still regret not owning one, except today its the cost. If not for that, there'd be one in my garage, and my daily driver.
I too like the Mustang, but am a vehicle enthusiast; I like my trucks too.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #57
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I think you guys are putting way to much stock into performance,
Yeah, it's important for bragging rights, but what are you seriously going to do with a daily driver much over 400 @ the wheels on most days. Maybe there are places in this country that you can put that to use pretty often, but not near me. (that's not to say I don't want a 10 second car once in my life, if for any other reason to cross that off the list, and a 2014 auto stang is a pretty easy platform to get there).

But typically, tough enough to get traction now, and that is after you stuff a 275-315 super sticky tire, which you can't even run below 45 degrees, or they give you even less traction than the stock tire.

BMW has the right idea, add AWD to virtually any model. There should be an option for that on at least the top tier stangs. Then do whatever you have to, to get the weight back down.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:17 AM   #58
Supporter

For some of us we just like to have power at the rear. I live where Traffic gets a bit congested but several places to stretch it out. My favorite part is merging onto the freeway.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
For some of us we just like to have power at the rear. I live where Traffic gets a bit congested but several places to stretch it out. My favorite part is merging onto the freeway.
I understand that and I am a part of that dempographic. I also understand that we are most likely out numbered by the people dy,ojust buy a Mustang or Camaro for what they are.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
+1.....I've never seen a speed limit sign on an on ramp. It IS fun to merge correctly........and frustrating as all get out when the Buick Lacrosse in front of me gets all the way up to 35 mph by the time to merge. Then I REALLY need to jump on it!
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
You guys don't realize how good you have it now and who cares which car is the fastest off the show room floor......hot rodders have always found a way to make the cars perform better in a straight line and around curves....just remember one thing..."There is always someone out their will have a faster car than yours"....on the straight or in the curves....
For some of us that were driving muscle cars during the 60's and very early 70's...or a least me, I cut my teeth of Chevy's, had a killer 48 Chevy Street Gasser that would pull the front wheels off the ground....had a fairly competitive 67 SS/IA car, then a high 12 second 68 Z28 street car....after that it was mostly Fords and not because they were faster than Chevy's it was mainly because other drag racers told me I could never compete with a Ford...and that was when you could go to the corner drug store and buy parts for your 302/327/350/396/427/454 where parts for Ford's were few and fare between, and cost an arm and a leg. You did everything by trial and error like cams, headers, intakes, carbs, and there was no such thing as after market aluminum heads, H-beam rods, etc., etc.
Just sit back and enjoy the ride....
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

The real question what will all of the performance / sports cars answers be to themselves in the next 10 years with increasing MPG regulations?!

Everyone always talks about the 60-70's as kind of a golden era of muscle cars, then emissions kicked in & a lot of cars went backwards on power for a while.

Then the past decade we've seen pretty big improvements in hp per liter, driven by high gas prices & regulations to improve efficiency.

I personally believe we're in the next golden era of muscle cars right now.
Car's like the current corvette Z06, Ferrari 458/488, Mustang GT350, Camaro Z28, Hellcats, etc... will be major collector cars in a few decades when everything has gone electric.

I think we have a little room left for turbos & hybrids over the next decade and also going to all aluminum bodies (aka F150), but after that its going to an electric world of cars moving forward very quickly. Porsche already was mostly aluminum, and as of next year all of their 911's will be turbo (& smaller) engines.

Honestly, we won't miss much... just the visceral engine's roar. Electric cars will be faster. Look at the Tesla Model S SEDAN, that can pull a sub 3.0 second 0-60 time (and smoke Hellcats!) and its a heavy 4 door SEDAN for god sakes!!! Or some of the performance hybrids like Porsche 918 Spyder.

Imagine a sports car designed fully from the ground up as an electric performance car!!
Old 11-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #63
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I could really care less if the Camaro is faster or whatever else it does better. I'll still keep my Mustang. Its not just about numbers to me. I'm not racing I just enjoy my Mustang and its plenty fast enough with lots of potential if I decide to do more.

Precisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Not me man. I absolutely love the new mustang. By far, it kills the new Camaro by looks!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!

^ this as well.

Performance is a small portion of sales. I'd venture to guess 70-80% of buyers buy the car for another reason.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #64
Supporter

What is Ford's answer to the 2016 Camaro?

You guys are right about people buying it for looks and because it's the new hot. I go to the store, park next to a new 5.0 and they have no godly idea what year mine is. They don't even know how much hp their car is rated for... The EcoBoost people are even funnier...
I'm still a Mustang guy, 4 ever.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Even some car guys hear "5.0" and think there's some variation on the previous pushrod theme underhood. It's like the 16 years before 2011 with some form of OHC never happened.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

So does this mean stock s550's will now appear in the rearview of every SS owners youtube channel?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Even some car guys hear "5.0" and think there's some variation on the previous pushrod theme underhood. It's like the 16 years before 2011 with some form of OHC never happened.

When I had 4.6's even before the new 5.0 came out people always would ask "Does it have a 5.0 in it" and when I said no they automatically would assume I had a V6. Then they always seemed to have a buddy that has one just like it but had a 5.0 in it. Then I'd try to explain how it is not a 5.0 but is a V8 while they stared at me with a stupid expression on their face. I'm glad Ford went back to the 5.0 it just makes life easier especially as stupid as people seemed to be nowadays.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post

Imagine a sports car designed fully from the ground up as an electric performance car!!
Maybe not specifically designed as a Performance car, the first fully electric sports car, 2008 Tesla Roadster 0-60 mph 4.6 | Quarter mile 13.4, wasn't too shabby.
The 2011 Tesla Roadster 0-60 mph 3.7 (Added a few more AA batteries.)
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #69
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Maybe not specifically designed as a Performance car, the first fully electric sports car, 2008 Tesla Roadster 0-60 mph 4.6 | Quarter mile 13.4, wasn't too shabby.
The 2011 Tesla Roadster 0-60 mph 3.7 (Added a few more AA batteries.)

Check out Zombie222.com
What Tesla??? Haha
Old 11-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Check out Zombie222.com
What Tesla??? Haha

I want that car. Wow!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT