What is Ford's answer to the 2016 Camaro? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #106
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Around here its fact. All the Camaros are stock looks wise or they have rims or something. There is no shortage of S197s with an assload of visual mods around here. Some of them are performance too and even a few really really nice looking 05-09 V6s of all things but there are too many 11-14 5.0s that are bone *** stock powertrain wise that are trying to look fast.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #107
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Around here its fact. All the Camaros are stock or they have rims or something. There is no shortage of S197s with an assload of visual mods around here. Some of them are performance too and even a few really really nice looking 05-09 V6s of all things but there are too many 11-14 5.0s that are bone *** stock powertrain wise that are trying to look fast.
There is an 07 here that is black on the bottom half and windveil blue on the top half. Makes me gag

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Well the post about Camaros and corvettes being cookie cutter is opinion as well. Just about any aftermarket park you can buy for a mustang you can find for a corvette or Camaro. Hoods, exhaust, rims, spoilers, etc. but at the end of the day it all comes down to what style one prefers. But these cars arnt Hondas either so they look good stock
Yes, I stated an opinion - that's true. The difference is that I didn't state my opinion as a fact.

I said they tend to be cookie cutter at least from what I've personally seen on the road.

I like the styling of Vettes... ESPECIALLY the new ones. After seeing the new body style I've actually considered going to the dark side...

Camaros on the other hand.. now that's a different story. I do not like the styling of the Camaros at all.. stock or no... They just look cheap and non inspired to me. Again, that's my personal opinion and I don't expect everyone to share that point of view.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #109
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1DBLITZ View Post
Yes, I stated an opinion - that's true. The difference is that I didn't state my opinion as a fact.

I said they tend to be cookie cutter at least from what I've personally seen on the road.

I like the styling of Vettes... ESPECIALLY the new ones. After seeing the new body style I've actually considered going to the dark side...

Camaros on the other hand.. now that's a different story. I do not like the styling of the Camaros at all.. stock or no... They just look cheap and non inspired to me. Again, that's my personal opinion and I don't expect everyone to share that point of view.
I just visited a GM dealer looking to replace the Mustang (not with a Camaro) and noticed the very nice 2016 Z06 on the showroom....the sticker was......... $89,989.00! The sales manager told me that if I wanted that instead of what I was looking at he'd knock $5000 off.....................that will be the day I pay that kind of money for any car!!!!!!
If you are going to the "Dark Side" please loan me some money and I'll buy the 16 Corvette.....I also love the looks and although getting into one is easy....you just fall into it...getting out I needed help from the sales manger....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11717956136x650.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	193375  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I just visited a GM dealer looking to replace the Mustang (not with a Camaro) and noticed the very nice 2016 Z06 on the showroom....the sticker was......... $89,989.00! The sales manager told me that if I wanted that instead of what I was looking at he'd knock $5000 off.....................that will be the day I pay that kind of money for any car!!!!!!

If you are going to the "Dark Side" please loan me some money and I'll buy the 16 Corvette.....I also love the looks and although getting into one is easy....you just fall into it...getting out I needed help from the sales manger....

That's sharp!!! I can think of a lot of cars I could buy wit that money and that car right there would be in my top

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #111
Registered Member

Regular

The C7, with all those black vents and scoops only looks OK to me in dark silver and black. I still have not gotten used to the overall styling. Too "origami" and creased and folded looking. And yes, I know they were going after a younger demographic than before --- could be the main reason I, as an official old fart don't care for it.
Now, the hood between the high point of each front fender is a work of art.....but the rest? Meh.............
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Rap u need to sell ur mustang. Just do it already and get what U really want lol stop torturing urself and the die hard mustang lovers

Old 11-08-2015, 06:20 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The new camaro will give the V8 &3.7 guy's a fun run, we'll still be in the "Winners Circle". Especially on the track, I really enjoy IMSA racing, anyone here watch IMSA?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #114
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
The new camaro will give the V8 &3.7 guy's a fun run, we'll still be in the "Winners Circle". Especially on the track, I really enjoy IMSA racing, anyone here watch IMSA?
I was under the impression the new camaro ran circles around the mustang in most tests.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Rap u need to sell ur mustang. Just do it already and get what U really want lol stop torturing urself and the die hard mustang lovers

Not that I want to sell it. More along the lines once you get to a certain quickness and power level it's hard to get more and stay satisfied with it.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Not that I want to sell it. More along the lines once you get to a certain quickness and power level it's hard to get more and stay satisfied with it.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446997308.603590.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	193382this is the answer

Old 11-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 193382this is the answer

I would still go with a c6 grands port first.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Do you know how many diehard corvette guys I know that got bored with them and now have GT 500's. I know personally 3 and I have heard of a lot of others too. The Corvette is a great performing car but they get boring, there too good, almost sterile and they are small inside. They have all said getting behind the wheel of the Mustang with spacious Muscle Car interior and similar horsepower to their vettes is a much more satisfying driving experience. Kind of lack a bad *** wooden roller coaster versus one of these modern steel rail coasters. The corvette is the "better car" but the Mustang just has character. I think what you need to do is step up to a twin turbo setup on your Coyote or experiment with a Trinity. Watching the Turbo Coyote shootout earlier this year I saw Justin at JPC bust 7.60's in the 1/4 I don't see how that could get boring.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

What is Ford's answer to the 2016 Camaro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Do you know how many diehard corvette guys I know that got bored with them and now have GT 500's. I know personally 3 and I have heard of a lot of others too. The Corvette is a great performing car but they get boring, there too good, almost sterile and they are small inside. They have all said getting behind the wheel of the Mustang with spacious Muscle Car interior and similar horsepower to their vettes is a much more satisfying driving experience. Kind of lack a bad *** wooden roller coaster versus one of these modern steel rail coasters. The corvette is the "better car" but the Mustang just has character. I think what you need to do is step up to a twin turbo setup on your Coyote or experiment with a Trinity. Watching the Turbo Coyote shootout earlier this year I saw Justin at JPC bust 7.60's in the 1/4 I don't see how that could get boring.

Been around all of this. Built all of them. Not my first rodeo bud.
And will never buy a gt500. Built not bought. And I love mustang on mustang crime. Beating another mustang especially the "all mighty" gt500, is what I enjoy.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:36 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would still go with a c6 grands port first.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

Rap what's it like driving a vet?

Old 11-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rap what's it like driving a vet?

Cramped and feels like everything is glued together. But they are light and responsive. And nasty with a cam and Bottle

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Been around all of this. Built all of them. Not my first rodeo bud.
And will never buy a gt500. Built not bought. And I love mustang on mustang crime. Beating another mustang especially the "all mighty" gt500, is what I enjoy.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

I wasn't saying to buy a GT 500 I'm saying build a Trinity motor

Old 11-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

What is Ford's answer to the 2016 Camaro?

Quote:
I wasn't saying to buy a GT 500 I'm saying build a Trinity motor

The coyote has a lot more potential then the trinity does.

Sure you could up the compression and blah blah to the trinity but really no point. Just a waste of $ to make it into something it's not.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The coyote has a lot more potential then the trinity does.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

I'm not going to argue that I was amazed watching that Turbo Coyote shootout.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #125
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I know half a dozen die hard Corvette friends and none of them would be caught dead with a GT500...at least in my circle of "gray hairs". Although I'm selling my 14 TrakPak for me the main reason is that it's just not fun to drive anymore and no amount of HP/TQ could make it fun. The 03 Terminator will remain a sunny day car and totally bone stock along with giving me my Mustang fix that I've enjoyed for the past 36 years. The next car will be something with twin turbo's off the lot and just be a nice DD.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	f826216bc0b243d3ad65e8056157b877.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	193386  
Old 11-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Ats v sport wish it was a v8 though

Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #127
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvibe92 View Post
Ats v sport wish it was a v8 though

Why the fixation on V8's???? 4cyld's came long before the V8 and making 272HP from 122 cubic inches is pretty good in my book. The V6 is 220 cubic inches and puts out 464HP with two spining wheels....not too shabby for 220 cubic inches. With 4 doors and less than 3700lbs....
Oh yes, covered with a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty sounds good also....and no...this car I'm leaving bone stock.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why the fixation on V8's???? 4cyld's came long before the V8 and making 272HP from 122 cubic inches is pretty good in my book. The V6 is 220 cubic inches and puts out 464HP with two spining wheels....not too shabby for 220 cubic inches. With 4 doors and less than 3700lbs....
Oh yes, covered with a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty sounds good also....and no...this car I'm leaving bone stock.

2016?

Old 11-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #129
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
2016?

Yep
Old 11-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep

That's the first year they came with 4 door ?

Old 11-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #131
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
That's the first year they came with 4 door ?

No, they actually started making the 4dr in July of 2012.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Its not the power aspect I don't like, and I know the engine very well. It's a twin turbo GM lfx version. But no v6 sounds that good too me. IMO. Even the GTR sounds 😶 to me

Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #133
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvibe92 View Post
Its not the power aspect I don't like, and I know the engine very well. It's a twin turbo GM lfx version. But no v6 sounds that good too me. IMO. Even the GTR sounds 😶 to me

Yes, I understand.
For me sound was not important and for over 30 years it was who had the fasted 60' times and the one breaking the win light first....sound was unimportant.
A friend Denny Aldridge or Aldridge Motorsports and Engineering was the first person to field a C Modified Compact Mazda...the car only had 70 cubic inches and put out more than 250HP...this is back in the early 80's and it was cutting 1.46 60' times and going 11.40's which was almost 1 second under the index...he actually won 8 or 9 National class races in less than 2 years. The rotary would wind to 12/13000 rpm at the line and sounded like a sowing machine...........I came to love that sound and whenever he came to the line at an event I was at I had to be there to hear it...........it was totally fantastic!
Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I drove the new Z06 a few weeks ago at one of those Extreme Driving Experiences on the track. It was phenomenal. You can't compare a track beast like a Z06 to something else unless you get it on the track. (a real track where you drive longer than 11 second intervals.... ie: a road course)

The transmission in auto mode was pretty sucky even in "Sport mode" I just went to manual and using the paddles, instead of even trying Track mode.

The amount of power available & the throttle response just blew me away... in any gear (or at least 2, 3, & 4th), just tap the gas & your head is thrown in to the back of the seat!

That said if I was going to spend $85-90k on a car, I'd get a Cayman GT4... I miss my 2006 Cayman S + TPC Turbo.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT