Best tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

Region: Indiana
Best tires

Looking for the best street tires that I will get the most traction out of. Suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
DDKoutsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
There's a million threads on that go searching and u will find ur answer

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #3

I was looking but all I kept seeing was tires for the track I'll just search some more

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDKoutsis View Post
Looking for the best street tires that I will get the most traction out of. Suggestions?

Do u have mods? And what kind?

Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

For daily driving, the brands are usually Pirelli, Goodyear F1s, or Nitto.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #6

Full stainless works exhaust system, tune, and 3.73s planning on doing my whole suspension over winter

Old 11-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Don't have to much exp with what is good cause I'm still in my coopers but what kev says seems to pop up all the time. Personally I'm gonna look into Mickey thompsons. My issue is more hooking up as I have a **** load of power so i know just tires not gonna fix the prob.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
My Goodyear F1's are a dry/warm weather tire only...are not as good in the rain as the Pirelli's that came on my 14 TrakPak. For my money Michelin's are the next tire for me.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
The best tires I've had so far were Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

When/if these Mickey Thompsons wear out I'm going back to PSS's.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I also have the factory coopers on my RS3, I think cooper owns Mickey Thompson.....they might be the exact same tires. I don't think the tire is really our problem with hooking etc. I lose traction and almost go sideways in 3rd gear, and I have plenty of suspension upgrades. Our wheels are 20's, 9.5 inch wide....I think the answer might be buying wider wheels so we can get more rubber to the road. If you ever solve your traction issue, let me know. i like the Roush wheels and don't want to lose the look in order to hook. Eventually I might buy Vossen CV3 as they look similar to what we have, and they fit a larger tire. Unfortunately I can't afford the anytime soon....Good luck man, as you said....too much power for the road pretty much
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I love vossen, I also like my Roush wheels but I think I am going to try the Nitto NT05's on the rear to get a better hook up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyzd30 View Post
I also have the factory coopers on my RS3, I think cooper owns Mickey Thompson.....they might be the exact same tires. I don't think the tire is really our problem with hooking etc. I lose traction and almost go sideways in 3rd gear, and I have plenty of suspension upgrades. Our wheels are 20's, 9.5 inch wide....I think the answer might be buying wider wheels so we can get more rubber to the road. If you ever solve your traction issue, let me know. i like the Roush wheels and don't want to lose the look in order to hook. Eventually I might buy Vossen CV3 as they look similar to what we have, and they fit a larger tire. Unfortunately I can't afford the anytime soon....Good luck man, as you said....too much power for the road pretty much
caballorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Toyo R888. You can thank me later.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #13

Region: Illinois
I'm running perelli Nero zeros. There's good in summer and rain. Not much experience with snow tho
Sabk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:18 PM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I'm putting Mickey Thompson Street Comps on the car in my sig over the winter.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:25 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
These threads that ask for the "best" of anything are always so subjective.

Okay you want street tires. Also a million of those.

As someone mentioned, do you drive in the rain? Snow? What climate do you live in?

Regardless I will say avoid Pirellis & sumis. They suck.

I can't tell you what's best because that really depends on how you drive where you drive when you drive.

I recently went with continental extreme contact DW (dry wet). I purchased these because I will be driving in California where it's never really cold and hardly rains.

They were given 4.5 stars with over 1000 reviews on tire rack. They are quiet, yet they perform amazing.

Size was also a factor. Based on the sizes I wanted to run there is only about 20 different brands/styles (at least on tire rack). I am running 255 40 on the front (stock size on a brembo car) and 285 35 on the rear on 19x10" rear wheels.

For the price I felt this was the best option for me. I love them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446873839.906032.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	193339

Are they the "best" tire? I can't tell you that. But are they perfect for me and would I recommend them? Absolutely
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #16

Region: Colorado
I really love nittos.. They are wonderful wet And dry tires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thebayareapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:29 AM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
These threads that ask for the "best" of anything are always so subjective.

Okay you want street tires. Also a million of those.

As someone mentioned, do you drive in the rain? Snow? What climate do you live in?

Regardless I will say avoid Pirellis & sumis. They suck.

I can't tell you what's best because that really depends on how you drive where you drive when you drive.

I recently went with continental extreme contact DW (dry wet). I purchased these because I will be driving in California where it's never really cold and hardly rains.

They were given 4.5 stars with over 1000 reviews on tire rack. They are quiet, yet they perform amazing.

Size was also a factor. Based on the sizes I wanted to run there is only about 20 different brands/styles (at least on tire rack). I am running 255 40 on the front (stock size on a brembo car) and 285 35 on the rear on 19x10" rear wheels.

For the price I felt this was the best option for me. I love them.

Attachment 193339

Are they the "best" tire? I can't tell you that. But are they perfect for me and would I recommend them? Absolutely
Well said. And the Contis you have are easily the best "all season" tire for the money. Hell, maybe just in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebayareapimp View Post
I really love nittos.. They are wonderful wet And dry tires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nittos 555/555R are overpriced as hell and not as good as some other brands that cost less. They also run crazy narrow so your 315 555R (example) is more like a 275 or 285. When I went from a 315 wide 555R to a 275 wide BFG the BFG was damn near as wide as the Nitto.

Now if we are talking about the NT05 then that's a whole other ballgame but those are for ppl who are ok with getting new tires every few thousand miles...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The street tire for you depends on driving conditions and the best tire is subjective. Continental extreme contact are good tires for daily driving. I would also look at Michelin pilot super sports (what I'm considering next). Take some time to consider what conditions you plan on driving in and then narrow down your selection based on that. Tire rack is a good resource.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #19

Okay sorry for not being specific I daily drive my mustang. I live in indiana so I have all the seasons bit will only drive the mustang in the summer never in the snow. I don't drag race on the track but I do race if you catch my drift and I do not want to spin at all I'm most likely gonna get 18x10s in the rear and 18x9 in the front I don't want all seasons just want a super sticky tire for straight lines and don't know which to choose. So any help is nice

Old 11-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDKoutsis View Post
Okay sorry for not being specific I daily drive my mustang. I live in indiana so I have all the seasons bit will only drive the mustang in the summer never in the snow. I don't drag race on the track but I do race if you catch my drift and I do not want to spin at all I'm most likely gonna get 18x10s in the rear and 18x9 in the front I don't want all seasons just want a super sticky tire for straight lines and don't know which to choose.So any help is nice

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

You're welcome

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT