5.0 or termi? What to buy - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2015, 12:56 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

5.0 or termi? What to buy

Neither. If he really was looking for a mustang he wouldn't be wasting time waiting for the opinions of others he would spend a day or so doing research and make his decision. Not dragging it out to a bunch of well this is better than that or what not. So until he posts pictures under his name with his new car it seems your just wasting everyone's time having to read this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang

In fact after looking thru some of this guys previous posts it seems this whole thread should be deleted as his account should be too. From his first post to now it's nothing more than what's better this or that, or what would you prefer this or that. I'd be a betting man that no one he knows is even looking for a mustang right now he's just trying to create conversation out of nothing.
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2015, 01:14 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona010 View Post
Neither. If he really was looking for a mustang he wouldn't be wasting time waiting for the opinions of others he would spend a day or so doing research and make his decision. Not dragging it out to a bunch of well this is better than that or what not. So until he posts pictures under his name with his new car it seems your just wasting everyone's time having to read this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang

This site is for mustang people who show their mustangs and talk about mustangs, and also get opinions from people who know more about mustangs. No ones making you go on this thread so dont post anything if you dont want to help my friend out like the others are trying to do and the other people are hrlping his decision because he wants to get the best one

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
colebartakovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:17 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

And all my other threads i am posted in have been for something, last year i got a fixbody because of the thread and a couple of weeks ago i couldnt decide between a gt500 or a hellcat and i bought a 2013 gt500 when i made up my mind and now my buddy likes my gt500 but cant afford one so hes looking to sell his skyline for a mustang and i am trying to help him out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2015, 01:19 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Kk
Well it should be a hard choice an almost 13 year old car that's knowingly been beat on or an almost 3 year old car that still has life. Choice is pretty clear.
kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:21 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I actually did buy a foxbody after the thread and i got good opinions on it. And its not my car im choosing now my friend wanted to know what people thought about the termi with that many km

Old 11-10-2015, 07:14 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
As was already said, 13 year old car that has likely been beat on and is based on a 1978 chassis or a 3 year old car that is MUCH nicer based on a 2004 chassis.

As for all the brakes and stuff... tell him to stop crying and just get the best deal out there. Brakes are easy to add later, there is no shortage of GT500 brakes that will bolt right on when he wants to upgrade. All the other options... waste of money. Get a base model for $20k and then he can mod it like he wants to vs overpaying for mediocre stuff from Ford that will need replaced anyway.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You two need to decide what options you want and go look. The bb one here looks modified and wears some ugly wheels. It has recaros and nav /tech which is good. The other one doesn't show much in the ad.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I do not agree on buying a base car. The interior is checker can crude, resale takes an even bigger hit down the road and a lot of options improve the driving experience. You are essentially, if you negotiate well, getting the options for close to nothing so take em if you can get em. In the end, buy what meets your needs,

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
The black one has the least amount of km, it has leather Recaro's which is somewhat rare, track apps, 3:73 gears which suggests to me a TrakPak car and it looks like it has Brembo brakes...that would be my choice...the ugly wheels can always be sold and replaced with something else...having had a TrakPak car I wouldn't go with a base...the TrakPak is a little better platform and he can concentrate on doing minor mod's to make it better...IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I do not agree on buying a base car. The interior is checker can crude, resale takes an even bigger hit down the road and a lot of options improve the driving experience. You are essentially, if you negotiate well, getting the options for close to nothing so take em if you can get em. In the end, buy what meets your needs,
To each their own. If you can get a premium for close to or the same price then go for it. If its a few $thousand more than the base, get the base.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
To each their own. If you can get a premium for close to or the same price then go for it. If its a few $thousand more than the base, get the base.
I agree with this if the plan is to modify it. If you are eventually going to change out the seats and modify the car, save the money from the amenities for mods down the road. However, if you prefer a nice interior, don't mind paying more, and don't really intend on modifying the interior, then by all means get the premium. I learned the hard way that I don't care enough about the interior on my fun car to pay more for it. The family car is a different story though.

Unless you want to be able to say you have a termi, I would go with the s197 with coyote motor. The newer cars have better ride quality and more potential in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:44 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
The S197 is way more refined and probably more reliable since you're not constantly in belt driven boost. That's what I would go with in your situation. And please don't call it a "termi". It's not a cute little flower, it's a terminator. And a statement at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UnrealSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Just buy the best, nicest, newer one you can afford.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by colebartakovic View Post
The only thing he doesnt like about the 5.0 are that they dont come with performance package or track package so you dont get the 3.73 gears or the brembos and all the other stuff that comes with it. So are the brembos a need to have

You're friend doesn't sound to smart.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
You're friend doesn't sound to smart.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I don't think it's a bad idea to look for a track pack at all. It's worth it for the gears and brakes to me.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #51
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealSVT View Post
The S197 is way more refined and probably more reliable since you're not constantly in belt driven boost. That's what I would go with in your situation. And please don't call it a "termi". It's not a cute little flower, it's a terminator. And a statement at that.

If you were really worried about it you would capitalize the word.... Just sayin' bud...
Old 11-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealSVT View Post

It was once the TERMINATOR but now as a stock Coyote puts out more HP it's now just a cute little "Termi" sorry bud

Old 11-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
It was once the TERMINATOR but now as a stock Coyote puts out more HP it's now just a cute little "Termi" sorry bud

So stock coyotes are dynoing over 400 rwhp?

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
So stock coyotes are dynoing over 400 rwhp?

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Stock 03-04 Cobras aren't making over 400 either. (Which you know) The coyotes and the 03-04 Cobras make about the same stock for stock. Just a completely different power band and tq curve

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #55
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Stock 03-04 Cobras aren't making over 400 either. (Which you know) The coyotes and the 03-04 Cobras make about the same stock for stock. Just a completely different power band and tq curve

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
There have been a number of them that have dynod over 400 100% stock.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
The internals of the 03/04 Terminators are hand build with forged steel crank, Manley forged I beam rods and forged pistons. The 03/04 can handle a lot more power/boost than any stock Coyote.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
The internals of the 03/04 Terminators are hand build with forged steel crank, Manley forged I beam rods and forged pistons. The 03/04 can handle a lot more power/boost than any stock Coyote.

I have owned and torn down the motor to a 03 cobra. They are H beams and they pistons are mahle and yes thy are forged but are the weak link.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There have been a number of them that have dynod over 400 100% stock.

Happy dyno readings. A true SAE reading on a legit dyno will not show 400.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:36 PM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I have owned and torn down the motor to a 03 cobra. They are H beams and they pistons are mahle and yes thy are forged but are the weak link.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Not saying anyone is right or wrong....the only Terminator motor I've seen
was torn down at Blue Oval in Vancouver, WA and the rods I saw taken out were Manley I beam...not sure about the manufacture of the pistons. No one thought the motor had been apart before...guess you never know.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not saying anyone is right or wrong....the only Terminator motor I've seen

was torn down at Blue Oval in Vancouver, WA and the rods I saw taken out were Manley I beam...not sure about the manufacture of the pistons. No one thought the motor had been apart before...guess you never know.

It had to of been taken apart b4 they came stock with H beams. I have a few left over in my toolbox at work.
None the less yes they will handle power a lot better then the coyotes.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:38 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'd go for the Ruby Red 2014 GT Premium.

1. It looks bone stock. Not even tint. (usually a good indication the car hasn't been abused)

2. Its looks fully loaded Nav, sunroof, premium, leather seats, etc... (all much harder to add options, than say brakes or gears)

3. If you want Brembo's you can add them... they're not cheap, but the '15 GT brakes are also basically the same thing and are a little cheaper.

4. Why consider a potential nightmare, timebomb, with the Terminator.... doesn't make sense at nearly any price point for a daily driver. If he's got plenty of money and a different daily driver, then yeah... get an old "cheap" toy car to play with on the weekend.

5. Stock coyote's are extremely fast & powerful. Much better foundation to built a car on than a 12 year old "antique"

6. Over 99.8% of people will think you're cooler with a '14 Mustang GT. The 0.2% that think you're cooler are other Terminator owners / gear heads.

7. The newer mustangs might be covered under the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty still. If they're not, you might be able to get an extended warranty for a decent price since its still "new". I never get the extended warranties on my cars, b/c I only keep them 3 years and its mostly BS if you're buying new. But if you're buying a 3 year old car just out of warranty, and you can get an extended 6 year (3 additional years of warranty) for cheap its might not be a bad idea.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:12 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

To the OP...

How you expected to get a non-biased answer in an s197 forum, blows my mind. You should go ask this question in a terminator or cobra forum...the script would quickly flip.

To all others who are flaming me for my comment...take note that I own an 04 cobra. Also take note that I entered your s197 forum to comment. Came into your back yard and even took the side of your generation and trim mustang because I think it would best suit the O.P.'s wishes.

I'm simply saying...when referring to an 03-04 cobra, just call it a terminator. Or...we could all just start a trend calling your coyotes a "coyo" lol. That's how juvenile this thread has become...

Old 11-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #63
Supporter

Sometimes I refer to Coyotes as "Yote". Doesn't itch me at all. Every thread with a what to buy title will become childish real quick...
Old 11-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
Sometimes I refer to Coyotes as "Yote". Doesn't itch me at all. Everything thread with a what to buy title will become childish real quick...

Lol I respect that
Old 11-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know why people would ask what to buy anyway. Buy what you want! If you don't know what to buy you probably shouldn't buy anything. These types of questions are just bait for flame wars.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I don't know why people would ask what to buy anyway. Buy what you want! If you don't know what to buy you probably shouldn't buy anything. These types of questions are just bait for flame wars.

Very true! So are "which blower do I get?" And "which exhaust is the best?" Just starts a war...
Old 11-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously though...to the O.P.

Buy whichever one that excites you...if an 03/04 cobra passes you or shows up in your rear view, and you r pulse speeds up...buy it!!! If a coyote passes you and you're breaking your neck to see it...buy it!

Whatever you buy, buy it for you! Don't worry about what we think man! Do your thing!
Old 11-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

If your looking for a all out speed car get the coyote. If you want a fun DD with looks and sound get the cobra

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #69
Registered Member

Regular

I just sold my 14 TrakPak....the reason is that it just wasn't fun to drive anymore...yeah, people give you the thumbs up and when you stopped somewhere they come up and ask dumb questions and to be polite you smile and give them a dumb answer...the only thing that was fun was taking a 600/700 mile road trips and hitting the curves at 2 to 3 times the limit was good....it's hard to put my finger on it but it just didn't have the fun factor I was looking for like my old 97 Cobra. The short time I've had the 03 Terminator I'll have to say it's a lot more fun around town and although I haven't taken it on any road trips I expect it to be a bit more of a handful than the 14, which is what I want....I want t car that tries to drive me rather me just driving it.
I made the comment at the beginning saying not to buy the 88k mile Terminator....after driving mine to the store down a couple of back roads I take my words back!
Old 11-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I just sold my 14 TrakPak....the reason is that it just wasn't fun to drive anymore...yeah, people give you the thumbs up and when you stopped somewhere they come up and ask dumb questions and to be polite you smile and give them a dumb answer...the only thing that was fun was taking a 600/700 mile road trips and hitting the curves at 2 to 3 times the limit was good....it's hard to put my finger on it but it just didn't have the fun factor I was looking for like my old 97 Cobra. The short time I've had the 03 Terminator I'll have to say it's a lot more fun around town and although I haven't taken it on any road trips I expect it to be a bit more of a handful than the 14, which is what I want....I want t car that tries to drive me rather me just driving it.

I made the comment at the beginning saying not to buy the 88k mile Terminator....after driving mine to the store down a couple of back roads I take my words back!

Weren't u looking to get that caddie?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT