Raxiom GPS&Back Up Camera Qs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Raxiom GPS&Back Up Camera Qs

Does anyone own the Raxiom GPS w/ the back up camera? If so, what's your opinion on them? I hear from some that the GPS is kind of weak, but everything else is great. I know I can read reviews from American Muscle, but I feel more comfortable hearing from ya'll first hand.
wong_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I've had mine for a couple of years and at the time it came out, it was pretty good for the price. Easy to install and I never had any issues with GPS reception or anything else. However, in my opinion, the iDatalink Maestro paired with an Apple CarPlay capable head unit blows the Raxiom out of the water. It's a couple hundred bucks more expensive but the added functionality is absolutely worth it. But if you're on a budget and want navigation, it's definitely a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
BigCiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Would you happen to have pictures of yours?
wong_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
It's basically your factory radio with a touchscreen GPS. If you expect anything more, you will be disappointed. I don't have any issues with my GPS and find it handy to have when I need it. Last night driving to dinner with my girlfriend to a restaurant about 20mi away she kept bugging me about "speed traps" with the speed going up and down. I finally put on the GPS and said she couldn't fuss until the speed limit sign turned red on the display, lol.

BTW, if you get one, and have a factory satellite radio antenna, I sell the parts necessary to make that same antenna also act as your GPS antenna for the Raxiom.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong_alexander View Post
Would you happen to have pictures of yours?

Sorry, no pics of it installed.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
BigCiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Bump - looking for more information from those that may own them. Everything on the touchscreen I have read. Does it also do the climate control like the OEM Navigation does? Can you do all the phone stuff? Voice control? Can you be moving and have your passenger put in an address - or is it like OEM where you have to be at a stop? Just lots of questions as I am buying one and hoping it will do some of what I want it to do. AU01st - I know about the part - just waiting when it comes in. I will be having some other people doing the install - is there any paperwork that comes with it? Or you just plug it to the back of the radio and go from there......pm any advice I can give them - all though I am sure they could probably figure it out. LOL
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT