Newb Suspension combo feedback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #1

Region: California
Newb Suspension combo feedback

Hey all. I have a 2013 GT Brembo Pk w/ 6spd and have owned it since the begining of the year. I've mostly been a lurker/window shopper around here due to limitations with cash flow. Here in Sacramento we are starting to get rain and i have had issues keeping the *** in control. Its to the point where i'm losing traction when i drive over the lane reflectors on the road. Anyways back to what i want to ask. So i was able to come up a little bit of cash and want to make my ride more reliable. I just ordered tires so next thing up is Shocks/Struts, Springs, Upper & Lower control arms and Panhard. I went to Sacramento Mustang just for an estimate but their customer service was awesome so i'm thinking of going through them for some of the parts and installation. The only thing i wasn't sure about was their recommendation for Eibach Shocks/Struts from what ive read here. So here is my dilemma.

Shocks: Koni STR.T (yellows if i could find them cheap enough), Steeda Pro-Action or Eibach Pro-Damper(local shop recommended).
Springs: Eibach Pro, Sportline(local shop recommended) or Steeda Ultra-lite.
Upper/Lower and Panhard: Whiteline, Steeda(local shop recommended) or BMR. Also should upper be adj and lower be solid?

I wish i had more money because i totally understand "you get what you pay for" and have always been a buy the "best" or go home type of guy. I would love to get the Vorshlag setup but cant. Looking for the best bang for the buck for a daily driver with a heavy foot. Any recommendation or feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!
NicoPlated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Everything you listed is quality stuff and you probably can't go wrong. If you are gonna lower your car you should consider an adjustable upper control arm/mount, lower control arms and lca relocation brackets though.

PS. the panhard bar is adjustable(lower) the PHB support brace(upper) isn't.
tsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I would go koni yellows with steeda sport springs. Get an adjustable panhard with urethane bushings. I would wait on the control arms and relocation brackets not necessary for the drop you are doing. Use that money and get camber plates instead.
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 12:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I would rather go with the control arms. He doesn't need the cc plates with that small of a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:04 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Newb Suspension combo feedback

I would stick with one brand if I were you. Sometimes aftermarket brand "a" doesn't mesh with a different part down the road by aftermarket brand "b" and you end up with a headache and a lighter wallet when you end up re doing something that should have already been done.

I went all Steeda and Koni yellows

Steeda sport springs
Steeda billet LCA
Steeda adjustable UCA and bracket
Steeda ultimate rear sway bar
Steeda adjustable front sway bar
Steeda caster camber plates
Steeda panhard bar
Steeda panhard bar support
Steeda gtrac bar
Steeda X brace

Only thing I went BMR with was LCA relo brackets. I only did this because they do not require an alignment rack to get them on prior to welding them in place.

Everything works in perfect harmony and the car handles like a dream. I wouldn't change a thing.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I would rather go with the control arms. He doesn't need the cc plates with that small of a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
For a guy on a budget control arms are not necessarily good bang for the buck. The guy has not mentioned wheel hop issues nor is there any pinion angle vibration and likely won't be with a mild drop.

The camber plates address a very weak factory strut top hat. The added adjustability is a bonus.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:49 AM   #7

Ok so I have just about $1600 after accounting for labor costs. I think im sold on the Steeda gear but would you do Koni Yellows over Bilstein B12 combo?

Now does wheel hop cause my rear to lose traction with rough patches in the road like holes, cracks and those little light reflectors in between lanes? Because its really hard to trust my car the way it is right now. To my understanding it could be tires as well so ive ordered 255/40 fronts and 275/40 rears. At this point I feel safer in my 58 VW Bug at 100mph then the mustang. Haha
Old 11-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Wheel hop happens under hard acceleration when tires loose traction and hop. What you are describing is likely tires. Think of wheel hop this way instead of a nice smooth burnout you car shakes and hops instead.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoPlated View Post
Ok so I have just about $1600 after accounting for labor costs. I think im sold on the Steeda gear but would you do Koni Yellows over Bilstein B12 combo?

Now does wheel hop cause my rear to lose traction with rough patches in the road like holes, cracks and those little light reflectors in between lanes? Because its really hard to trust my car the way it is right now. To my understanding it could be tires as well so ive ordered 255/40 fronts and 275/40 rears. At this point I feel safer in my 58 VW Bug at 100mph then the mustang. Haha
As far as parts go, I'm a BMR guy but Steeda makes great parts too. Camber plates are going to increase NVH so maybe camber bolts are a better go. I like Eibach Pro Kit springs. They are the right amount of drop and handle very well with a much nicer ride than some others. Koni Yellow if you plan on doing track adjusting, but probably not necessary for the street. Bilstein makes great stuff. Get an adjustable upper arm and panhard bar and all poly bushings. Lowers don't need to be adjustable. BMR makes great Relo brackets, you will need those with the drop. Do it all at once and adjust everything at the same time. Really, everything you mentioned is good stuff so it's mostly brand preference.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
We currently have our Black Friday Sale going on, you will get a great bang for your buck!

P.M. Sent.

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I purchased my suspension from Steeda two years ago. Got a great deal on the package and great service from TJ. Oh...and I absolutely love my setup.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #12

So I ended up getting all Whiteline; Rear Adj UCA w/ Mount, Rear Fixed LCA w/ relocation bracket, Adj Panhard, Panhard brace and went with Bilstein B12 shock/strut kit that comes with Eibach Pro springs. I feel its a good start to my mods list. Went through American Muscle and got a killer deal with current sales plus the Forum member discount. Thank you all for the help
Old 11-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoPlated View Post
So I ended up getting all Whiteline; Rear Adj UCA w/ Mount, Rear Fixed LCA w/ relocation bracket, Adj Panhard, Panhard brace and went with Bilstein B12 shock/strut kit that comes with Eibach Pro springs. I feel its a good start to my mods list. Went through American Muscle and got a killer deal with current sales plus the Forum member discount. Thank you all for the help
And a happy camper you will be....congrats!

Don't forget to give us an update!

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT