Shelby Vs Hotchkis Sway Bar - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Shelby Vs Hotchkis Sway Bar

I have a 2013 Mustang GT Conv. with Track pack --- Looking for info on both of these sway bar sets.
Shelby Sway bar set and the Hotchkis Sway Bar Set
I would like real world info. Does anyone know who makes the Shelby set. both sets are about 425 but don't know which to get. Sorry did not find info on the search funtion
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 07:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Wow so no one has any information about either of these sway bars?
Then does anyone know of any sway bar sets that are worth a hoot taht while on sale are close to the 425$.. Front and rear?
I already have Eibach lower springs, BMR Upper and Lower control arms and running Koni orange shocks.. Front /Back Sway bar and rear control arm reallocation are really all I have left I could do that I know of. Its a daily driver but want to take out as much of the roll I can. I live in Tennessee so many of the roads have twists and turns.
Getting ready to get rear axle tubes welded due to the Supercharger just to be safe.. I'm not a racer but feel like I'm running out of performance things to do to the car that I can justify! LOL
Old 11-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well the purpose of a sway bar is to tune out oversteer / understeer on a track ... if you want one just because you want one, its hard for us to really make a recommendation.

Essentially though, a sway bar just increases the spring rate when turning, so anything better than stock will "help." Understand though, if your shocks / struts / sway bars aren't set up properly you could introduce a fair bit of over or understeer depending on how you do it.

I typically find when running a square set up that RWD cars prefer a little more front bar when cornering (or at least that I prefer a little more front bar with how i set my suspension up). So, im not going to tell you what to get, i'm going to make you do some homework based on my suggestions here, but i would either just get a front bar and set it on a mild or low setting (probably the easiest to adjust and live with) or if you want front and rear bars, just make sure the front is set stiffer than the rear (more involving, less potential for improvement if you're not going to actually track and mess with it).
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Just picked up a set of GT500 sway bars my self for $130 front and rear. One of the last things needed in mine. The fronts are the same diameter as the GT just a thicker material. The rears how ever are larger in diameter. The fronts are also 3 way adjustable.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for the information! Everyone..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT