Mustang Evolution Forum banner

MMD Rear Valance Diffuser

10K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  k1DBLITZ 
#1 ·
Has anyone else installed the MMD rear valance diffuser that's on American Muscle? There are only two pictures on there. I think it's fairly new. I'm interested in it because I don't want to cut into my bumper, with this one you only drill two holes underneath. Here are the actual pictures from the site Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Bumper

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Rosco - Despite being fairly new and having a pair of reviews I was around for when our team test fit this on our 2014 and the install really looked like a breeze. Maybe I can sway your opinion here with a review?

In the event you pull the trigger on it and it's just not something that you want to commit to drop me a line and I'll cover the shipping back free of charge for a full refund.

Alex

#7 ·
Just sell it on Ebay

#11 ·
Nice. I can see the details a lot better from your pictures. It does look good. That has made up my mind. Also, thanks Alex from AM.

#13 ·
I am still waiting until spring to do the install, but what are the driver and passenger side supports used for? Where do they go? The instructions don't say anything about them.

#15 ·
Does anyone have some input on the support bracket location? Instructions arent remotely clear about that

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#16 ·
I have been wondering this for a while now. Last time I checked there wasn't a customer posted installation guide on AM either.

#19 ·
Anyone? I am like a chimp with a rubics cube when I try to figure this out for some reason

#20 ·
It's looks like people are pairing this with the Roush rear side splitters too. So that's not what the supports are used for.

#21 ·
The two pieces that come with it attach to the splitter on the tailpipes they are extra support for the splitter it's hard to explain but the instructions show how they go it took me like 20 min to figure out the picture in the print out but it makes sense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#23 ·
So the two pieces will be attached to the underside of the splitter. The two pieces will be between the tail pipes and the splitter supporting it so it doesn't sag?

#25 ·
So did you guys put the support taps all the way butted up to the inside left of the diffuser?(example in pictures). Or like the other picture. It seems to sit more flush with the diffuser cut when is it slid more toward the right side. Bumper Automotive exterior Arm Hand Auto part
Bumper Automotive exterior Arm Auto part Footwear
Finger Hand Auto part Audio equipment Leather

#27 ·
I installed the boss 302 diffuser myself after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dar4onT2h0

Cutting into the bumper isn't bad at all....especially if you have a dremel.

There are lines already there from the factory where you need to cut.. It's like tracing a drawing when you were a kid...except with power tools. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.