How often do you put the "Hammer Down"? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I don't. I'm also 48 and have learned to be more responsible when I drive. I will drive fast but nothing too much. I've not even had mine over 100 mph. I also don't want to tear anything up.
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Not much...I prefer cruising, but every so often the pony needs to breathe. I occasionally take it up to 5K RPMs but not much more. My 2011 auto just burns expensive rubber and slides sideways in 1st full throttle... rolling starts work much better for me... but I'm pushing 73, and just knowing what I am driving is comforting enough. Never been above 105.
Parrotpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Almost every time I drive her I crack into it . I feel like that's y I bought the car and modded the hell outta her . I'm gonna get my money's worth out of it .
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think a more appropriate question is what is your average fuel economy? That answer alone will determine whether you drive like grandma, or the guy who stole grandmas car.

I drive like Grandma, and according to the car on 93 octane, I average 17.5mpg on my M6. That's over a several thousand mile period since the last reset, with about 75% of that being highway.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCon View Post
I think a more appropriate question is what is your average fuel economy? That answer alone will determine whether you drive like grandma, or the guy who stole grandmas car.

I drive like Grandma, and according to the car on 93 octane, I average 17.5mpg on my M6. That's over a several thousand mile period since the last reset, with about 75% of that being highway.
That seems really low. What mods do you have on the car? I drive carefully for the most part as well, and with a completely stock 2015 GT A6, on 92 octane, I get 22-23 mpg in town and 25-26 mpg on the highway.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I am trying the 93 octane. Today my highway mileage was the highest it's ever been. 28.2.

This is after replacing the stock mufflers with the Borla Touring
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
You know, I've never seen a speed limit sign on an on ramp to the freeway.....and if you know what I mean ---I always make sure to merge VERY safely.
Of course....LOL I always get up to 70 as fast a I can so I may merge properly..

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That seems really low. What mods do you have on the car? I drive carefully for the most part as well, and with a completely stock 2015 GT A6, on 92 octane, I get 22-23 mpg in town and 25-26 mpg on the highway.
I was thinking the same thing.

I suppose that it is all relative. Compared to some of us, BadCon drives like the car was stolen from granny. Compared to say, John Force, the car gets driven like a granny.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
Of course....LOL I always get up to 70 as fast a I can so I may merge properly..
Exactly!

There is one on ramp to I90 in downtown here that is about three blocks long, uphill, and straight. It is also pretty blind at the top for oncoming traffic --- never had a problem unless the blue hair in the Buick Estate wagon is in front of me and doing 40 at the top of the ramp!
Old 12-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

I suppose that it is all relative. Compared to some of us, BadCon drives like the car was stolen from granny. Compared to say, John Force, the car gets driven like a granny.
22-23mpg in town??!!?! There is a name for the condition you suffer from, its called low-T. Go to your Dr and get some testosterone injections because you are going WAY TOO SLOW!!

I kid I kid.

Seriously though, how you are getting 23mpg in a 400hp vehicle is beyond me. I used to average 19mpg combined and thought I was doing pretty good. Guess I need to slow down.

Generally though I try not to think about MPG. I much prefer to think in terms of miles per tire
Old 12-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Well.....there is one arterial street here in town that goes 12 miles, from our house all the way downtown. Every single traffic light is coordinated for a 30 mph cruise. You literally do not need to use your brakes even once if you pay attention.
Every day I drive that street, I see others accelerate briskly away from me, and then slam on their brakes for every single light, coming to a full stop about 15 times, then accelerating again up to speed.
There is a time and place to let 'er rip (and I do), but every time you use your brakes in town, you are using gas.

Oh....one more thing. If mine was only making 400 HP, I'd complain to the dealer that it wasn't running right.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Well.....there is one arterial street here in town that goes 12 miles, from our house all the way downtown. Every single traffic light is coordinated for a 30 mph cruise. You literally do not need to use your brakes even once if you pay attention.
Every day I drive that street, I see others accelerate briskly away from me, and then slam on their brakes for every single light, coming to a full stop about 15 times, then accelerating again up to speed.
There is a time and place to let 'er rip (and I do), but every time you use your brakes in town, you are using gas.

Oh....one more thing. If mine was only making 400 HP, I'd complain to the dealer that it wasn't running right.
Somehow I always hit the red light right under the overpass regardless of how fast I am going lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Somehow I always hit the red light right under the overpass regardless of how fast I am going lol

Hell occasionally overfills. When that happens, Satan allows the overflow to leave hell to poses other objects until such a time they can return. These objects include street lights, birds, squirrels, and reality TV stars.

So the next time you get stuck at a freak red light, a bird ****s on your car, a squirrel eats your electrical system, or you see the Kardashians on TV, now you know why.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I find it easier to control the urges since this happened in September....I walked out with only 2 busted ribs.

Now I have a nice automatic car with just a tune...and I'm pretty happy with that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1857.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	194763   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1859.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	194764  

Name:	IMG_1862.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	194765   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1863.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	194766  

Name:	IMG_1869.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	194767  

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:51 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Mixed freeway and south Orange County traffic usually gets me about 17.5...that's pushing the pedal now and then...I always leave first at street lights. Pure highway running around 78-80 I can get 23+....mountainous roads knock some mileage down...I have actually got one trip logged for the sole purpose of tracking mileage... where I used cruise control at 58 MPH on a 120 mile trip stretch of the I-405 at 4AM (no traffic)... turn around after sixty miles...no horsing the engine....average 32 MPG.... that was a loooong tough trip......but that Coyote... Oh, my what an engine.
Parrotpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I stay off my throttle in all of my vehicles. Once gas shot up in price, I learned to just drive like a grandma and tolerate it. It takes serious road rage to get me on it. This being Detroit, that happens at least once a week. I'll step on it long enough to get away from whatever I'm trying to get away from. Then back to normal. MSP is no joke.

We will see how I do with the Mustang as time goes on. 75 feels like 75 in my truck. The Mustang is sneaky about it.
Mugeismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I crack it anytime a hater mean mugs me! Lol
UnrealSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
If I'm in a vehicle I floor it at least once. In the Cobra I see boost every time I drive it.

I bought the cars to drive. Mileage only matters in the Focus. Drive it like a teenager and get 34mpg.

I normally buy 6-8 tires a year and go through several thousands of dollars in gas. It's part of life and I enjoy it. I have 10 tires that need replacement in the next 6 months.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

What I don't understand is people complaining about gas prices or trying to keep their mpg low if you're so concerned about gas Buy a friggin volt

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

It's one thing that you buy a Mustang and drive like a grandma just cause but it's another that you buy a Mustang and drive like a grandma because you're concerned about gas and tires

Old 12-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Some people need to get slapped upside the head live life for once

Old 12-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Lol you don't buy these things for fuel economy. You buy them to have a great time! If not...get a civic si lol
Old 12-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealSVT View Post
Lol you don't buy these things for fuel economy. You buy them to have a great time! If not...get a civic si lol

I'm glad there's at least some people that agree with me I'm sure we're going to see other negative comments

Old 12-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I really miss my car is been in hibernation for over a month I just feel like taking out right now and beat the piss out of it

Old 12-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Op you're asking people how do you control yourself well if you ask me personally I can't control myself every time I drive my car I feel like Superman I don't know how the how anybody can control themselves I bought my car so I can break up the work home thing some people golf and other people have different ways of relieving stress I use my car to relieve stress don't get me wrong I don't do this all the time I also enjoy just going for a cruise but for people to say they keep it under a certain RPM or they don't do this or they don't do that give me a break OK I'm done now this voice texting is too easy lol

Old 12-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1449973520.104748.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	194772

To those who say you can't get good gas mileage in a 5.0 I say you sir are wrong.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealSVT View Post

I Know of a few Hondas that will walk 98% Of everyone on this site.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I Know of a few Hondas that will walk 98% Of everyone on this site.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

It's nice being the 2%

Old 12-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

That's a bold statement. But, I too know of a few street driven Hondas in the 9s. They have no carpet and nothing but a drivers seat in them but none the less...they are fast.

Back to the original argument though...you're not going to floor your Toyota Corolla to the ceiling without worrying of breaking something...we have mustangs. We should drive them as they were intended...with the idea of having fun.

Now, anybody that would like to inform me of some Toyota corollas that are breaking the sound barrier please chime in...

Otherwise trade your starch and breast milk fed car in for the latest frs and hope for the best
Old 12-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

#sprayinmorethanyoumake

Raps life's notto

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
#sprayinmorethanyoumake

Raps life's notto

😜

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:50 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

probably once a day when I'm driving to work. usually a 3rd gear pull to pass some slow cars on the highway. also serves as my morning coffee
d1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:53 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I find it easier to control the urges since this happened in September....I walked out with only 2 busted ribs.

Now I have a nice automatic car with just a tune...and I'm pretty happy with that.
the only time I ever wrecked a car was when I was 16 and rolled my 1992 Mazda B2600i. that truck was by far the slowest and weakest vehicle I've ever owned...
d1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:05 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Every single day. Redline a day keeps the carbon away.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
Redline a day keeps the carbon away.
Sig worthy!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT