Catted mid h-pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Catted mid h-pipe

ive done research but couldnt really find anything, im looking to do a mid pipe with high flow cats and a tune for my next mod just not sure if i should just go o/r one reason is i have roush axleback and a o/r would be to loud plus i live in cali, also i heard you get about 10-15 with o/r wondering if it'll be the same with the high flows? i was looking to buy these 2011-2014 Mustang 5.0L GT JBA 3" - 2.75" Competition Catted H-Pipe 6685SHC
would these fit with stock headers? also if i should get the 3inch piping or 3 inch to 2.75?
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 05:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Catted mid h-pipe

I have this JBA h-pipe installed and Borla back. They all hooked up fine to stock cats/manifolds. I believe the high flow cats are the same size as stock, so they should line right up. I have the 3-to-2.75.

The h-pipe sounds real good and worth every penny. I recently installed JBA shorty headers, which improved sound and performance (smoother idle). Everything should line up just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #3
Supporter

Region: Texas
I am going to get the Magnaflow X with high flow cats, also going to add remote dumps behind it. Loud when wanted, quiet when needed (stock mufflers).

http://www.americanmuscle.com/magnaf...pe-1114gt.html
http://www.jegs.com/i/Race-Ready/815...oductId=757985
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post
I have this JBA h-pipe installed and Borla back. They all hooked up fine to stock cats/manifolds. I believe the high flow cats are the same size as stock, so they should line right up. I have the 3-to-2.75.

The h-pipe sounds real good and worth every penny. I recently installed JBA shorty headers, which improved sound and performance (smoother idle). Everything should line up just fine.

Did you notice any sound or performance difference from the stock H to the high flow cats H before you did the headers?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brewcityf6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcityf6b View Post
Did you notice any sound or performance difference from the stock H to the high flow cats H before you did the headers?
I installed the cat-back at the same time and noticed a huge increase in volume and a moderate increase in performance. I can't confirm what gave the most gains, as I had everything installed together. I love the sound and performance, but that is just my opinion.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Cool. Thanks man.

Sent from my XT1096 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brewcityf6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
I am going to get the Magnaflow X with high flow cats, also going to add remote dumps behind it. Loud when wanted, quiet when needed (stock mufflers).

Magnaflow Mustang Tru-X Catted X-Pipe 49976 (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping
Race Ready EC300DK, Race Ready Performance Electric Exhaust Cutout Kits | Race Ready

Did you notice any difference with the Catted xpipe?

Thanks
Lovebryan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebryan24 View Post
Did you notice any difference with the Catted xpipe?

Thanks

Haven't gotten them yet. I will though.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
Haven't gotten them yet. I will though.
How much of a differen do you think it will be over the stock H?

Thanks!
Lovebryan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post

That JBA mid pipe will not fit the stock headers. THe JBA is meant for Long Tubes and not shorties (Stock). i intially got the catted H pipe for a deep sound but ended swithing to the O/R X pipe and my car sounds like the THunder god around 2,300 RPMs.

Passing an inspection is the part you need to worry about. luckly for me i still have the catted JBA that i can swap in 30 minutes to take my car for inspection and then after, swap it back to the O/R X.

forgot to mention that the JBA ceramics with off road X and flowmaster Outlaws is a mean set up. Car is LOOOUUUDDD!
Old 02-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:

Thanks!

I'm not sure, I'll let you know in June after my inspection is done. I think the Main thing will be smell and a little deeper tone. I guess dumping cats should free up some restriction.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks!
If you want sound and HP gains, than you need headers and that is Long Tubes friend. A simple catback will only make the car sound a a bit more aggresive and provide better exhaust flow, no noticible or no HP gains.

H-Pipe (catted or O/R) = deep rumble
X-Pipe (Catted) = raspy race car
X-Pipe (O/R) = Aggressive Raspy Race car

the best way to increase HP and BAD*** sound is to get Long Tubes with O/R xpipe. Trust me, you will love it over the H pipe. I bought the H pipe because i though raspy was too much and i ended up swithcing it out and i love it. With a proper tune, you are looking between 12 -20 HP gains with LT and O/R X pipe.

Don't waste your money, invest in a good exhaust. Kooks will be the way to go but my JBAs sound like my mustang is driven by lucifer.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster_1823 View Post
If you want sound and HP gains, than you need headers and that is Long Tubes friend. A simple catback will only make the car sound a a bit more aggresive and provide better exhaust flow, no noticible or no HP gains.

H-Pipe (catted or O/R) = deep rumble
X-Pipe (Catted) = raspy race car
X-Pipe (O/R) = Aggressive Raspy Race car

the best way to increase HP and BAD*** sound is to get Long Tubes with O/R xpipe. Trust me, you will love it over the H pipe. I bought the H pipe because i though raspy was too much and i ended up swithcing it out and i love it. With a proper tune, you are looking between 12 -20 HP gains with LT and O/R X pipe.

Don't waste your money, invest in a good exhaust. Kooks will be the way to go but my JBAs sound like my mustang is driven by lucifer.

I have borla stingers and I wanted. Little more power but want the deep tone to stay. I was thinking lethal performance h pipe. What do u think. Do u have a sound clip of your car. I also have a steeds cai and bama race tune. My Cervinis stalker body kit will be here tomorrow. And I have rtr 19"rims

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Long tubes are out of the question right now 😒
buddyrich14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyrich14 View Post
I have borla stingers and I wanted. Little more power but want the deep tone to stay. I was thinking lethal performance h pipe. What do u think. Do u have a sound clip of your car. I also have a steeds cai and bama race tune. My Cervinis stalker body kit will be here tomorrow. And I have rtr 19"rims

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Long tubes are out of the question right now 😒
Borla Stingers and an H pipe sounds fantastic

I can't wait to hear it when I add the ARH headers
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT