13-14 Boss Splitter/Air Deflector - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
13-14 Boss Splitter/Air Deflector

A question for anyone who has installed a Boss/CS splitter on a GT. Is the Boss air deflector (the belly pan underneath) necessary, or is it more of a function item? Will the stock GT one fit is my question. I picked up a used splitter, and want to know if I'll need the deflector before I go to install it. Thanks in advanced!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
A question for anyone who has installed a Boss/CS splitter on a GT. Is the Boss air deflector (the belly pan underneath) necessary, or is it more of a function item? Will the stock GT one fit is my question. I picked up a used splitter, and want to know if I'll need the deflector before I go to install it. Thanks in advanced!
The stock lower shield will not fit the Boss 302 Splitter........if you don't get the boss lower shield there is nothing to attach the Boss splitter to..............the lower shield is not very expensive.........just get it and be done with the issue. Also don't forget the hardware as it is different
The factory lower shield is kind of fiber material where the Boss is a much harder Poly material.

LOWER SHIELD for 2013 Ford Mustang|BR3Z-17626-A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-27 11.15.40.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	194902  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok that's what I figured. I checked Tousley, it's only like $145. I'll see if I can figure out which hardware I need from the diagram.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Does the Boss shield/deflector fit on stock bumpers? I found one at great price but am wondering about the fit

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Does the Boss shield/deflector fit on stock bumpers? I found one at great price but am wondering about the fit

Are you talking about the valance panel/splitter or lower shield/deflector?
The answer is that if you have a 13/14 yes they will fit a stock bumper as the bumpers are all the same...........

BUMPER & COMPONENTS - FRONT for 2013 Ford Mustang
Old 12-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The lower shield. The deflector. This: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-17626MB/201...TtWBoC4gLw_wcB

I know it fits, it's made for the 13-14, I was asking if it was needed for the boss splitter, which it seems I do.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
The lower shield. The deflector. This: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-17626MB/201...TtWBoC4gLw_wcB

I know it fits, it's made for the 13-14, I was asking if it was needed for the boss splitter, which it seems I do.
Yes, it is needed for the Boss splitter/front valance........and will not fit without it.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Are you talking about the valance panel/splitter or lower shield/deflector?
The answer is that if you have a 13/14 yes they will fit a stock bumper as the bumpers are all the same...........

BUMPER & COMPONENTS - FRONT for 2013 Ford Mustang
The lower deflector behind the bumper, not the Boss air dam on the lower front but the "belly pan" underneath

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
The lower deflector behind the bumper, not the Boss air dam on the lower front but the "belly pan" underneath

The lower shield/deflector behind the stock front splitter......if this is what you are calling the "belly pan"....the answer is no, the Boss lower shield/deflector will not fit the stock splitter/valance panel. Not sure why you would want to replace the stock lower shield/deflector with the Boss anyway.....Just to clarify terms used, the valance panel which is also the front splitter comes first, then the lower shield which you are calling the "belly pan" comes next and attaches to the front splitter/valance panel............then that attaches to the closure panel which is directly under the motor....is that correct.
Just to clarify....there are three panels, 1. splitter/valance panel, 2. lower shield/deflector, 3. Closure panel directly under the motor.
The Boss components with the exception of the closure panel only fit with Boss components and Stock components with the exception of the closure panel only fit stock components, you can not mix and match.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The part I linked is the only part I'm questioning, but you did say I need it for the splitter, so I'll order it up and try to figure out the hardware from the diagram as well.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
The part I linked is the only part I'm questioning, but you did say I need it for the splitter, so I'll order it up and try to figure out the hardware from the diagram as well.
Use this as a guide when you take your's apart and replace with the Boss although you don't need to take the front bumper off unless you are thinking about adding the Laguna Seca extension at some time as it's a real pain to take the Boss 302 front splitter and deflector off.....again.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...53709-manu.pdf
Old 12-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks appreciate it. That's not a problem though, I've had the bumper off before and had the splitter and deflector off multiple times. I just want to make sure I have the parts I need before I go taking it apart because I'll be mad if I do it, then have to put it back together and order more stuff, or leave it apart until stuff comes haha.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:29 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Thanks appreciate it. That's not a problem though, I've had the bumper off before and had the splitter and deflector off multiple times. I just want to make sure I have the parts I need before I go taking it apart because I'll be mad if I do it, then have to put it back together and order more stuff, or leave it apart until stuff comes haha.
I'm the same way.........It's better to have too many parts than not enough".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT