Flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust w/xpipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Cool Flowmaster outlaw catback exhaust w/xpipe

HI ALL
I WAS WONDERING if anybody has this or ever heard this exhaust.

Flowmaster Outlaw Mustang Catback Exhaust - Stainless Steel 817590 (13-14 GT) - Free Shipping

I'm looking for more loud, i currently have roush ab only. will the flow masters sounds louder? thanks
tlebron20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They're loud. Just prepare for some drone at 2000rpm on the freeway.
Renuco612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

louder then roush ab??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlebron20 View Post
louder then roush ab??
They are slightly more quiet.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So there quieter then roush ?? :-/
Old 12-17-2015, 10:47 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Louder very often does not equal better. There is a nice exhaust note and then there is just noise.

Outlaws with an X pipe will not sound all that great and will drone like a mother on the highway.

If you are still looking for "more loud" then go to a full catback and midpipe or just go all out and do a full longtube header exhaust. At least then you'll see some performance too...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Louder very often does not equal better. There is a nice exhaust note and then there is just noise.

Outlaws with an X pipe will not sound all that great and will drone like a mother on the highway.

If you are still looking for "more loud" then go to a full catback and midpipe or just go all out and do a full longtube header exhaust. At least then you'll see some performance too...

It is acutely a full cat back, American muscle sells it.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm running orx with 3" straight through axle back (fairly similiar to outlaw) and it sounds pretty badass to me. Now, I have the stock resonators still in which helps the drone a lot. It gets a little boomy around 2k, but not bad IMO. The outlaw will be louder than Roush. Look at the size of the muffler bodies.
zinc03svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlebron20 View Post
So there quieter then roush ?? :-/
Yes my buddy went from the roushs to the outlaws because the roush broke and they were quieter but nearly the same sound
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #10

I'm currently running the outlaw cat back. Amazing sound at start up then mellows out. Drones inside around 2k I try not to stay in that range for long. Cruising at highway speeds not that bad. Always getting complements on the sound of the car.
Sterling50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have the Outlaws on my 2014 and am putting back the GT500 mufflers.. They drone terribly (like my mother in law) and get a lot of looks from the local PD.
They did nothing for me at the track so no need for them.
I'll probably sell them on here. Too bad they are new....

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Might be individual cars but anytime someone mentions drone, I think back to the American thunder drone masters (someone else coined that phrase), er Flowmaster axle backs I put on, drove once and sold. Drone at 2k was horrible! I'm on the highway enough, there's no way I would've dealt with that.
I would think outlaws would be louder than Roush but never used either so don't know.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Might be individual cars but anytime someone mentions drone, I think back to the American thunder drone masters (someone else coined that phrase), er Flowmaster axle backs I put on, drove once and sold. Drone at 2k was horrible! I'm on the highway enough, there's no way I would've dealt with that.
I would think outlaws would be louder than Roush but never used either so don't know.
I don't blame you for taking the dronemasters off right away. But, in a thread like this one, it makes me wonder why anyone would intentionally go to an exhaust that they KNOW is going to drone, or that others are telling them will.
Drone is just plain NASTY, and a headache producer for sure. We have enough STEEP mountain passes and even more gentle loooooooooooooooooong hills here -- especially on the freeways, that there is simply no way I'd even consider any combination of exhausts that drone!!
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I don't blame you for taking the dronemasters off right away. But, in a thread like this one, it makes me wonder why anyone would intentionally go to an exhaust that they KNOW is going to drone, or that others are telling them will.
Drone is just plain NASTY, and a headache producer for sure. We have enough STEEP mountain passes and even more gentle loooooooooooooooooong hills here -- especially on the freeways, that there is simply no way I'd even consider any combination of exhausts that drone!!
+1 and then some! Sadly, I relied on sites that sold them more than the forum. Even though I searched the forums, no where did I find they droned so bad until after I posted my issue! That's when someone replied about drone master. Searched drone and Flowmaster and found plenty of threads then. Won't make that mistake again. Shouldn't have to since I run Borla now
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

A guy around here has a Outlaw setup with his stock exhaust and it sounds real good. With little drone...

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
Old 12-20-2015, 09:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I have the outlaws with an off road x pipe. The drone was pretty bad at first but I've had the combination for 2 years now and the drone disappeared after several months. The combination sounds awesome and I tons of compliments but also lots of attention from the cops
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

You've probably gone tone deaf. LOL

Old 12-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
You've probably gone tone deaf. LOL
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust