I'm officially done with raxiom products. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I'm officially done with raxiom products.

When I bought my halo fogs in July 2014 (week after I bought the car new) the driver side halo failed. Had to take the damn thing apart and put the stock ones back on just to get a replacement sent to me. I also had the license plate lights and they failed after a month. Got them replaced and they failed again. So I bought from diode dynamics and never had that issue again. Also purchased the raxiom navigation unit in July 2014 and it had GPS locking issues. They told me I needed to take the whole think out and send it back to get a replacement.

Well yesterday the damn Bluetooth and USB features stopped working as well as my driver side speakers. So I tried everything and it just wouldn't work. The navigation, radio, and CD player worked though. So I pulled the whole thing out and put the car back to stock and everything works fine. So I'm done with raxiom products from now on. Not spending another dime on this stuff.

So now at tax time I'm going to be looking into another in dash navigation route. This really pisses me off because I spent a lot on money on this stuff and I take care of my car. Sad thing is the car has been garaged for almost 10 months now. Safe to say I'm highly upset that I have nothing but issues with there products. Now I know why they have that industry leading two year warranty.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Bummer. Hopefully you'll have better luck with your replacement.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Tell us how you really feel 😂

I hear about all these issues with raxiom but I guess I've been lucky because I've never experienced a single issue.

I will say I considered the raxiom nav at one point but based on reviews and the amount of returned units being sold on eBay I decided against it.

Honestly if you want a better sounding radio you are better off doing a nice alpine, kenwood type nav unit. It is a little more work and more costly but worth it in my opinion.

Sorry you have had such bad luck Devil
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've had the halos for about 2 years. A while ago one side wouldn't turn on and it was a problem with the wiring. I re-wired it and it has been fine so far.

You should consider an iPad mount. You can do a Bluetooth connection and run everything through the iPad, even navigation if you get a data plan or use your phone as a hotspot

Here is how the iPad looks in my car

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1450635529.662061.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	195020

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Bummer. Hopefully you'll have better luck with your replacement.

Pick your poison.
Not getting a replacement. I'm going another route altogether.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLY View Post
I've had the halos for about 2 years. A while ago one side wouldn't turn on and it was a problem with the wiring. I re-wired it and it has been fine so far.

You should consider an iPad mount. You can do a Bluetooth connection and run everything through the iPad, even navigation if you get a data plan or use your phone as a hotspot

Attachment 195020

After the first replacement of halos they've been fine. Well over a year but like I said the car was garaged for 10 months so they didn't even get used. Also I forgot to mention that I also had the raxiom map light kit as well and they started to flicker. So I went diode dynamics and never had that issue again. Didn't even think about calling AM for a replacement. Just done with their low quality products.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
After the first replacement of halos they've been fine. Well over a year but like I said the car was garaged for 10 months so they didn't even get used. Also I forgot to mention that I also had the raxiom map light kit as well and they started to flicker. So I went diode dynamics and never had that issue again. Didn't even think about calling AM for a replacement. Just done with their low quality products.

Lol I had the license plate lights replaced twice already. I gave up on them too. Found some other LED bulbs and they have been fine so far

Old 12-20-2015, 12:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I had the license plate lights replaced twice already. I gave up on them too. Found some other LED bulbs and they have been fine so far

Where did you get that mount as well as how much and which IPad model doesn't support. I prefer the IPad mini. Yeah their lights suck.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I made a bracket myself. It goes inside the CD player and it's like an L shape that goes up the surface of the iPad like an inch. And than on the back of the iPad put some Velcro to hold it from falling when you accelerate hard. You can put any iPad that you want.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Not getting a replacement. I'm going another route altogether.

That's what I meant.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
That's what I meant.

Pick your poison.
Oh ok. My bad

Old 12-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ive always thought that system looked kinda cheesy and cheap, but Im sure AM and their great customer service will make it right for you, get it replaced and sell it, as said, while its more costly, an aftermarket system can be easily expanded where as the Raxiom, is no more than a stock stereo
Old 12-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
Ive always thought that system looked kinda cheesy and cheap, but Im sure AM and their great customer service will make it right for you, get it replaced and sell it, as said, while its more costly, an aftermarket system can be easily expanded where as the Raxiom, is no more than a stock stereo
Pretty much. After I put everything back to stock I really felt like it was a waste of money. I'm definitely getting something different. Those IPad docks are hard to find and very overpriced I see. Sucks that my surface pro 3 is so large because I hardly use it at home so I would mount that if there was a practical option.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #14
Supporter

Region: Texas

I almost went with a Raxiom but the issues scared me. So I went iPad mini 4 mount.
http://store.audiodesignscg.com/product/mustangdashkit/
Not sure if the coupon code still works but here it is: 50offStang

I'm selling my iPad mini today so I can get the one with LTE connectivity. The hotspot and gps thing weren't working well.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I purchased their dome lights and they flicker when they dim which gets annoying at times especially since the website says they should function as the oem bulbs operate.

Given they are only 25 dollars not worth it to complain but honestly I would be very hesitant about purchasing anything else Raxiom given the quality of the bulbs.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I purchased their dome lights and they flicker when they dim which gets annoying at times especially since the website says they should function as the oem bulbs operate.

Given they are only 25 dollars not worth it to complain but honestly I would be very hesitant about purchasing anything else Raxiom given the quality of the bulbs.

When I got my bulbs they were 29.99. That may be a small amount but if you can complain about a food order being wrong you can complain about the quality of 29.99 light bulbs.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
No raxiom anything for me
GTgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Its funny that i went cheep and bought ebay lights and havent had 1 issue with em. But my raxiom 3rd brake light is already loosing leds. I have the gen5s and their new led headlight kit hopefully those dont break
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
http://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-2825-...dp/B00AIJY2ZM/
$9 per bulb. They also make LED fog lights now. These are the real deal and no longer cost $20 each.

Or $30 from Raxiom and who knows what the brand is. Me, I'd just go with the Sylvania.

Raxiom just re-sells other people's stuff for the most part. It's easy to get the kit or several at once and you're done (especially for a gift), but the quality is suspect if it includes wires and electronics.

The body kits and appearance upgrades sold on that site are generally fine, though I would recommend unpainted and getting your local auto shop to properly prime and paint it so it doesn't flake off or fade. Painting plastics is tricky and almost every pre-painted aftermarket item I've seen looks like junk after a few years.

edit: the iPad kit is pricey but interesting. At least you're using Apple's electronics which are pretty robust.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #20
Supporter

Apple hardware seems to last a while. Their software irritates me though. I liked the fact that I didn't have to even think about playing with the wiring.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I think I'm going to go the IPad route.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:58 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin

With the Mustang sitting for 10 months, are you sure the battery is at full charge? I ask only because I experienced two strange issues recently with my F150: one was that the factory GPS radio was reloading itself from its CD every morning when I would first start the truck (2007 F150 with the factory GPS is made by Pioneer; same model as their AVIC D2 that loads from CD). Also, I had an aftermarket oil pressure gauge that kept loosing it's "stored" color screen setting. This past Saturday morning, we had our first "cool/cold" weather, and my battery bit the dust. Installed a new one, and the GPS and gauge are working normally now.
In my case, the two weird functions were a result of the battery becoming weak when the truck sat for a few hours, or overnight. That battery was 11 years old!
Old 12-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #23

Here is what I being working on just waiting on the carbon fiber vinyl to cover up that frame

More info here http://themustangsource.com/forums/f...galaxy-521762/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
rlma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I bought their tailight sequencers a bit back when they were the only game in town, then a month or two later additional competition showed up at a lot lower prices. Doh!

Oh well, at least these have worked fine in both the former '12 and the '14 car I have currently.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
With the Mustang sitting for 10 months, are you sure the battery is at full charge? I ask only because I experienced two strange issues recently with my F150: one was that the factory GPS radio was reloading itself from its CD every morning when I would first start the truck (2007 F150 with the factory GPS is made by Pioneer; same model as their AVIC D2 that loads from CD). Also, I had an aftermarket oil pressure gauge that kept loosing it's "stored" color screen setting. This past Saturday morning, we had our first "cool/cold" weather, and my battery bit the dust. Installed a new one, and the GPS and gauge are working normally now.
In my case, the two weird functions were a result of the battery becoming weak when the truck sat for a few hours, or overnight. That battery was 11 years old!
Battery is fine because I put a new one in just because I could when I got back. Also I drove it for about three weeks after I got back and it just happened out of the blue. I put it back to stock and my Bluetooth and speakers work.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I bought their tailight sequencers a bit back when they were the only game in town, then a month or two later additional competition showed up at a lot lower prices. Doh!

Oh well, at least these have worked fine in both the former '12 and the '14 car I have currently.
I have those as well from then and that's the only thing from them that hasn't ****ed up. Knocks on wood.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I see lots of issues with the raxiom leds. All my cars have leds in them and I've only ever got them off of amazon or eBay. Never paid more than $10 for a set and never had a problem with them. Call me cheap but I've never had a faulty one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grabber Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue View Post
I see lots of issues with the raxiom leds. All my cars have leds in them and I've only ever got them off of amazon or eBay. Never paid more than $10 for a set and never had a problem with them. Call me cheap but I've never had a faulty one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Exactly. I went cheaper and haven't had an issue since. It really annoys me how they charged $29.99 for bulbs that you have to keep replacing with their two year warranty. Well I don't want to have to keep taking my car apart to send items back to them to get a replacement. So I bought better lights for a cheaper price from diode dynamics and haven't had an issue. They clearly have QA issues and I won't have to deal with them anymore because I'm not buying any of their stuff anymore.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #29
Supporter

The people who I got my mount from also make one for a Nexus 7...
If you get the iPad get one with cell network connectivity....
Old 12-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #30
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey Devil

I'm really sorry to see and hear about the extensive trouble that you had with the Raxiom parts over the past few orders.

In the event that there's anything I can help out with moving forward on parts here that are not Raxiom shoot me a PM.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Only Raxiom product I bought was the license plate bulb, and I've been lucky with that, almost 3 years with no issues. For fog lights, with all the research I did, it's totally worth it to get Oracle stuff and do it yourself.

Get some black chrome paint, black out the housing

Finished product. It look me half of one day and then half of the next, just because I wanted everything to sit overnight to dry, but for basically the same cost, this looks the best. Those are Oracle's plasma halos. I've honestly never undertaken this before, but it really wasn't bad. Worst part was separating the fogs, then getting them back together. They didn't go back together perfectly, but I sealed the crap out of them with black silicone, and the seams are hidden behind the grille, so you never see it anyway. Have had no leaks whatsoever. And they are a complete circle, the break in the ring in the picture is just the grille surround blocking it because of the angle. Can't recommend this route enough.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Great ... Just bought some headlights from them on Black Friday . Haven't installed them yet

Psmith129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:38 PM   #33

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Attachment 195020

Sorry to thread jack but what's going on with the dash outlining ? Can you change colors? Looks kinda cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blakkat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #34
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkat01 View Post
Sorry to thread jack but what's going on with the dash outlining ? Can you change colors? Looks kinda cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
El wire
Old 12-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
Only Raxiom product I bought was the license plate bulb, and I've been lucky with that, almost 3 years with no issues. For fog lights, with all the research I did, it's totally worth it to get Oracle stuff and do it yourself.

Get some black chrome paint, black out the housing

Finished product. It look me half of one day and then half of the next, just because I wanted everything to sit overnight to dry, but for basically the same cost, this looks the best. Those are Oracle's plasma halos. I've honestly never undertaken this before, but it really wasn't bad. Worst part was separating the fogs, then getting them back together. They didn't go back together perfectly, but I sealed the crap out of them with black silicone, and the seams are hidden behind the grille, so you never see it anyway. Have had no leaks whatsoever. And they are a complete circle, the break in the ring in the picture is just the grille surround blocking it because of the angle. Can't recommend this route enough.
I have some Oracle colorshift halos for my headlights. I just have to find a place to install them. Also have Oracle side marker lights.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT