'11 GT Headlight Disaster - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2015, 01:35 PM   #1

Region: New Mexico
'11 GT Headlight Disaster

Guys, I need some help. I have a couple of issues that have me stumped.

1. For about 3 months now, my driver side HID headlight constantly "bounces" as if it is stuck and trying to level out. It is very annoying and looks as if its twitching. I can only imagine what it looks like to other drivers. Cant figure out what to do.

2. My passenger side fog light is 10x brighter then the left driver side as if the brights are stuck on. It's too bright to leave on when I'm driving at night. I've looked close at it during the day and it is definitely brighter than the other.

3. A couple of weeks ago, I got in my car at the airport after a business trip and was driving home in the dark and my headlights started flashing on and off as if there was a short or connection was barely hanging on. I toggled the brights on and off several times and the lights became stable but - seriously? What the heck is going on?

4. I have a rattle in the driver side dash behind the air vent out let. Drives me crazy - sounds like there is a loose piece of metal somewhere in a cavity that is banging against the frame.

I've checked all the fuses. All good.

Anyway, any one with experience with the headlight issue, please help me out.

Thanks!!
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Since you mentioned a rattle behind the air vent it might mean the connector for your headlight switch might be loose. Just a thought

11' 5.Ohhhhh Prem
robbespz5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would redo your headlights. There can be so many problems. If they are aftermarket HIDs then you probably have cheap ones and should buy some nicer newer ones. If they are stock then it's probably your wiring. A wire is probably getting pinched. There can be so many different problems though, I would just rewire the whole thing. I used to have after market HIDs on my 2011 and they would always be flickering. I went from AC to DC modules and it stopped the flickering but they would randomly turn off sometimes and I would be drinking around with only 1 headlight. That car got totaled and I now have a 2013 with the stock headlights and I absolutely love them, never a problem. If you are using after market HIDs then try going back to stock and see if they work better than the after market ones.

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 93 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2015, 06:05 PM   #4

Region: New Mexico
Thanks for the info. Replacing the headlights seems like a monumental task. I believe they are OEM.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT