Extra noise with Rear seat delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2016, 06:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Extra noise with Rear seat delete

When I first got the car I removed the back seats but had no exhaust mods. Now that I've done the whole exhaust i do get tired of hearing it especially on really long drives (16+ hours) it's tolerable but is there any way to make the cabin quieter? Anyone with the rear seat delete have this problem?

I do like the sound of the car so removing the exhaust isn't an option for me but I'd like the noise in the cabin be as minuscule as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 07:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin_ii View Post
When I first got the car I removed the back seats but had no exhaust mods. Now that I've done the whole exhaust i do get tired of hearing it especially on really long drives (16+ hours) it's tolerable but is there any way to make the cabin quieter? Anyone with the rear seat delete have this problem?

I do like the sound of the car so removing the exhaust isn't an option for me but I'd like the noise in the cabin be as minuscule as possible.

Search forum for Dynamat or sound proofing. It's been discussed.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Any weight saved in removing the seat will be sucked up in pouring dynamat in. You could just put the seat back in... just sayin'. However, Your best strategy here, if you are sticking with seat out, is to dynamat the trunk floor and spare tire well, which are a tympanum for all the rear noise on these cars.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet I'll get on putting some on. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:

I did the rear seat delete on my Roush and noticed very little change in exhaust noise. Of course my Roush exhaust has always been loud so maybe that is why I did not notice any change..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040191.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	936.8 KB
ID:	195440  
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

does the x brace help with anything?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
does the x brace help with anything?
Supposably it would help tighten the car up just like a strut brace under the hood..
I did not notice any difference after installing. The whole set up saves me another 20 Lbs and looks cool for the shows.........
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT