Pypes headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Pypes headers

Hello, I was offered 779 shipped for pypes long tubes and a catted x. Seems like a really good deal, but heard pypes headers are a PITA. What do you guys think? Any experience with pypes long tubes? Thanks.
Bryanh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I have on mie but had a mechanic friend install. He said that it was a PITA but didn't have a fitment issue, just said that headers on the 11-14 GT is a pain because of space installing. I think my headers were $550 or so new from American Muscle so check around. Doesnt seem like a great price
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Dynatech. Pypes is junk quality and uses the lowest of low quality Chinese stainless steel. Also the primaries are not equal length. Dynatech is cheaper than Kooks and the quality is just as good.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

that price is pretty good, but the fitment issues can't be overlooked with them, at the least, I can pretty much guarantee the steering shaft will rub, which is easily rectified, but a pain non the less. I'd say they are no more difficult to install than any other long tube, mine have been on for 2 years this March, I drive the car daily, they still look decent, so not sure about the ****ty material quality claim.......my recommendation is, if you can afford ARH, Stainless Works, or Kooks get one of those

Sent from my S6 using tapatalk
Old 01-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
I have on mie but had a mechanic friend install. He said that it was a PITA but didn't have a fitment issue, just said that headers on the 11-14 GT is a pain because of space installing. I think my headers were $550 or so new from American Muscle so check around. Doesnt seem like a great price
550 with the x pipe also? Or just the long tubes? The price I was offered was with the catted x pipe too.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
that price is pretty good, but the fitment issues can't be overlooked with them, at the least, I can pretty much guarantee the steering shaft will rub, which is easily rectified, but a pain non the less. I'd say they are no more difficult to install than any other long tube, mine have been on for 2 years this March, I drive the car daily, they still look decent, so not sure about the ****ty material quality claim.......my recommendation is, if you can afford ARH, Stainless Works, or Kooks get one of those

I can't really afford any of those. I drive the car daily also. Just seems like such a good price.. With a catted x pipe! Did you fix the steering shaft problem? How do you like them? Thanks.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Dynatech. Pypes is junk quality and uses the lowest of low quality Chinese stainless steel. Also the primaries are not equal length. Dynatech is cheaper than Kooks and the quality is just as good.
I'll look those up too. Just considering pypes bc of the price. I'm on a pretty small budget. But I'll give the dynatech a look too.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

You get what you pay for. Been there, done that with cheap Mustang parts when I was younger. Not saying the Pypes won't fit but they are the price they are for a reason.

Buy quality, buy once because people always seem to have the money to do it right the second time.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanh24 View Post
I can't really afford any of those. I drive the car daily also. Just seems like such a good price.. With a catted x pipe! Did you fix the steering shaft problem? How do you like them? Thanks.
if you're on a really tight budget, they're a decent header for the price, as I said, you will most certainly have a steering shaft rubbing issue, I fixed it with a few washers, took all of 30 minutes, after that, I've had no other issues with the Pypes, but if I had it to do again, I wouldn't buy them again

Quote:

Buy quality, buy once because people always seem to have the money to do it right the second time.
yeah that's why I recommend he buy ARH, Stainless Works, or Kooks if he can swing it, that being said, now that they're on my car, they have been wonderful, no o2 issues and still look decent, and they make power, I made 412 to the wheels with only the long tubes, catted x pipe and Revolution Auto tune

Old 01-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if you're on a really tight budget, they're a decent header for the price, as I said, you will most certainly have a steering shaft rubbing issue, I fixed it with a few washers, took all of 30 minutes, after that, I've had no other issues with the Pypes, but if I had it to do again, I wouldn't buy them again

yeah that's why I recommend he buy ARH, Stainless Works, or Kooks if he can swing it, that being said, now that they're on my car, they have been wonderful, no o2 issues and still look decent, and they make power, I made 412 to the wheels with only the long tubes, catted x pipe and Revolution Auto tune

I am on a really tight budget. But I'm not sure what to do.. Seems like a lot of problems with the pypes. What about bbk? Should I ask for a price on those? I would love to get the higher quality headers, but they are simply too much... Sadly.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:58 PM   #11
Supporter

Region: Texas
Pypes headers

Save and buy higher quality. It's cheaper to do it once....
IF I get headers they will either be StainlessWorks or Kooks. Possibly Magnaflow if the deal is right. I prefer ceramic coated.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

BBK isn't any better than the pypes as far as quality.

Telling you, take a look at Dynatech. Every bit as good as Kooks/SW/ARH and cheaper.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 01-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Telling you, take a look at Dynatech. Every bit as good as Kooks/SW/ARH and cheaper.

Alright, I'll go take a look now
Old 01-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got the pricing for dynatech. 1225 with the catted x pipe. And stainless power is 1125 with catted x. Good prices?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote:

Got the pricing for dynatech. 1225 with the catted x pipe. Good price?
Old 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And you are talking about the pypes headers right?
Old 01-05-2016, 06:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Guys what about Jba long tube headers and a catted H? Jba any good? Thanks.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And you are talking about the pypes headers right?
yes, I have Pypes headers

Quote:
Guys what about Jba long tube headers and a catted H? Jba any good? Thanks.
JBA are often forgotten about, but they are good, buddy of mine had them and they fit spot on, if there's one issue with them, it's that they hang lower than most other long tubes, could be an issue on lowered cars

Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Got the pricing for dynatech. 1225 with the catted x pipe. And stainless power is 1125 with catted x. Good prices?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Got the pricing for dynatech. 1225 with the catted x pipe. Good price?
Never heard of stainless power. Have heard of Stainless Works before...

Old 01-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

JBA are often forgotten about, but they are good, buddy of mine had them and they fit spot on, if there's one issue with them, it's that they hang lower than most other long tubes, could be an issue on lowered cars

Oh, ok. So overall your pypes headers are doing well for you from what I heard. Glad to hear. And yeah saw the JBA's and thought why I didn't ask about those. Seem to be a quality header. Still considering the pypes, Idk the price is just too good for me not to think about them..
Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never heard of stainless power. Have heard of Stainless Works before...
Yeah, Stainless Power is Stainless Works but cheaper version I guess. Stainless Power uses China crap. Stainless Power still isn't too bad from what I have been reading. And what about the price on the Dynatech headers? Good price?
Old 01-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The best cheap header for the coyote is JBA.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
The best cheap header for the coyote is JBA.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Looks like it. Jba long tube and catted H pipe for 849 dollars. Doesn't look like a bad price to me. Just not sure if the h pipe they let me choose is 3 inch to 2.75 inches.. Or just a full 3 inch one.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Where did your buddy get his JBA's from, if you know of course.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
The google, she knows much. I found them on AM in about 3 seconds but they are out of stock...

Old 01-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

2011-2014 Ford Mustang Exhaust Headers & Manifolds - JBA Headers 6685S - JBA Cat4ward Headers

Or on Jegs if you want to be damn sure of customer service not sucking.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/6685S/...4OARoCXxzw_wcB

Old 01-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think Amazon, for a pretty good price too

Old 01-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The google, she knows much. I found them on AM in about 3 seconds but they are out of stock...
Lol, already had them pulled up. Just wanted to see for the price where his bud got them
Old 01-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
550 with the x pipe also? Or just the long tubes? The price I was offered was with the catted x pipe too.
All these were purchased from AM with MEVO discount:

Pypes LTH - $514
Pypes Off road H (prob close to catted x price wise??) - $281
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All these were purchased from AM with MEVO discount:

Pypes LTH - $514
Pypes Off road H (prob close to catted x price wise??) - $281
You like the h pipe? I can't decide between the x or h, if I buy them of course.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You like the h pipe? I can't decide between the x or h, if I buy them of course.
I litterally get 3-4 compliments a week on the sound. I get X-pipe guys saying they like mine better. Less raspy, deeper. Definitely the way to go IMO. There is a myth that it is less HP but it just isnt true.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #31
Staff
Regular
Staff

H pipe is going to be less raspy regardless of what mufflers you have. And yes the H vs X thing is a stupid myth started by the rags years ago, they make the same power.

I'd still get the Dynatechs if you want the best or the JBAs that have been pointed out already.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I litterally get 3-4 compliments a week on the sound. I get X-pipe guys saying they like mine better. Less raspy, deeper. Definitely the way to go IMO. There is a myth that it is less HP but it just isnt true.
Alright, yeah I'm getting tired of rasp. I got the roushs without the resonators.
Might be switching those out. Alright I think h pipe will be the way to go. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you have any recordings of your exhaust? Or if you can, can you make a short video just to see how it sounds? Thanks a lot.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1452123356.287251.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	195522
Only way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto.olmedo View Post
Attachment 195522
Only way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Damn what a setup!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT