2011 or 2015 if you had the choice - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:33 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
My father bought a 2014 convertible GTCS after seeing the 2015 models. That should sum it up right there.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 12:07 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Add driving lights in the front grill, and it looks just like a regular GT from the front. Sure it has the wing that the rest don't, but still looks too much like a regular GT.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
C013RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:12 AM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by C013RA View Post
Add driving lights in the front grill, and it looks just like a regular GT from the front. Sure it has the wing that the rest don't, but still looks too much like a regular GT.

Ummmm that's because it is a GT/CS

Should it look like a completely different car? Did the 60's mustang GT/CS look completely different from a "regular" GT?

Just sayin

Vote Ox Mustang of the Year 😬👍🏻
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 12:49 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Working for valet and soon to be Ford is going to be so hard.

But I'll be able to have fun with both models and decide.

Plus which ever price catches my eye
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:55 AM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Resale value.

Buy a 2011 and its worthless in a year for resale. Mod it and its even more worthless. They looked outdated already to the 99% majority, as soon as the 2015's hit the streets.

Buy a 2015 and its worth $30k+ for a few years as long as its the newest body style.
Extremely subjective. Plus by now a 2011 is 5 years depreciated, so you aren't going to go from good value to worthless in only one year. Come on. Its already depreciated most of its value that it would for the next few years, so right now would be the perfect time you can buy, you can grab one for $20-24k, and i don't see it going down to worthless in a few years like you stated. And if you are even worried about resale value from modifications, then this is definitely not the car for you. Mustangs are meant to be modded, they aren't classy exotics that you keep low miles on and drive to look good.

As for looks, that is very subjective. I personally would take the looks of the 2011-2012 over the 2013-2014 every single day. Just swap out the tail lights and it is better in every way.

The 2015s are a whole new level of performance. Stock for stock it might only be a tiny bit better, but the potential is so much greater. Better chassis, better suspension, better interior, better engine etc....

2011 Body + 2015 interior, engine, and suspension + 2013 tail lights = best Mustang ever.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The 2015s are a whole new level of performance. Stock for stock it might only be a tiny bit better, but the potential is so much greater. Better chassis, better suspension, better interior, better engine etc....

2011 Body + 2015 interior, engine, and suspension + 2013 tail lights = best Mustang ever.
I liked the 13-14 body better than the 15's, why I bought when I did. But the 15's have the better suspension and better potential for the engine if you SC it.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
I liked the 13-14 body better than the 15's, why I bought when I did. But the 15's have the better suspension and better potential for the engine if you SC it.
Lots of ppl will disagree on the suspension, at least ppl who track their cars. The IRS is great for 90% of the people buying the car tho so that's good for Ford.

The internals, yes they'll be good I think for what the Boss is which is 800. That said, anyone going over the power limit of what an 11-14 Coyote can make will probably have the coin to forge the internals too.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #43

I have to agree that this is truly a subjective question but being the former owner of a 2011 GT Premium and a current owner of a 2015 GT Premium, I would have to side with the 2015 being my preference. Once thing that drove me crazy about my 2011 was the stock shifter. I did not enjoy how sloppy it felt and hated the 'skip shift'. Yes, I could have installed the Barton or MGW but financially I had to be very strategic with the mods I chose. I drove the 2011 as a daily driver for about 4 years and loved the car, so don't take my comments the wrong way. The 2011 is a great whip. As a daily driver, I would go 2015 hands down. The rigidity of the factory config seems far superior. While over time, like with any vehicle, you notice many things on the 2011 that make it feel as though it operates "loose". The track apps are fun on the 2015 as well as the driving modes if you use them. I use the driving modes when it snows here in MD but can see how some find them useless. The bottom line is that with either decision you will have a blast driving the stang. Visual preference plays a big part as well. Some hate the 2015 appearance. I think it's pretty sleek personally especially if you are entertaining some Roush visual mods.

Good luck and feel free to ask about any other aspects of either year if you want my take. Pardon any typos. I wrote this in haste.
ILLFrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The Mustang going to a 3.5TT has been a rumor for a long time now and I can definitely see it happening as the base offering for the GT due to EPA regulations, the "global model" and also because it'll be more powerful. Or at least as powerful with way more potential in the aftermarket.

3.5L TT V6 paired to whatever 8 or 10 speed auto Ford releases with a converter will be godlike at the 1/4 mile track.
That makes me shiver....just can't do the six based on sound alone. Performance or not.
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'd be more open to it if they can make it sound like the new Ford GT.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
That makes me shiver....just can't do the six based on sound alone. Performance or not.
I dunno I've heard some Cyclones with really well done exhaust and they sound really effing good.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
That thought process is going away as did the dinasours. A different generation of buyers are emerging in the near future. These young kids today won't give a crap as long as the car looks good, fast and gets 40 mpg.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:01 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Lots of ppl will disagree on the suspension, at least ppl who track their cars. The IRS is great for 90% of the people buying the car tho so that's good for Ford.
I am not certain what you mean by this. The IRS is a good thing for people who track their cars as well. I think the 2015 F-Street results speak pretty well on this, and thats considering that this is a 1st year chassis for which the aftermarket is still in development.

At any rate, I am going to try to make it to Crows Landing this year, let me know if you are attending.

-Static
Static_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I was in the exact same position last spring - buy used or a new '15. I personally think the '10-'12 body style are the best looking Mustangs on the road, so I bought a used '12 so the other guy had to take the depreciation hit, and I don't care about resale because I'll be keeping mine for many, many years, as it is my "pleasure vehicle". I think the new model is sharp, but I still like the '10-'12's better.

I'd buy a nice used one and put the money saved toward modifying it and putting your personal/unique touch on it. That's what I'm doing.

Hodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:10 PM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodor View Post
I was in the exact same position last spring - buy used or a new '15. I personally think the '10-'12 body style are the best looking Mustangs on the road, so I bought a used '12 so the other guy had to take the depreciation hit, and I don't care about resale because I'll be keeping mine for many, many years, as it is my "pleasure vehicle". I think the new model is sharp, but I still like the '10-'12's better.

I'd buy a nice used one and put the money saved toward modifying it and putting your personal/unique touch on it. That's what I'm doing.
I feel the same way. The 10-12 style has the meaner looking front, you can swap in 13/14 tails easily enough, apparently the quality of materials in 10-12 was a little better and they'll be cheaper because they're a little older.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:58 PM   #51

I just went through this. I was trying to decide if I wanted a 2011-2014 or a 2015. I found a "dealer demo" 2015 GT Premium A6 on a local lot that had the options I wanted, before getting down to hard negotiations I had them down to under 36K. It would have been ~40K out the door, full warranty, etc.

To me the 2015 interior felt a bit cramped. I am 6' tall and even with the seat all the way down I don't know if I could have a helmet on without reclining the seat more than I like too. It was quick and rode great.

The 2013 GT Premium A6 I ended up purchasing was ~26K out the door. The only option I would of liked to have is the navigation instead of the shaker 500 radio. It has the Brembo brakes that were a nice upgrade. I find it more comfortable to drive and get in and out of.

For me the 2015 was not worth the extra 14K, even though it really is a really sexy body style. This is my daily driver, rain or shine.
TType85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:31 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TType85 View Post

To me the 2015 interior felt a bit cramped. I am 6' tall and even with the seat all the way down I don't know if I could have a helmet on without reclining the seat more than I like too.
This^^^Even though the body style doesn't do it for me, I didn't have a prayer fitting in with my helmet on. (6'6")
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:40 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

The new Mustangs are very good, but with their new suspension, they feel almost identical to a G37. Very "Euro", and I suppose since it's the first Mustang available in most of Europe for almost 20 years, that's their market.

But it's just NOT a muscle car. The classic feeling is just not there.

Part of why I bought the car was that it was RWD, a V6, and manual. And of course, like a modern take on a classic design. The new suspension and drivetrain just makes it feel like evey other sedan out there.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:44 PM   #54

Region: Illinois
I bought a 01 Bullitt thinking I'll drive it and make some money off it after 13 years I sold it for half the price, "BUT LOVE EVERY MINUTE WITH HER". If you want to make money put it in a jug and bury it in the back yard it will be there when you dig it up maybe. Buy what you like, drive it and enjoy it.
jimbob58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post
The new Mustangs are very good, but with their new suspension, they feel almost identical to a G37. Very "Euro", and I suppose since it's the first Mustang available in most of Europe for almost 20 years, that's their market.

But it's just NOT a muscle car. The classic feeling is just not there.

Part of why I bought the car was that it was RWD, a V6, and manual. And of course, like a modern take on a classic design. The new suspension and drivetrain just makes it feel like evey other sedan out there.

True. Cars are not investments. Besides, even if they were, by the time they are worth something, you would be old and giving the money to your grandchildren. Forget that! Drive it and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfuse View Post
True. Cars are not investments. Besides, even if they were, by the time they are worth something, you would be old and giving the money to your grandchildren. Forget that! Drive it and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Exactly, If you want an investment go into the stock market. Cars are for driving and enjoyment

Old 01-09-2016, 06:24 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

2011 or 2015 if you had the choice

[QUOTE=TCopp;2325135]Get a 12 Boss and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang

I 2nd that

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1452385588.482141.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	195631 and I like 12 front bumper betterClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1452385680.728515.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	195632

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I personally like the look and options better in the 15. If I could go back I'd get a 15 rather than a 14
Montini23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:14 PM   #60
Supporter

Region: Texas

Only investment car from "modern" Ford is a GT (not the Stang).
When I get out of my 2011 Kona, I look back more than twice. I grin ear to ear every time.

Drive the car, try different dealers so you can drive different colors. I only would of gotten Lava Red, Silver, Grey or Kona. Kona came up first with 30K miles, no dings and a 6 speed
Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #61
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
When I get out of my 2011 Kona, I look back more than twice. I grin ear to ear every time.

Drive the car, try different dealers so you can drive different colors. I only would of gotten Lava Red, Silver, Grey or Kona. Kona came up first with 30K miles, no dings and a 6 speed
The auto is also a 6 speed.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Attachment 195631 and I like 12 front bumper betterAttachment 195632

Same here. That's why I bought my 2012 GT/CS. Sleeker, yet aggressive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140809_073911-1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	195694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thumbnail2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	195698  

Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:37 PM   #63
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Same here. That's why I bought my 2012 GT/CS. Sleeker, yet aggressive.
Yep, the 10-12 front looks SO much meaner than the 13/14.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:43 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

11-12 GT/CS look awesome. In grabber blue, 6-speed, yes please. Given the options. Not including boss or Shelbys or Roush or Saleen, etc.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #65
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
The auto is also a 6 speed.
I know, but when you say a 6 speed most people think that thing sticking out that you shift gears with.... haha
Old 01-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

That's right, I completely forgot. Mt-82. My bad.
Edit: I thought he was talking to me. Sorry, brain ran off somewhere. Still haven't found it yet.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post

How modern is modern? 2000 Cobra R is worth a ton if you have one.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #68
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
How modern is modern? 2000 Cobra R is worth a ton if you have one.
But not worth more than ppl paid for them originally. The only recent domestic car to appreciate in value is the 2005 Ford GT. I remember that the small Ford dealer near us in DE was actually giving out prizes because they had won the Ford lottery to actually sell one. They legit had it sold within like 10 minutes of finding out but still were going to have it in the showroom for a bit.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:30 PM   #69
Registered Member

Regular

I don't blame the dealer on keeping it in the showroom for a little bit. Those things a beautiful cars.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But not worth more than ppl paid for them originally. The only recent domestic car to appreciate in value is the 2005 Ford GT. I remember that the small Ford dealer near us in DE was actually giving out prizes because they had won the Ford lottery to actually sell one. They legit had it sold within like 10 minutes of finding out but still were going to have it in the showroom for a bit.
Which dealeralship was that? Smryna, Dover??

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT