Anyone else running an AEM brute force CAI? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Anyone else running an AEM brute force CAI?

AEM Brute Force Mustang Cold Air Intake AEM-21-8122DC (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping

the link above is what I purchased yesterday (looks like I bought the last one from AM!) my reason for this intake was because water does like to drip onto the factory box so i'd need something that was covered.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has this setup and what they think of it so far? any install issues? How about when closing the hood - is there space or is it a tight fit?

This will be my first mod on the pony the 2nd is an SLP axleback exhaust which is on the way too.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2016, 05:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
What does this do the stock box can't? Seems like you bought something without thinking things through.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
What does this do the stock box can't? Seems like you bought something without thinking things through.
Conical filter? Pretty sure without some hacking you cant get one in the stock box....

Also if you read my question you'll see what I was originally asking.
Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

A conical filter isn't going to do squat for you.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A conical filter isn't going to do squat for you.
Riiiight a high flow tube and better filter wont do anything....you've clearly dyno tested every mod there is. Be gone troll.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
AEM Brute Force Mustang Cold Air Intake AEM-21-8122DC (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping

the link above is what I purchased yesterday (looks like I bought the last one from AM!) my reason for this intake was because water does like to drip onto the factory box so i'd need something that was covered.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has this setup and what they think of it so far? any install issues? How about when closing the hood - is there space or is it a tight fit?

This will be my first mod on the pony the 2nd is an SLP axleback exhaust which is on the way too.

thanks!
I can't help you with your first question but as far as the 2nd question, do you have a reason to doubt that this unit, that is advertised to fit your car, may not? Should fit. You'll see when you go to install.
Let us know if you experience any difference after the install. Sound or otherwise.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Riiiight a high flow tube and better filter wont do anything....you've clearly dyno tested every mod there is. Be gone troll.
Do you plan to have it dyno'd before and after?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Correct, I haven't dyno tested it. However I had one of the fastest N/A cars in the country still running the stock CAI all while actually tuning my own car. So you could say I know a thing or two about these cars.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Do you plan to have it dyno'd before and after?
I do actually. So after the CAI exhaust setup ill be running a tune to see what kind of power it puts down.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Correct, I haven't dyno tested it. However I had one of the fastest N/A cars in the country still running the stock CAI all while actually tuning my own car. So you could say I know a thing or two about these cars.
Again you know nothing about my car. Congrats on your fastest na pony.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I can't help you with your first question but as far as the 2nd question, do you have a reason to doubt that this unit, that is advertised to fit your car, may not? Should fit. You'll see when you go to install.
Let us know if you experience any difference after the install. Sound or otherwise.
Some people said they had issues with the 13/14 hood so I wanted to know of that would be an issue with this setup. I see people mostly going for a CandL setup but from I gathered it has a risk of getting water on the filter with the hood I have. So a closed no is what I wanted to go for.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #11
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Devil - First and foremost thanks for the support and business, we appreciate it.

I've seen a few reviews on the product page below which you may have seen prior to purchasing the kit but I've yet to hear of any issues in regards to fitment.

Take a look at the install guide (Right Here) to get a better idea of what you're going to be looking at and for anyone else wondering here's a few reviews below.

Let me know if you have any questions or shoot me a PM or a call and we're here to help.

Alex

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Some people said they had issues with the 13/14 hood so I wanted to know of that would be an issue with this setup. I see people mostly going for a CandL setup but from I gathered it has a risk of getting water on the filter with the hood I have. So a closed no is what I wanted to go for.
Devil,

The issues some folks have with the 13/14's it that the active hood vent is right above the intake filter box, so if you are running a open filer setup there is a chance of getting it wet when it ranis /washing the car etc. Looks like the one you purchased has a cover for the filter so you should be good to go. I have the K&N CAI on mine and love it! I know not much if any performance but I enjoy the sound it produces over the stock intake and it looks much better also! Enjoy it! It is your car!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 11.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	195677  
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone007 View Post
Devil,

The issues some folks have with the 13/14's it that the active hood vent is right above the intake filter box, so if you are running a open filer setup there is a chance of getting it wet when it ranis /washing the car etc. Looks like the one you purchased has a cover for the filter so you should be good to go. I have the K&N CAI on mine and love it! I know not much if any performance but I enjoy the sound it produces over the stock intake and it looks much better also! Enjoy it! It is your car!

thanks!! this is what I was looking for! I found some water drops on my stock intake box and I know the AEM unit can have the top lid removed if you wish to do so. just wanted to see if anyone had issues with that but your under the hood setup based on that pic is identical to mine with the strut too!

I appreciate the response!

sadly some people just cant read regular English I guess talking about how a CAI wont add performance lol
Old 01-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Devil - First and foremost thanks for the support and business, we appreciate it.

I've seen a few reviews on the product page below which you may have seen prior to purchasing the kit but I've yet to hear of any issues in regards to fitment.

Take a look at the install guide (Right Here) to get a better idea of what you're going to be looking at and for anyone else wondering here's a few reviews below.

Let me know if you have any questions or shoot me a PM or a call and we're here to help.

Alex

Jbone007 pretty much answered my question - though he has a K&N the box setup is similar. and yes I saw the review for that setup and based on it - I purchased the AEM bruteforce intake.

Also you are the only manufacturer ive seen that ran a 5.0 on pump gas without the tune and gave your dyno numders too so that's appreciated.

thank you Alex, hope to get it this week and install on the weekend!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:44 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Sorry but he's right and all the actual tests back him up.

2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
How do people still think these do things?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I have the AEM and it fits with NO issues. I bought it for the looks alone and the reusable oil less filter. Now the power you gain is like talking politics and I couldn't tell you if I gained anything at all but if I gained 1hp then its just a bonus. FYI Grabber blue5.0 is one of the more knowledgeable guys on this forum and I can assure no troll.
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

I bought mine because I like the way it looks as well lol.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Sorry but he's right and all the actual tests back him up.

explain how so?
Old 01-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
I have the AEM and it fits with NO issues. I bought it for the looks alone and the reusable oil less filter. Now the power you gain is like talking politics and I couldn't tell you if I gained anything at all but if I gained 1hp then its just a bonus. FYI Grabber blue5.0 is one of the more knowledgeable guys on this forum and I can assure no troll.
I have no reason to doubt him but to start off as a di*k is kinda of a well...di*k move.

I may not have worked on mustangs before but I have on other cars specifically modern V8s so not all of us are born with prior knowledge which is why I asked.

if he wants to show a poor attitude that on him, in his opinion he is high and mighty. in reality he's not worth my time at all.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

There is a thread on here somewhere with extensive testing in a very sientific manner about air intakes. Can't remember the name though

Old 01-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
It's the cold air intake vs stock intake thread over in the 2011 to 2014 v6 section. A great read for everyone really. Voltwings and sakib teamed up on the experiment. Both extremely knowledgeable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

^ yep, that one.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I get where Devil is coming from! Some folks just jump on and bash you for installing a CAI, his question was does it fit and any issues with the install or hood issues. NOT how much HP should I expect from adding it or how does it flow compared to the stock intake.
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
explain how so?
Because the stock intake is already a cold air intake, it works extremely well and is not restrictive at all. It looks like butt which is probably enough of a reason to change it out but not with a metal one and definitely not with anything that doesn't put the filter in the inner fender.

The above posters have already pointed you towards the other thread about this, I don't have the link. TBTH, "cold air intakes" have been a waste of money functionality wise on a bolt on car since 1994 when the SN95 debuted.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai