Anyone Supercharged with the Cobra Jet intake? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Ahhhhhh I can see how you were raised

And who said anything about reading it? The info is out there but I said seen cupcake

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
I find it hard that you see how I was raised as you nowhere in this entire post said "seen" but you think you did. It's ok sunshine, we've all been there
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2016, 07:33 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
I find it hard that you see how I was raised as you nowhere in this entire post said "seen" but you think you did. It's ok sunshine, we've all been there

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBETTY13 View Post
Attachment 195962

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thanks for the pics. That does look like a Procharger on a F150.
Drago1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2016, 10:53 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago1 View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I did look at the Paxton/Votec but per their tech guys, I would have to make a spacer and actually lifted the intake because of how close the blower is mounted to the throttle body. At that point I would have to change the motor mounts to lower the engine so the hood would close. So that is when I decided to look into the Procharger. Contrary to Rapinator's thoughts, I wasn't asking how to do it (I have the shop, tools, CNC Machines, and knowledge to fabricate just about anything) I just wanted to see if there was anyone that had any direct experience with this setup to see what they liked or didn't like. I was being nice but starting to think Rapinator is just a "tool" himself. But that's all good, I guess you find them everywhere. I am new to this site and thought it would be nice to get other's opinions on things. Unfortunately for me he was the first knuckle head to comment with completely useless information.
Get used to it, there are a few people on here that do nothing but spew negativity, and they have a following!!!??? But, there are also a lot of people on here who know what they are talking about and are willing to share their knowledge.

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:00 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Glad my information was useless to you. When I said yes people have done it. And told you to look it up.
A quick search would give you some info on it. If you were a customer of mine then yes I would answer any questions you had, but your not, so I told you to do a little searching.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-20-2016, 05:43 AM   #41

Sorry but i believe if you want spend money to make more hp do it like a man. Do not 1500 bucks for 10 hp.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
mepanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Is this "Man Enough"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	671%20Engine%20013.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	195980  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mepanza View Post
Sorry but i believe if you want spend money to make more hp do it like a man. Do not 1500 bucks for 10 hp.

Nice first post. People will spend $1500 on a set of good longtubes and matching mid pipe for an extra 10-15rwhp. I guess that's not "manly" tho? Not to mention there are some women I know who work on their own cars as a hobby and jet engines for a living who are way more "manly" than a LOT of dudes and 100% of internet trolls.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #44

Nice!! now we are talk about horsepower

mepanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

$25k will buy you a lot of HP!
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Probably drives a v6

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No no don't say something you haven't seen in person.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Are you a politician expecting ppl to deduce something from what you didn't say? Your post #28 was in reference to someone else...you still didn't say you had seen anything. I personally don't care Rap and I'm sure you don't either, I just happened to be reading and called you on it. Typo or thinking faster than your fingers, it happens.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Is this "Man Enough"?
Yes! But does that make me gay if I got excited seeing it? Lol
Old 01-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Yes! But does that make me gay if I got excited seeing it? Lol
Made me gay posting it.....I assume it would make other people gay also....IMHO
Old 01-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
If so, I'd be guilty too!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad my information was useless to you. When I said yes people have done it. And told you to look it up.
A quick search would give you some info on it. If you were a customer of mine then yes I would answer any questions you had, but your not, so I told you to do a little searching.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Shocked you have customers with all of your negativity. And you still haven't given any info. I was asking to see if you actually new someone (which you don't). But you just like to hear yourself talk. You just keeping saying the same thing over and over…….which is nothing. But there have been a few people on this site that have actually offered info and some pictures both in the thread and in a few messages. Those were the people I was hopping to find on this site. So I'm good. I am sure you can move on now to another thread and offer some more open ended useless information to them and your "customers"……..good like to them. If you didn't want to actually answer why did you even bother responding to my question????
My only question is: Do you wake up this miserable or do you have to work at it throughout the day?
Try giving a little positive help, you may be surprised how much more fun it can be.

To all that offered some good info…….Thank you!!
Old 01-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's not 10 HP. It is 10 to 15 over and above the Boss intake (which was the other option. The CJ was only a couple hundred more than the Boss). Not sure the final results until next week once it gets a final tune but expecting 50 - 75. However, this is just talk until I get back on the dyno. Then I will be preparing for the supercharger. This was just the first step. I will post my results
Old 01-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Shocked you have customers with all of your negativity. And you still haven't given any info. I was asking to see if you actually new someone (which you don't). But you just like to hear yourself talk. You just keeping saying the same thing over and over…….which is nothing. But there have been a few people on this site that have actually offered info and some pictures both in the thread and in a few messages. Those were the people I was hopping to find on this site. So I'm good. I am sure you can move on now to another thread and offer some more open ended useless information to them and your "customers"……..good like to them. If you didn't want to actually answer why did you even bother responding to my question????
My only question is: Do you wake up this miserable or do you have to work at it throughout the day?
Try giving a little positive help, you may be surprised how much more fun it can be.

To all that offered some good info…….Thank you!!

You have a lot to learn buddy. ALOT
When you want to step up to the big leagues I will actually walk you through it.

Here is one pic for you with the CJ and vortech, like I said a simple search will help you a lot. Or just go over to SVT and you will see a few.
Keep listening to people who haven't actually BUILT these cars and wonder why your behind

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1453342287.222527.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	196004

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have a lot to learn buddy. ALOT
When you want to step up to the big leagues I will actually walk you through it.

Here is one pic for you with the CJ and vortech, like I said a simple search will help you a lot. Or just go over to SVT and you will see a few.
Keep listening to people who haven't actually BUILT these cars and wonder why your behind

Attachment 196004

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Well see. Now that picture is very nice and appreciated. I did find that pic too but that is the one where they had to fabricate a plate under the CJ in order to fit the blower. Do you know them directly? If so, some real experience with how the outcome was would be great. https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...AdYQMwgqKA0wDQ
Old 01-20-2016, 08:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

For that one posted Personally no. But there is one out here that was done. and as far as the plates I will tell you what to do And this serves a dual purpose. Buy the reaper DP nitrous plates form BBR they are $250 and plug the nozzle holes. They will give you the clearance you need. Then if you decide to spray later on you can.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For that one posted Personally no. But there is one out here that was done. and as far as the plates I will tell you what to do And this serves a dual purpose. Buy the reaper DP nitrous plates form BBR they are $250 and plug the nozzle holes. They will give you the clearance you need. Then if you decide to spray later on you can.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Thanks Man!!
I did end up installing Steeda adjustable engine mounts today so I now have the clearance if I choose to go this route. I am still looking at the Procharger option also. Sounds like the entire system has a better fit and finish when compared to the Vortech. I will continue to research before the final decision. Have you had any direct experience with both? I find most people have installed a bunch of one product or the other but only a few have installed both.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone Supercharged with the Cobra Jet intake?

On the coyotes I have done both, and d1 and f1c head units for the PC. but I'm not a fan of centri blowers on the coyote personally.

Your best option if your staying stock motor is go with the vortech and a tq booster setup and run it around 600-650 and will have a really fun street car.
The vortech is easier and more straight forward vs the procharger also

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On the coyotes I have done both, and d1 and f1c head units for the PC. but I'm not a fan of centri blowers on the coyote personally.

Your best option if your staying stock motor is go with the vortech and a tq booster setup and run it around 600-650 and will have a really fun street car.
The vortech is easier and more straight forward vs the procharger also

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
I have heard the Vortech required a bunch of fabrication. Is that true or not. Not that I can't do it. Just this is suppose to be a fun project. I try to leave the challenges for the project cars.
With the exception of a small amount of cutting of the inside front bumper for the upgrade intercooler, it sounds like the PC is "bolt on" (but we all know how that goes.The picture below is a old Mercedes with a "bolt on" supercharger that the customer paid $7K for. Never thought I have ever seen a project that needed so much fabricating to make it fit and look correct. The end result looks pretty good. Well, we still need to make an air cleaner for the carb. You heard me right, it didn't come with an air cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2833-2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	196017  
Old 01-26-2016, 10:37 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

So I said I would respond with my dyno info after my Cobra Jet and Kooks headers installation.
Before making any modifications I did three pulls and the best run on the stock car was 358 rwhp and the torque was 327

After the installation and a very good tune my results were 453.10 rwhp and max torque was 391.63

This was on the same dyno with all the same equipment. All and all I was very happy with the results. The car has really woke up. I hope this helps anyone thinking about the CJ intake.

I do have to say my tuner was very patient and wasn't worried about how many cars he got on the dyno that day. He made a bunch of passes and continued to make adjustments until he felt the car was correct. Every time he made a change we saw positive results. This was far from an e-mailed tune file.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:59 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Long tube or shorty?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Made me gay posting it.....I assume it would make other people gay also....IMHO
OMG I read that post .

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
Old 01-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I said I would respond with my dyno info after my Cobra Jet and Kooks headers installation.
Before making any modifications I did three pulls and the best run on the stock car was 358 rwhp and the torque was 327

After the installation and a very good tune my results were 453.10 rwhp and max torque was 391.63

This was on the same dyno with all the same equipment. All and all I was very happy with the results. The car has really woke up. I hope this helps anyone thinking about the CJ intake.

I do have to say my tuner was very patient and wasn't worried about how many cars he got on the dyno that day. He made a bunch of passes and continued to make adjustments until he felt the car was correct. Every time he made a change we saw positive results. This was far from an e-mailed tune file.

Let's see the graph. Time to see what's legit and hurt feelings possibly

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I haven't followed all the posts. Am I reading this correctly? Just the C.J. intake, headers and tune? 100 HP. Dammmmm

Kooks Header type. and tuners name. Please I live in FL

Old 01-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

😅

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

It would be interesting to see the graph of the stock pull, and the one making 450+HP.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Ditto..l. Would you please post your dyno results....

Old 01-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #67
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Anyone Supercharged with the Cobra Jet intake?

Sounds like the dyno is a little optimistic.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Drago1, did you have a tune on the car before the install? I know you said stock, just asking because most tuners can pull 40ish (plus?) from the stock motor with just a tune.
Can't complain about your results though, very nice!

'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 82mm, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Eiback Sports, Steeda Cambers & Adj UCA, Adj panhard & Brace, LCAs+Relos, Diff Bushing, Ford Diff Cover, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncro II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket, Trans Mount Insert, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, High Flow GT Grill Insert, Steeda Spyder Wheels (20X9.5/11), 275 fronts, 315 rears, Lakewood drag shocks, Cervini Hood, big smile
Old 01-27-2016, 10:26 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

They are Kooks long tube headers. But they are not as long as the rest of the long tubes out there. I spent some time talking to the big name companies. Sounded like Kooks spent the most time and research tuning the headers for the Coyote. Plus if you have a lowered suspension there is less risk of hitting your collectors. I love the way they sound and the way they performed well on the dyno. Oh the build quality is fantastic. Just put a set of Stainless Works headers on a friends car today. The quality and gauge of the steel wasn't even close to the Kooks.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:33 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
I haven't followed all the posts. Am I reading this correctly? Just the C.J. intake, headers and tune? 100 HP. Dammmmm

Kooks Header type. and tuners name. Please I live in FL

The tuner is Tuning by James. He is easy to find on the Internet. If not I'll send you his info. I am on the east coast where are you. We used MacDonald Motorspotrs' Dyno in Stuart. The prices were great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT