Anyone Supercharged with the Cobra Jet intake? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Anyone Supercharged with the Cobra Jet intake?

I have a 2012 GT, Kooks headers, off road x pipe, deleted resonators, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, and I just recently installed the Cobra Jet intake. I am now thinking of trying a Procharger. Is there anyone out there that is supercharged or turbo charged with the CJ intake?
Drago1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Is that even possible?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

From what I understand it is. Procharger said I should be able to stretch the input onto the throttle body. I know a bunch have done it with the Boss intake but was curious to see if there is anyone that has tried it with the CJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lots of people. It blows my mind how a different throttle body opening just makes everyone crazy.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Arent this intake like $1500 and only give I like 10 horses?!! Lol

Old 01-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Just wanted to see what the results were. I have heard mixed results with the Boss intake. I know the goal of the CJ intake was to illuminate some of the issues of the Boss intake a lower RPMs. Wondering if the CJ helps with a blower.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Arent this intake like $1500 and only give I like 10 horses?!! Lol

With the throttle body and Cai it cost around 1,500 and yes it's good for roughly 10-15 over the boss intake

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago1 View Post
Just wanted to see what the results were. I have heard mixed results with the Boss intake. I know the goal of the CJ intake was to illuminate some of the issues of the Boss intake a lower RPMs. Wondering if the CJ helps with a blower.

The boss and the CJ only work if you use them for what they were designed for, high Rpms.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
With the throttle body and Cai it cost around 1,500 and yes it's good for roughly 10-15 over the boss intake

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$

Thought so.., nice avatar lol

Old 01-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Not exactly true. They developed the CJ to overcome the issues of loosing torque on the low end like the Boss. Also, according to the guys from Power by the Hour, they saw gains of over 27 rwhp (over the Boss intake) after a tune by Lund Racing. I was originally going to upgrade to the Boss intake but after reading a few results like this, I went with the CJ. Not to mention it looks great under the hood. I was just hopeful there was someone out there that took this to the next level with a blower.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not exactly true. They developed the CJ to overcome the issues of loosing torque on the low end like the Boss. Also, according to the guys from Power by the Hour, they saw gains of over 27 rwhp (over the Boss intake) after a tune by Lund Racing. I was originally going to upgrade to the Boss intake but after reading a few results like this, I went with the CJ. Not to mention it looks great under the hood. I was just hopeful there was someone out there that took this to the next level with a blower.

Lmao ok

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-17-2016, 08:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Racing Cobra Jet Manifold Installation and Test - 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine

Here ya go. Give PBTH a call and laugh at them.

Heading to the dyno next week so I will have my own results.

Was just asking to see if there was anyone with a CJ and a blower. Just a simple question.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

After I get to the dyno next week I will have my own results. You may be correct. We will see.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
After I get to the dyno next week I will have my own results. You may be correct. We will see.

👍🏼

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Dyno numbers are like belly buttons.........everyone has a different one. Don't get me wrong it's a great tuning aide.........a good calibrated set of Klondike's will give you more information...IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:42 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Wait people are still referencing TV shows and the Car Rags for reliable unbiased results?

What was it P.T. Barnum said?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #17

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Dyno numbers are like belly buttons.........everyone has a different one. Don't get me wrong it's a great tuning aide.........a good calibrated set of Klondike's will give you more information...IMHO

Umm...If I may ask...What's a Klondike? I'm thinking an ice-cream desert or that place in Alaska where some folks are finding lots of gold
2011 GT Premium Metallic Yellow Blaze, 3.73, HID Headlights, Comfort Package, Brembo Package, Rear Video Camera, Decklid Panel, Quarter Window Louvers, Side Scoops, JLT Oil Seperator, MGW Race Spec Shifter
rickw007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

rickw007, love your question. This entire thread makes me laugh. I originally asked a specific question and all I have got back are comments, opinions, and odd remarks. But no one has responded with a "yes". So I guess if I decide to get this Procharger with the Cobra Jet intake there won't be a lot out there with the same setup. If for nothing else, I may do this just to be a little different. Not to mention the 600+ ponies.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
rickw007, love your question. This entire thread makes me laugh. I originally asked a specific question and all I have got back are comments, opinions, and odd remarks. But no one has responded with a "yes". So I guess if I decide to get this Procharger with the Cobra Jet intake there won't be a lot out there with the same setup. If for nothing else, I may do this just to be a little different. Not to mention the 600+ ponies.

Guess you can't understand post # 4 where I said "lots of people" and watch out 600hp........

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

For some of you young whiper-snappers that haven't spent much time around old drag racers the Klondikes were what we called the electronic timing system. I think it was first introduced at one of the NHRA Nationals in 1963........as for Klondike Bars...when sleeping in our trucks at the strips....because we didn't have enough money for a motel....we ate corn dogs and Klondike bars........
Old 01-18-2016, 07:06 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Is a wiper-snapper from 1963 the same as today's whippersnapper?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Pretty much......at my age the fingers move faster than other parts of the body
Old 01-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Rapinator you say "lots of people". Hmmmm none have responded. Haven't seen a single post or a picture anywhere on the Internet. Spoke to a few of the guys at Procharger and there not sure they new of anyone that has that set up yet. So if you know "lots of people" with a Cobra Jet intake and a supercharger please point me to them as I would like to ask a them some questions and get their thoughts on how they like it.
Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 01-18-2016, 10:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Isn't JPC one of them?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:35 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rapinator you say "lots of people". Hmmmm none have responded. Haven't seen a single post or a picture anywhere on the Internet. Spoke to a few of the guys at Procharger and there not sure they new of anyone that has that set up yet. So if you know "lots of people" with a Cobra Jet intake and a supercharger please point me to them as I would like to ask a them some questions and get their thoughts on how they like it.
Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Do your own research. I'm not going to hold your hand.
There is plenty of people with the CJ with vortech,procharger and turbo setups.

It's a different throttle body opening. A little fabrication and you have it. Not sure what is so confusing about that.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Don't really even need fabbing skills. Some pipe bends and a sawzall and some couplers if you wanted to just get it working or mock something up to take to a shop to get welded together.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Lots of people. It blows my mind how a different throttle body opening just makes everyone crazy.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Paxton and Vortech sit too close to the TB and would contact. TJ with the comp orange coyote swapped 04 GT had to swap over to the Boss from the CJ because he put on a Paxton.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Paxton and Vortech sit too close to the TB and would contact. TJ with the comp orange coyote swapped 04 GT had to swap over to the Boss from the CJ because he put on a Paxton.

No no don't say something you haven't seen in person.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Old 01-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have seen one in person myself. And I could find it on instagram but don't know any contact info for you. It was a cobra jet manifold with a vortech/paxton supercharger on it. Don't remember exactly which...but there was a custom fabricated piece of piping on the last part of tubing up to the intake itself otherwise the kit was the same. As stated before just a small bit of fabricated piping will get the job done. Shouldn't be anything too complicated. Hope this helps
Old 01-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I was looking into it. I was looking at Vortech/Paxton but the man thing was that an adapter would have to be fabbed to work with the Cobra Jet. The Cobra jet is set up as the large oval TB and not the circular one that all the Cetri's are set up for. Can be done was told I just had to pay for custom fabricated adaptor
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info guys. I did look at the Paxton/Votec but per their tech guys, I would have to make a spacer and actually lifted the intake because of how close the blower is mounted to the throttle body. At that point I would have to change the motor mounts to lower the engine so the hood would close. So that is when I decided to look into the Procharger. Contrary to Rapinator's thoughts, I wasn't asking how to do it (I have the shop, tools, CNC Machines, and knowledge to fabricate just about anything) I just wanted to see if there was anyone that had any direct experience with this setup to see what they liked or didn't like. I was being nice but starting to think Rapinator is just a "tool" himself. But that's all good, I guess you find them everywhere. I am new to this site and thought it would be nice to get other's opinions on things. Unfortunately for me he was the first knuckle head to comment with completely useless information.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1453246525.734208.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	195962

BLKBETTY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Picture looks to be on an F150 but Google images does wonders....

BLKBETTY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Do your own research. I'm not going to hold your hand.
There is plenty of people with the CJ with vortech,procharger and turbo setups.

It's a different throttle body opening. A little fabrication and you have it. Not sure what is so confusing about that.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
I read this as "I've read it a few times but don't remember where, sorry" lol! Yeah op, don't ask an open ended question like "anyone supercharging with a cobra jet intake" on a forum where people come together to help each other (or maybe that's my bad assumption?) cuz you'll get a lot of ifs ands and butts! Lmao!
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
I read this as "I've read it a few times but don't remember where, sorry" lol! Yeah op, don't ask an open ended question like "anyone supercharging with a cobra jet intake" on a forum where people come together to help each other (or maybe that's my bad assumption?) cuz you'll get a lot of ifs ands and butts! Lmao!

Ahhhhhh I can see how you were raised

And who said anything about reading it? The info is out there but I said seen cupcake

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT