Centri Supercharger BOV question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Centri Supercharger BOV question

OK, I am sure this is a dumb question but... I alway seem to hear BOV's on turbo and centris sound like the build up the blow off. The Maxflow BOV on my Beefcake racing set up whistles all the time. When I get into the throttle it doesnt but if I am going 55 in 4th and let off the throttle it REALLY whistles loud. I mean it is tuned and Lund says running fine. Am I confusing a BOV sound with a wastgate? Are there different sounds for BOV. They just always sound like a pressure valve... like it is purging... not always whistling at various levels. Maybe thats just how Maxflow works?

Any advice appreciated.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2016, 08:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That's what the maxflow sounds like. Another BOV like a TIAL will sound different. The maxflow will never sound choo choo like every punk in a Scooby seems to want.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I like the tial sound a lot. On superchargers I think they are bypass valves actually. You have to remember it is basically a belt driven turbo so it is always "spooling" essentially.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2016, 09:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
That's what the maxflow sounds like. Another BOV like a TIAL will sound different. The maxflow will never sound choo choo like every punk in a Scooby seems to want.
It is a very high pitch whistle. Might need to try a different lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I like the tial sound a lot. On superchargers I think they are bypass valves actually. You have to remember it is basically a belt driven turbo so it is always "spooling" essentially.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yes, I guess I just havent heard it in person before. I think I will eventually try the tail because I am ok with loud but high pitch loud I cant lol.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
A Tial will sound like what you are thinking of. If you want to sound like the dudebro in the Subbie...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
A Tial will sound like what you are thinking of. If you want to sound like the dudebro in the Subbie...
LOL, I'll take that over this whistle... just too shrill
Old 02-02-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I've been wondering this same thing. It's just how the supercharger itself
Is designed. You want that woooosh in between gears, turbo is the way to go. With the centri you'll always have the whine of the belt, just gets louder under load. I youtubed the tial and it really doesn't sound any different from what beefcake provides unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

No whine from the supercharger. Just woosh. It is just a whistly one. Lots people saying its a turbo when hear lol

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
No whine from the supercharger. Just woosh. It is just a whistly one. Lots people saying its a turbo when hear lol

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah I hear the procharger is very whistle-like lol. I wanna do the vortech kit in like march/April

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have a Tial with the Beefcake wastegate set up. I get a slight bit of a whistle when driving under negative boost

2013 Mustang GT Auto [Ruby!] Pypes Super Catback system, RTR Shocks/Struts, SR Lowering Springs, SVE Series 3 rims, GT/CS spoiler, RTR chin spoiler, JBA H pipe, Eibach LCA, SR panhard bar...Vortech JT Trim coming soon
KP_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:19 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
A BOV is a BOV, a wastegate is a wastegate. Yes superchargers and turbos sound different, just the nature of the beast.

Want to really confuse the Subbie and ricer crowd? Roll up with a centri blower car with a loud as possible BOV and blow their doors off. The more nondescript the car the better.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP_510 View Post
I have a Tial with the Beefcake wastegate set up. I get a slight bit of a whistle when driving under negative boost

Does the torque booster wastegate set up make a big difference for low end torque? I am still just loving the new power lol, BUT... I am already thinking...
Old 02-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Honestly I wouldn't know. I bought it all at the same time

2013 Mustang GT Auto [Ruby!] Pypes Super Catback system, RTR Shocks/Struts, SR Lowering Springs, SVE Series 3 rims, GT/CS spoiler, RTR chin spoiler, JBA H pipe, Eibach LCA, SR panhard bar...Vortech JT Trim coming soon
KP_510 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT