What's the average cost of a buffing service? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
What's the average cost of a buffing service?

I want to get my GT buffed a bit but don't want to do it myself because I'm a novice. Any average cost and things to look out for?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
sid719e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I want to get my GT buffed a bit but don't want to do it myself because I'm a novice. Any average cost and things to look out for?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
With the money that you would pay someone to do it, you could probably buy all the stuff that you would need. And, with the forgiveness of a dual action polisher, you don't have to worry about messing up your paint. It's very easy, just very time consuming to do it right. I've done it many times on many different cars, so if you want to give it a shot, pm me and we can talk. But to answer your question, you could easily spend $500 getting a full paint correction done.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
oxfordwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hawkins Bar
Region: California
Posts: 572
Boy Devil, be careful, make sure if you decide to pay somebody to buff your car that find someone who is a professional and knows what their doing. I used to work at a detail shop many years ago, when I was young and just starting out, and I know from experience that if you don't know what your doing you can burn right the paint, especially on the edges and corners. WATCH OUT!! What sid719e said is great advise. those type of polishers are great. You might want to try that, then you always have one for detailing your car.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 143
I have a method I use that there is no way you can hurt your paint.
Get a cheap Orbital buffer,got mine from walmart.
wash car very well, put sheepskin bonnet on buffer and buff with plenty of detailer,
I like the Eagle 1 detailer. Then put a large high quality microfiber towel around the buffer and polish off the haze. If the paint is really dirty or has tree sap you can
first buff the car with hot soapy water before using the detailer spray.
Cheap,easy and works well,and no way can you burn the paint.
The key is to use really high quality microfiber towels and they are kind of hard to find,
Got mine from Autogeek.
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 28
I charge about $150.00 to buff/seal the paint, i clay bar,then cut the paint if needed then 2 stages with a foam pad,i see your car is black? the final steps with foam pads are the most important it is a very time consuming process,i have been buffing cars for 26 years, i use 3m products with great results! make sure who ever buffs it out does not use a wool pad if they don't have to. to bad you aren't closer i would help you out.
bigmamaluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #6
Senior Member
Supporter
 
Spartanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: League City
Region: Texas
Posts: 466
After some of my financial stress goes away and the body shop work gets done my car is getting the works. Clay bar, buff outs and a "few" other paint correction things. Someone decided to write with their finger on my hood the other day.... Had crushed concrete dust all over the car (from work) and someone thought it would be funny to wright something on the hood. What they wrote is in my clear coat (whats left of it)... I'd post a picture but I don't remember the rules on curse words.....
__________________
MT-82 hate.
Spartanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordwhite View Post
Boy Devil, be careful, make sure if you decide to pay somebody to buff your car that find someone who is a professional and knows what their doing. I used to work at a detail shop many years ago, when I was young and just starting out, and I know from experience that if you don't know what your doing you can burn right the paint, especially on the edges and corners. WATCH OUT!! What sid719e said is great advise. those type of polishers are great. You might want to try that, then you always have one for detailing your car.
This is why you buy a Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher. No way one can burn through the paint. There dummy proof and will stop if too much pressure were to be applied.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamaluke View Post
I charge about $150.00 to buff/seal the paint, i clay bar,then cut the paint if needed then 2 stages with a foam pad,i see your car is black? the final steps with foam pads are the most important it is a very time consuming process,i have been buffing cars for 26 years, i use 3m products with great results! make sure who ever buffs it out does not use a wool pad if they don't have to. to bad you aren't closer i would help you out.
Dude, your prices are way to cheap! I charge and get $ 170 for a passenger car. That includes wash, clay, interior clean and cleaner wax.

OP, for a straight buff job and you would wash the car. I would charge $100

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Thanks for all the good information. Now to think about which route to take.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
JOberlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 245
I would first try to do it yourself in small steps.
1: clean your car very carefully. Automatic car washes are verboten.
2: use a clay bar. Expect to use 1 or 2 for the entire car if it's the first time. Be sure to use plenty of soap with it to keep from scratching the paint.
3: see if it THEN needs work or if a good wax will be enough. Quite often a clay bar and a (very mid/non-abrasive ) cleaning wax will bring back a lot of a paint's shine.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waynes World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: sandy
Region: Utah
Posts: 126
I have been using Chemical Guys products and have learned from their videos how to keep my black stang looking sharp, saves a lot and makes you feel good when it shines so bright it looks like a mirror.
Waynes World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I want to get my GT buffed a bit but don't want to do it myself because I'm a novice. Any average cost and things to look out for?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Just food for thought before you pay someone to do what you can easily do. You cannot mess up your paint with this machine here. Guaranteed you will do a great job. This is the same kit I have here. $225 for this kit. Porter Cable 7424 XP

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/poca74padkit.html

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Just food for thought before you pay someone to do what you can easily do. You cannot mess up your paint with this machine here. Guaranteed you will do a great job. This is the same kit I have here. $225 for this kit. Porter Cable 7424 XP

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/poca74padkit.html

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
I think I might try that out.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I think I might try that out.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Chemical guys has some nice waxes and polishes.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cheshire
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Just food for thought before you pay someone to do what you can easily do. You cannot mess up your paint with this machine here. Guaranteed you will do a great job. This is the same kit I have here. $225 for this kit. Porter Cable 7424 XP

Porter Cable 7424 & Pad Kit HD with CCS pads!FREE BONUS

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Hmmm....he can mess his paint up with that machine but.....he would have to drop it on his hood! Sorry. Couldn't resist.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
Hmmm....he can mess his paint up with that machine but.....he would have to drop it on his hood! Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Valid point. Ha ha ha ha! OP, Do not drop the Porter Cable on your car. It will jack up your car! 😜

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
GaryR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Penn Valley
Region: California
Posts: 41
I've found that before I start to polish, if I take the time to mask off the trim and cover the grille opening, taillights,and windows with masking paper it saves a ton of time at the end and protects those parts from abrasion and staining from the compounds, polishes, and waxes. I also cover any sharp edges with masking tape as well to protect those. 3M blue or green seems to work the best in my experience. I'm a big believer in learning new skills-you never know when you might be able to lay some shine on your buddies ride in exchange for his wrenching experience!
GaryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR View Post
I've found that before I start to polish, if I take the time to mask off the trim and cover the grille opening, taillights,and windows with masking paper it saves a ton of time at the end and protects those parts from abrasion and staining from the compounds, polishes, and waxes. I also cover any sharp edges with masking tape as well to protect those. 3M blue or green seems to work the best in my experience. I'm a big believer in learning new skills-you never know when you might be able to lay some shine on your buddies ride in exchange for his wrenching experience!
Just FYI, Meguiars Ultimate Compound, polish and wax does not and will not stain plastic trim. I know this for a fact. I use all three products.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
24kmach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tacoma
Region: Washington
Posts: 51
If you buy their kit they include a DVD that shows you in detail and how to polish your car. I love the place and there products.
Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:24 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
The key is to use really high quality microfiber towels and they are kind of hard to find,
Got mine from Autogeek.

Not hard to find when Griot's Garage is 10 minutes from the house heh


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 176
Love this thread. If I hadn't just spent $800 on the car tonight, I'd be ordering this kit. I've never done any buffing so I'm someone who would need the full kit with DVD instructions.
crjackson2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
Love this thread. If I hadn't just spent $800 on the car tonight, I'd be ordering this kit. I've never done any buffing so I'm someone who would need the full kit with DVD instructions.
Bro, its so easy a monkey could do it. Not saying your a monkey. Lol. Its really easy and the beat part with the Porter Cable 7424 Dual action polisher, is that you can't burn through the paint. Its dummy proof.

Its a great beginners dual action polisher. I've been using it for a few years now and really love it. I use it on my own vehicles and even the cars I detail on for customers.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Bro, its so easy a monkey could do it. Not saying your a monkey. Lol. Its really easy and the beat part with the Porter Cable 7424 Dual action polisher, is that you can't burn through the paint. Its dummy proof.

Its a great beginners dual action polisher. I've been using it for a few years now and really love it. I use it on my own vehicles and even the cars I detail on for customers.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Ha Ha... I call my youngest daughter (23) monkey, I don't want to steal her title.

I'd need to practice on one of my other cars before messing with either of my Steeds...

If Brenspeed hadn't just gotten all of my play money, I'd order a kit tonight.
__________________
2014 Black GT Premium - Track Pack - (Apocalypse)
2017 Black Nissan 370Z Roadster - (Lucille)
crjackson2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
Ha Ha... I call my youngest daughter (23) monkey, I don't want to steal her title.

I'd need to practice on one of my other cars before messing with either of my Steeds...

If Brenspeed hadn't just gotten all of my play money, I'd order a kit tonight.
Its $800 for a Brenspeed tune?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Its $800 for a Brenspeed tune?

Non ������and non ������fed. I $uck!
Suspension upgrades.

PM sent.
__________________
2014 Black GT Premium - Track Pack - (Apocalypse)
2017 Black Nissan 370Z Roadster - (Lucille)
crjackson2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:18 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
MADSCOTSMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 77
I need to find someone in the Indianapolis area to buff my car out. I contacted a local car "detailer" and he showed up at my house. He and his counterpart hand washed my car 3x. The 2nd and 3rd time with clay bar towels that he kept ranting about how great they were. They then hand waxed the car 2x. It did look better but I was expecting him to buff the car out. I paid him like $150. My car still had visible scratches/swirls in the paint that he said he would have to take the car and wet sand it to remove them. I bought a buffer and buffed it out with some turtle wax black wax, but I still see faint long scratches/swirls everywhere, especially on the hood. Car looks great form a distance but up close looks like someone washed it with handfuls of sand, or most likely a car wash brush.

When I bought my car <--, it had 1200 miles on it. The guy that owned it must have left it outside for some time as the quarter window louvers had all kinds of leaves and tree sap residue between them and the window (I removed and reinstalled them to get those windows tinted), and so did the door window trim, where the window goes down into the door. Car sat on a lot right next to major highway construction before I bought it so it was also exposed to all sorts of construction "dust".

I would love to find someone who knows what they are doing and pay them to get my paint corrected so I have a good base to start caring for it how it should be. I haven't been able to get any recommendations locally and my random grab from Angie's list based on ratings, didn't get me where I wanted.
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
I need to find someone in the Indianapolis area to buff my car out. I contacted a local car "detailer" and he showed up at my house. He and his counterpart hand washed my car 3x. The 2nd and 3rd time with clay bar towels that he kept ranting about how great they were. They then hand waxed the car 2x. It did look better but I was expecting him to buff the car out. I paid him like $150. My car still had visible scratches/swirls in the paint that he said he would have to take the car and wet sand it to remove them. I bought a buffer and buffed it out with some turtle wax black wax, but I still see faint long scratches/swirls everywhere, especially on the hood. Car looks great form a distance but up close looks like someone washed it with handfuls of sand, or most likely a car wash brush.

When I bought my car <--, it had 1200 miles on it. The guy that owned it must have left it outside for some time as the quarter window louvers had all kinds of leaves and tree sap residue between them and the window (I removed and reinstalled them to get those windows tinted), and so did the door window trim, where the window goes down into the door. Car sat on a lot right next to major highway construction before I bought it so it was also exposed to all sorts of construction "dust".

I would love to find someone who knows what they are doing and pay them to get my paint corrected so I have a good base to start caring for it how it should be. I haven't been able to get any recommendations locally and my random grab from Angie's list based on ratings, didn't get me where I wanted.
Sounds like your paint needs to be corrected with compound to help remove those surface scratches. Claying a car won't remove the surface scratches. It will however remove all the contaminants that are on your cars paint leaving it smooth like glass and ready for wax or sealant.

That's odd to me the detailer didn't have a machine to wax the car with or pads, with compound to reduce the surface scratches into the paint. Did you tell the detailer you wanted them to do a paint correction? Did you want them to just wax the car or do a paint correction or both?



Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #28
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ringwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 6
I just bought the same kit from autogeek, waiting for the weather to break a bit so I can bring back the black paint. I bough the mother's California Gold products anyone ever use them before/ I have used many other mothers products and have had good success with them.
Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:19 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
MADSCOTSMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sounds like your paint needs to be corrected with compound to help remove those surface scratches. Claying a car won't remove the surface scratches. It will however remove all the contaminants that are on your cars paint leaving it smooth like glass and ready for wax or sealant.

That's odd to me the detailer didn't have a machine to wax the car with or pads, with compound to reduce the surface scratches into the paint. Did you tell the detailer you wanted them to do a paint correction? Did you want them to just wax the car or do a paint correction or both?
I told him I wanted the scratches/swirls removed. After he was done and I could still see the scratches, I said "I thought you would at least buff the car out or something other than hand wash and wax it". He could tell I wasn't 100% pleased with the outcome, he told me the only way he could "fix" the paint was to take the car for the day to his shop and color sand the car and that would cost significantly more $$$. I thought it was odd too that he wanted $150 for what was just washing and waxing the car. I expected the car to be buffed and wasn't about to give him any more $$$ at that point. Just decided to cut my loses and try to find someone else.
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
I told him I wanted the scratches/swirls removed. After he was done and I could still see the scratches, I said "I thought you would at least buff the car out or something other than hand wash and wax it". He could tell I wasn't 100% pleased with the outcome, he told me the only way he could "fix" the paint was to take the car for the day to his shop and color sand the car and that would cost significantly more $$$. I thought it was odd too that he wanted $150 for what was just washing and waxing the car. I expected the car to be buffed and wasn't about to give him any more $$$ at that point. Just decided to cut my loses and try to find someone else.
Color sand the car???? What the heck? A good compound will remove the swirls no problem. A good compound will reduce a large portion of scratches into your paint. If there surface scratches the compound should remove all of them. For a detail I would charge $140 that includes exterior wash, interior clean and wax. If someone wanted me to remove all the surface scratches and swirls, then compound is needed so an additional 100-125 dollars, depending on how bad ones paint is.

I typically charge $25 hour that includes the materials just so you have something to compare. Lol

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
sid719e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN View Post
I bought a buffer and buffed it out with some turtle wax black wax
This product actually filled in some of the scratches and swirls, it did not remove them. You need a da polisher like most are saying. It's really easy to use, just a little time consuming to do it right.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cross Plains
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 175
Been playing with cars since the 70's from the old lacquer paint, to the polyglycoat to this newest clear coat stuff. It's actually easier today with the new types of polishers sid719e is right on the money with do it yourself. you can get a porter cable polisher or I got one works as good from harbor freight. I use Griots Garage products and took 17 year old car and had it looking like wet paint when I was done. I currently have a 2014 grabber blue 'vert. It's easy but takes some time, about 2-3 hours the first time after that do it every 6-12 months depending on weather\salt conditions, and it's about and hour and a half. Important part is DO NOT do it indirect sunlight or when the metal is real hot. I put on some of my favorite tunes grab a coke and fire up the grill and have fun doing it. What what you buy in material is enough to do several cars. The initial out lay is a little pricey because you need to buy the polisher. Do not use harbor freight pads, buy the ones from Griots .
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular
 
Famine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rapid City
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 684
Price List for Auto Detailing
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:16 AM   #34
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ringwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 6
Over the weekend I was able to wash, touchup, buff and polish the car. Turned out really great most of the swirls and light scratches are gone. Still a few spots that are left that I will try to clay bar off, then touch up polish before I wax. Considering I bought it used and the most the previous owner did was run through a car was I very happy. Of course now that it is really clean I can see some aluminum corrosion on the lip of the hood. Back to the dealer
Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 176
What is the clay bar and how do you apply that?
__________________
2014 Black GT Premium - Track Pack - (Apocalypse)
2017 Black Nissan 370Z Roadster - (Lucille)
crjackson2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the average cost to fix up a 1970 mustang? garvyn Classic Mustangs 6 12-15-2011 04:13 AM
How much does an average Mustang cost? comhghan General Mustang Discussion 1 12-14-2011 11:59 PM
How much does it cost on an average for a clutch job? arnett5 1996-2004 Mustang GT 3 12-14-2011 09:59 PM
What is the average cost to restore a 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500? thornton Classic Mustangs 1 08-26-2009 09:29 AM
Average cost (clutch & labor) cagedthought Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 03-24-2005 09:08 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.