GT500 Strut mounts don't work on stock struts? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2016, 09:03 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Feedback on AM removed or not even posting? Lol no that never happens...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I know for a fact there have been failures with those springs and when the feedback was posted on American Muscles website those posts were removed.
Wow thats a fun fact. Haven't heard that but SR does stand for soon regret.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:12 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
You won't need camber bolts if you install the GT500 mounts correctly.

And those SR springs leave a lot to be desired. I would go with BMR springs.
From my reading, if you install the mounts 180 degrees from the correct way, you gain camber so then you wouldn't need the camber bolts. I think this is what Grabber meant by "correct way". Not sure why you wouldn't come out and say it. Then again, I'm not sure why my reply to the strut tower thread ended up on this thread (#26, sorry TJ!)

Don't think you can go wrong with Koni or Steeda.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
Wow thats a fun fact. Haven't heard that but SR does stand for soon regret.

How soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Which is why I'm putting on my Steeda springs tomorrow. 😉

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
How soon?

When then is now.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Which is why I'm putting on my Steeda springs tomorrow.
You my friend, chose wisely!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You V8 owners are sure a "STRANGE" and "WHINEY" bunch.

1) You will pay $5,000 more for a V8 Premium but act like you have been shot in the rear, when you have to put in 8 quarts of oil.

2) Instead of using the using parts that are for your particular model (Struts, Shocks and Mounts), 2011 GT, you put on parts for a 05-10 GT Mustang. The money you save might not be worth it. You can bet if you have a part failure and are in a very bad accident, Ford will be looking at the car. Once they find out you don’t have the proper parts installed, they will deny any claim for a part failure. You own insurance company will also be off of the hook.

3) You “Whine” on how much better the V8s sound but one of the first things you do is gut the factory exhaust system.

Yep, a "STRANGE" bunch.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

1) You will pay $5,000 more for a V8 Premium but act like you have been shot in the rear, when you have to put in 8 quarts of oil.

2) Instead of using the using parts that are for your particular model (Struts, Shocks and Mounts), 2011 GT, you put on parts for a 05-10 GT Mustang. The money you save might not be worth it. You can bet if you have a part failure and are in a very bad accident, Ford will be looking at the car. Once they find out you don’t have the proper parts installed, they will deny any claim for a part failure. You own insurance company will also be off of the hook.

3) You “Whine” on how much better the V8s sound but one of the first things you do is gut the factory exhaust system.

Yep, a "STRANGE" bunch.

Dude, I haven't said anything about your erratic posts but I think I'm finally going to have to.

You should stop and read your posts before you hit the submit button. Your comments are so far off sometimes I wonder if you are drunk when you post. Seriously man. You are an angry, cranky dude. Your comments never ad value.

Running 05-10 struts will do nothing. Maybe if you had any experience with them you could comment. Until then maybe just keep to yourself.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

Yep, a "STRANGE" bunch.
Says the owner of a V6 that's done everything to make it anything but a V6. Lol, you have some good points but insurance claims and warranty claims denied? If the part is proven to be the factor that caused failure. Very doubtful if it's a Ford part. Don't want to hijack the awesome thread and get off on a tangent though.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:34 PM   #46
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
You my friend, chose wisely!

Best Regards,

TJ
Rides like it's on rails with 255/285 tires. No more nose dive when braking! Plenty of drop without being slammed and all of the associated problems. Completely happy with Steeda springs!

Did the 05-09 with GT500 mounts as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Complete.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	197708  

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

Yep, a "STRANGE" bunch.
Dude you have more mods on your V6 than I can even read from that sig... Probably more than the "$5k premium" for the V8 and the stock V8 will still wreck your ride in a race.

Not to mention that the GT500 struts are a performance upgrade and they are OEM.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:41 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude you have more mods on your V6 than I can even read from that sig... Probably more than the "$5k premium" for the V8 and the stock V8 will still wreck your ride in a race.

Not to mention that the GT500 struts are a performance upgrade and they are OEM.
---------------------------
1) Nope, all mods are listed, although I don't have any room for future mods.

2) Didn't buy the car for racing. Never been on a drag strip or road track with it. I have however, been really close to a drag strip. Of course that would be in 2014 and 2015, at the American Muscle Car Show.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:05 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Dude, I haven't said anything about your erratic posts but I think I'm finally going to have to.

You should stop and read your posts before you hit the submit button. Your comments are so far off sometimes I wonder if you are drunk when you post. Seriously man. You are an angry, cranky dude. Your comments never ad value.

Running 05-10 struts will do nothing. Maybe if you had any experience with them you could comment. Until then maybe just keep to yourself.
-----------------------
Add value.

Don't drink.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POSTS, DON'T READ THEM!

Last time I checked this was a FORUM. Which means I can express my opinions on here.

Just because you don't like them, don't send me a message that you don't!

Oh, don't send me a Christmas Card this year either!
Old 03-01-2016, 07:01 AM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

You are right it is a public forum. And people are allowed to disagree.

Keep it civil as it states in the ToS we all agreed to when we signed up.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:08 AM   #51
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Did someone mention my name?

my friends call me Mud.....
Old 03-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #52
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Menace11 View Post
Went to install my SR springs today and bought GT500 Strut mounts as well...from what I tried they would not fit on the stock struts because there wasn't enough thread available even without the spring on....am I missing something or should i just get new struts..
Hey Red - Drop me a line and I'm happy to cover the shipping back on these. Believe me I know it's a pain to have the car apart only to need to button it back up for something that pops up like this. I can see TJ's getting you some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
The thing is, they do.

AmericanMuscle: "They will also fit 2011-2014 GT and V6 models, but will require 2005-2010 Ford Racing lowering springs and struts/shocks for installation."
Dat - Thanks

Quote:
See Below:

Quote:
I know for a fact there have been failures with those springs and when the feedback was posted on American Muscles website those posts were removed.
Grabber - If there's profanity or if someone goes on a..tirade, polemic, fulmination, for example the review wont get posted as it doesn't pertain to the part itself.

I've seen negative reviews in the past on them as well but they've since changed manufacturers. If you're ever looking for reviews filter them by the rating. See below.

Hope this helps guys.

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #53
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I find it helpful to see some bad reviews but you also need to read them. A while back my Love and I did a big trip including the Grand Canyon. We booked a rafting trip and overall Trip Adviser folks had good reviews but I like to look at the bad ones...besides the few where the company messed up their reservations and an understandable mistake/bad review there were two "terrible" reviews one complained that the river was too cold, the other mentioned the sun was too hot and they got sunburned.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Rides like it's on rails with 255/285 tires.

I've never ridden in a car on rails. What's that like? Do you work for the railroad? I know their maintenance trucks ride on the rails.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Yep, a "STRANGE" bunch.

Calm down there keyboard warrior, this thread is for people who drive a muscle car...not a rental car.

Red_Menace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Menace11 View Post
Calm down there keyboard warrior, this thread is for people who drive a muscle car...not a rental car.
------------------------------------------
Parts Guy: I only needed one try to get the CORRECT parts for my rental car.

May you should upgrade to a BIG WHEEL, these Muscle Cars are far above your TECHNICAL SKILLS.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Yep, a "STRANGE" bunch.
A V8 Mustang will always sound better than a V6 Mustang. Doesn't matter if it's the stock exhaust, aftermarket exhaust, or a couple coffee cans as mufflers. And running '05-'10 struts with GT500 mounts is perfectly safe, if not safer than the factory setup. I've never seen anybody on here complain about 8 quarts of oil, not sure what that's all about
d1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:44 AM   #58
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
2) Instead of using the using parts that are for your particular model (Struts, Shocks and Mounts), 2011 GT, you put on parts for a 05-10 GT Mustang. The money you save might not be worth it. You can bet if you have a part failure and are in a very bad accident, Ford will be looking at the car. Once they find out you don’t have the proper parts installed, they will deny any claim for a part failure.
I'd just like to point out that the only difference between the 05-10 and 11-14 struts is the length of the threaded portion at the top of the strut.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1984 View Post
A V8 Mustang will always sound better than a V6 Mustang. Doesn't matter if it's the stock exhaust, aftermarket exhaust, or a couple coffee cans as mufflers. And running '05-'10 struts with GT500 mounts is perfectly safe, if not safer than the factory setup. I've never seen anybody on here complain about 8 quarts of oil, not sure what that's all about

Buying 8 quarts for an oil change sucks

Old 03-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post

😂😂
Red_Menace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #61
Staff
Regular
Staff

It sucks if you overpay for RP or Amsoil...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 03-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #62
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
GT500 Strut mounts don't work on stock struts?

8 quarts isn't bad at all.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:53 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1984 View Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« Fuel | Hood Vents »