Raceland coilovers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Raceland coilovers

Alright guys so im trying to get some coilovers. Ive been looking around and descent ones cost about $1000 and up. I dont really care too much about harsher ride and stuff i care more about the drop and better handling. Ive looked at BC coilovers, KW, the SR V2 coilovers and most recently i saw the Raceland ones. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with them. I have a 13 5.0. Theyre really affordable but the price is what makes me think twice about wether their good or not. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Just remember if some one makes a comment on quality ask them where they got there first hand experience on the product from.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Okay cool thanks man. Ive heard decent reviews about them on older cars but not on newer ones

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
if all you want is a lower car then sure, get Ricelands (that term is used more than their actual name), but your car wont handle well with them at all. I dont have to have first hand experience with them, i have seen shock dynos of several name brand coilovers from $1200 to $4000 dollars, and i can tell you that the racelands will not be well dampned, consistent, long lasting, or probably even comfortable.

Remember man, car Confucius say "the cheap man pays twice." Just do it right the first time. You'd be better off with a quality set of shocks/struts and springs than cheap coilovers. There's so much more to making your car handle properly than just making it lower.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You get what you pay for, this goes triple with suspension. You do not want cheap suspension parts... EVER. And suspension isn't something like a piece of trim or even exhaust where if it is **** quality it'll just look or sound bad and need to be replaced. You get cheap junk suspension parts and you can wind up in a ditch.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Scotty may claim he doesn't know but he is dead right on this one.
Suspension is not one of the things that you want to go cheap on and failures particularly under load are potentially very bad.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...elandchart.jpg

Please look at the attached link showing the shock dynos for 4 Raceland setups, 2 front, 2 back.
This is not good and if this is indicative of the quality of these, I wouldn't touch them for a setup that is in any way performance based. Each will respond differently given the same load and the handling characteristics will be chaotic at best.

Suspensions are more than just a bunch of parts tossed together especially if we are talking about building a suspension for performance applications. These are complex systems and they need to be designed for the application. Even if we gloss over all that, spend the money and get coilovers from a reputable manufacturer with an eye to quality and consistency. In the performance arena Koni and Bilstein are pretty much the go-to's. People have their preferences, but setups from these vendors are very consistent shock to shock on the dyno and they can be customized for your specific application via adjustment or revalving.
Static_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static_LV View Post
Scotty may claim he doesn't know but he is dead right on this one.
Suspension is not one of the things that you want to go cheap on and failures particularly under load are potentially very bad.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...elandchart.jpg

Please look at the attached link showing the shock dynos for 4 Raceland setups, 2 front, 2 back.
This is not good and if this is indicative of the quality of these, I wouldn't touch them for a setup that is in any way performance based. Each will respond differently given the same load and the handling characteristics will be chaotic at best.

Suspensions are more than just a bunch of parts tossed together especially if we are talking about building a suspension for performance applications. These are complex systems and they need to be designed for the application. Even if we gloss over all that, spend the money and get coilovers from a reputable manufacturer with an eye to quality and consistency. In the performance arena Koni and Bilstein are pretty much the go-to's. People have their preferences, but setups from these vendors are very consistent shock to shock on the dyno and they can be customized for your specific application via adjustment or revalving.
Oh wow, thank you for taking the time to actually look that up. I had a strong feeling it would be bad, but damn haha.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Wow guys. I appreciate that info a lot!! You guys over did it with the helpful info. would you guys consider the SR V2 coilovers cheap?
I might just end up going with eibach

Old 02-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
Wow guys. I appreciate that info a lot!! You guys over did it with the helpful info. would you guys consider the SR V2 coilovers cheap?
I might just end up going with eibach

Yes, I would still consider $850 cheap for coilovers. A lot of people on this forum will tell you to stay away from SR Performance anything, especially suspension components, due to quality issues. Seems like you're going to be around at least the $2K mark for a decent set of coilovers.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I had have some BC Racing Coilovers that were on my 2012 3.7 and to be honest Im really considering selling them and getting the eibach sport-system plus for the GT.

If you are trying to slam your car and dont want to spend the money on air ride, then get coilovers.

But the sportline springs eliminate basically all of the wheel gap on the GT's
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I work for FedEx. You wouldn't believe how many people per week we ship failed Racelands back for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ohh damn hahaha all of them are shipped back! Hahahaha
I really appreciate all this help guys i was actually considering BC but i guess i will wait off a little and go with some Eibachs at least

Old 03-05-2016, 09:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I just recently went H&R coil and I think I will sell them prob. Shoulda went with eibach and Koni yell and call it good

Lvsmc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ohh damn that sucks and those h&rs are pretty pricey too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT