13 Gt for 15 eco 4? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I have not seen a single eco 4 on the roads where I live. I have a feeling those cars are going to end up in rental fleets.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
If I were to put a number on it, I would say I see 5 to 1. For every one 5.0 I see five 4 bangers. This is in the Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC, Washington areas. Take that for whatever that's worth. I don't know the actual year to date sales model breakdown is but I see far more 4 bangers than 5.0's and S550,6's are non existent in my travel areas.

Just a near stock 3.7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So you mean that all the people who buy the 4 bangers would be much more satisfied buying a Mustang with a V8 over a turbo 4 cylinder? Then why are there so many 4's selling?

I didn't buy a V8 Mustang and I'm satisfied with my purchase. I just enhanced my non V8 to make it more satisfying but don't and didn't have any regrets about my non V8

Just a near stock 3.7
The fact that the 4 bangers are selling is completely irrelevant to the satisfaction of the car itself. People who are buying 4 bangers and V6s generally are not Mustang enthusiasts or people who really want to drive the Mustang hard. The OP seems concerned with the performance between the two models, not who's winning the popularity contest.

In the end, when considering the performance of a Mustang, the V8 trumps all other options. Period.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Ecoboost is an ecowhoops lol and yes here in Cali 5 to 1 turbos to v8

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 08:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
The OP seems concerned with the performance between the two models, not who's winning the popularity contest.

In the end, when considering the performance of a Mustang, the V8 trumps all other options. Period.
There was/is a person that said he upgraded from a 13 or 14 GT to a 15 or 16 Eco lol.
Can't remember who he was but I had a good laugh.
A 13/14 3.7 to a 15/16 Eco I can see, IMO I'll take my 13 3.7 thank you, but a 13/14 GT to a 15/16 Eco...............nope. Down grade.

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSRWS View Post
This car is the most fun I, be ever had for a daily driver

The 5.0 test drive is what hooked me
EXACTLY what happened to me... and to the same ends (except I bought the '14 I test drove)
A Faster Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
The fact that the 4 bangers are selling is completely irrelevant to the satisfaction of the car itself. People who are buying 4 bangers and V6s generally are not Mustang enthusiasts or people who really want to drive the Mustang hard. The OP seems concerned with the performance between the two models, not who's winning the popularity contest.

Generally that's true! I agree with you! The vast majority of hard core mustang enthusiasts do by the V8 models however there is a pocket of mustang enthusiasts who do buy V6 and 4 banger models.

I am one of those V6 mustang enthusiasts who bought my 3.7 for its performance. It offers less performance than a 5.0 but as much performance as the 2005-10 4.6 V8's

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-29-2016, 08:35 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Generally that's true! I agree with you! The vast majority of hard core mustang enthusiasts do by the V8 models however there is a pocket of mustang enthusiasts who do buy V6 and 4 banger models.

I am one of those V6 mustang enthusiasts who bought my 3.7 for its performance. It offers less performance than a 5.0 but as much performance as the 2005-10 4.6 V8's

Just a near stock 3.7
Hell in my early 20s I wanted this 93 black GT so bad, 225hp was freaking awesome.
20 years later I bought my 305 hp 3.7........πŸ˜πŸ‘

Sent from the future.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
I don't have a problem with clean air. In fact, I'm all for less pollution. I love the smell of the country side. There is nothing like the smell of true fresh air. I do not have a problem with fuel mileage. Gas is expensive. However, if you are looking to save the planet and drive 6 months on a tank of gas, the Mustang might not be the car for you.

Would you buy a 4 cyl Corvette? How about a 4 cyl Viper? There's not a chance of that happening.
I concur, Sir. I love a good 4 cyl. turbo, and have had several, but if I were in the market for another one, it wouldn't reside in a Mustang. An earlier post mentioned the WRX, and I have to agree with that as well.
A Faster Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:52 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Faster Horse View Post
I concur, Sir. I love a good 4 cyl. turbo, and have had several, but if I were in the market for another one, it wouldn't reside in a Mustang. An earlier post mentioned the WRX, and I have to agree with that as well.
I have had my share of 4 cylinders as well. Most were bolted to two wheels, but.....

I was in high school in the 90s. All of my friends had 4 cylinders. I had a 71 Chevelle. They bragged about speed. I could step on the go pedal and snap necks over the seat with torque.

I did drive a few 4 cyl cars for a while. I had an Eclipse that was a lot of fun. I also had an early Dodge Neon that was built with more HP than my GT has in stock form. Those were cars designed for a 4 cyl though. They were meant to have half an engine.

Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You're my friend Kona, but your argument doesn't make much sense.

Honda Accords easily sell over 4 times as much as Mustangs total, does that mean the Accord is 4 times the car? Or that those drivers are 4 times as satisfied? Or even that any Mustang owner would be more satisfied driving an Accord just based on sales?

Cheaper cars will always outsell more expensive cars. The EB is almost 8k cheaper than a GT, not even factoring gas or insurance. That's why it sells much more than a GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:05 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post

Honda Accords easily sell over 4 times as much as Mustangs total, does that mean the Accord is 4 times the car? Or that those drivers are 4 times as satisfied? Or even that any Mustang owner would be more satisfied driving an Accord just based on sales?

Cheaper cars will always outsell more expensive cars. The EB is almost 8k cheaper than a GT, not even factoring gas or insurance. That's why it sells much more than a GT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461981926.319044.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	200453
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

13 Gt for 15 eco 4?

Tapatalk again with a double post.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You have just summed up what I have been stating in a round a bout way. You have to pay to play. If you want a Mustang, don't buy an imitation, buy a V8. There are plenty of options that leave the GT as a base model.

Oh well, at the end of the day I have the car I want. The 4 cyl owners will get bored and want something else.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461982578.509990.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	200454

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Old 04-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
For all of you saying that you see so many more EB's than V-6's on the road-- unless you see a leather interior not available on the V-6, how do you tell the difference as they drive by???
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
For all of you saying that you see so many more EB's than V-6's on the road-- unless you see a leather interior not available on the V-6, how do you tell the difference as they drive by???

The decklid emblem is different and it sounds like a Honda
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

V6 has pony w stripes ecowhoops has pony emblem only in rear

410 rwhp 320 ft-lbs
Old 04-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

The emblem on the back.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Old 04-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have just summed up what I have been stating in a round a bout way. You have to pay to play. If you want a Mustang, don't buy an imitation, buy a V8. There are plenty of options that leave the GT as a base model.

Oh well, at the end of the day I have the car I want. The 4 cyl owners will get bored and want something else.

Coming from someone that owns a V8 with less power then a 3.7 and the Eco 😜.
"Don't by an imitation by a V8" good grief lol.

Sent from the future.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:32 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Not always about power figures.

Respect the classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:37 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Your right, its about looks and better everything then an 02 πŸ˜„.
It would make a good winter car for me though.😁
Just kidding, just having a little fun.
I like all Mustangs, just depends on what someone wants.
The 4.6 sound is absolutely amazing!

Sent from the future.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Coming from someone that owns a V8 with less power then a 3.7 and the Eco 😜

Sent from the future.
I agree, it does have less power. Mustangs have progressively grown in power over the years. That doesn't bother me at all.

I looked for the car I have for months. I contacted a couple hundred people. I knew what I wanted, and I found it. I have a New Edge GT convertible with a black leather interior. I have the exact wheels I wanted. I have the engine I wanted.

I passed on more than a dozen V6 models that were pristine. I wanted the heart of a muscle car.

As for the low power GT; a little engine work, a supercharger, and a cheater shot of nitrous will more than accomplish anything I would want. It's a convertible though. It's meant to drop the top and ride. I get open air and the beautiful sound of a V8.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well thank you sir, but I'm not really sure what point I was trying to make. Was I trying to make a point?? All I was saying is that I see far more 4 cylinder mustangs on the roadways near me than 5.0's. I don't really think it has to do with the 8k less for those vast majority.

I think its a matter of 310 HP and 325 lbs torque is more than enough power for the average non enthusiast mustang owner. They want a sharp sporty car, they like the look of the mustang and don't care the S550 5.0 has forged internals from the factory so it can hold 8 million HP.

The vast majority of Ford's customer base who is buying mustangs are not us enthusiasts. I don't think it being 8k cheaper than the 5.0 is the main reason why the 4 bangers are selling so well.

Now, I'm sure the 8k does play a part in it but for a non enthusiast they couldn't justify spending the 8k more for a car that looks identical to the 4 banger just because its 1 second faster in the 1/4 mile or 0-60 mph. Being able to afford the extra 8k and not willing to spend the extra 8k are two very different things.

I know from my own personal buying experience my decision not to buy the 5.0 was because I was not willing to pay an extra 7,500 dollars for the 5.0. I liked the added performance of the 5.0 very much but didn't like it and want it that much to pay the extra 7,500 dollars.

Could I have afforded the extra added monthly payment on another 7,500 dollars. Sure could of but wasn't willing to do it for a car that looked darn near identical to mine including the interior of the base 3.7 and 5.0 models.

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, it does have less power. Mustangs have progressively grown in power over the years. That doesn't bother me at all.

I looked for the car I have for months. I contacted a couple hundred people. I knew what I wanted, and I found it. I have a New Edge GT convertible with a black leather interior. I have the exact wheels I wanted. I have the engine I wanted.

I passed on more than a dozen V6 models that were pristine. I wanted the heart of a muscle car.

As for the low power GT; a little engine work, a supercharger, and a cheater shot of nitrous will more than accomplish anything I would want. It's a convertible though. It's meant to drop the top and ride. I get open air and the beautiful sound of a V8.

+1
Was just having a little fun with ya!
Hope I didn't rub ya the wrong way, my only complaint is I don't have the sound of a V8, but oh well.

Sent from the future.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1
Was just having a little fun with ya!
Hope I didn't rub ya the wrong way, my only complaint is I don't have the sound of a V8, but oh well.

Sent from the future.
You don't bother me at all. I have been enjoying this thread and smiling all the way through it. A few people may have been bothered, but I'm not one of them. I have been having fun.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:10 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

So Kona, you're saying if Ford made the V6/EB interiors and exteriors absolute ugly such as plastering "ECOBOOST POWAAAH" everywhere, then you'd consider the extra 7.5k for a 5.0?

Old 04-30-2016, 12:00 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
There was/is a person that said he upgraded from a 13 or 14 GT to a 15 or 16 Eco lol.
Can't remember who he was but I had a good laugh.
A 13/14 3.7 to a 15/16 Eco I can see, IMO I'll take my 13 3.7 thank you, but a 13/14 GT to a 15/16 Eco...............nope. Down grade.

Sent from the future.
I 100% almost did this. Like i stated earlier in this thread, it depends on what you want the car for. Stock for stock a '15 ecoboost track pack i would bet money beats, or is at least within shouting distance (and remember, it costs less) of, an S197 track pack car. Not to mention the cost of upkeep in brakes and tires would be significantly less. That's the whole reason i sold my 5.0, i couldn't afford to race the thing.

The new suspension on the S550 is so much better, the brakes are better, the interior is better... if all you care about is going fast in a straight line, i guess you could say the 5.0 is superior, but that does not automatically make it the "better" car. I'm not looking to get nit picky, but there are some incredibly closed minded people when it comes to the potential of the ecoboost.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:58 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So Kona, you're saying if Ford made the V6/EB interiors and exteriors absolute ugly such as plastering "ECOBOOST POWAAAH" everywhere, then you'd consider the extra 7.5k for a 5.0?

What is this IF stuff! Ford did make the exterior of the S550 ugly. Not if but already did. Ha ha

Just a near stock 3.7
Old 04-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
The emblem on the back.

Instagram: @v6beast
===========================================
YUP !

ecoboost has a running pony

6 cyl has a tri bar pony

GT says what it is: GT

the GT also has the traditional egg crate front grille pattern

the ecoboost has a different pattern grille - of wider oblong shapes

IDK what the 6 has

nevertheless, you can't see that going down the road !

six = 280 ft lbs torque

ecoboost = 320 ft lbs torque

RWSRWS
2013 GT Premium (auto) Crystalline,factory 19”wheels, black rocker stripe & heat extractors, redline armrests, Silverhorse windows Polk/Infinity speakers, Dynamat GT500A-bcks 1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Factory Supercharged still own1938 Studebaker President still own 1969 Mustang Coupe, 302 Blue (sold 1978)1966 Aurora Thunderjet 2+2 Fastback - yellow w/red stripes (owned since age 9)1968 HOT WHEELS Redline Mustang 2+2 Gold - owned since age 11
RWSRWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I 100% almost did this. Like i stated earlier in this thread, it depends on what you want the car for. Stock for stock a '15 ecoboost track pack i would bet money beats, or is at least within shouting distance (and remember, it costs less) of, an S197 track pack car. Not to mention the cost of upkeep in brakes and tires would be significantly less. That's the whole reason i sold my 5.0, i couldn't afford to race the thing.

The new suspension on the S550 is so much better, the brakes are better, the interior is better... if all you care about is going fast in a straight line, i guess you could say the 5.0 is superior, but that does not automatically make it the "better" car. I'm not looking to get nit picky, but there are some incredibly closed minded people when it comes to the potential of the ecoboost.
I really don't think a Eco will beat a 5.0 anywhere, either straight line or road coarse from the factory, If you know of a video that does please post, and I highly doubt 13/14 5oh drivers will be lining up at their Ford dealers to trade in for an Eco no matter what their driving styles are unless its over rising fuel cost and the still just want a mustang with good power.
Don't get me wrong I agree with you there are definitely improvements over the S197s, there has to be or the car would be considered a total failure.

It will always come down to what people what out of their car, but you mention "potential" and really any car has potential, well almost any car lol, under the correct circumstances.

Sent from the future.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I completely agree the 5.0 is the way to go, I wouldn't want to own anything other than a v8 mustang. I also do believe most eco's sold were to people that wanted some power and great mileage, or couldn't afford another 8 grand. Or simply insurance reasons. I also believe the eco is a pretty awesome car, it's already got a decent amount of power. It's already got 2010 and older v8's beaten. It's lighter, the suspension is much better. There's a lot left on the table as well as far as power goes.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/03/...er-more-noise/
This guy did a few simple mods and gained some pretty good numbers. With the 8 thousand in price difference I believe you can get an eco on a gt's level if not close to it. To the op, if you want an eco go get one. It's still going to be a mustang and for the first eco 4cylinder mustang Ford has made, I don't think anyone can complain.
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:43 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I really don't think a Eco will beat a 5.0 anywhere, either straight line or road coarse from the factory, If you know of a video that does please post, and I highly doubt 13/14 5oh drivers will be lining up at their Ford dealers to trade in for a Eco no matter what their driving styles are.
Don't get me wrong I agree with you there are definitely improvements over the S197s, there has to be or the car would be considered a total failure.

It will always come down to what people what out of their car, but you mention "potential" and really any car has potential, well almost any car lol, under the correct circumstances.

Sent from the future.
I prefer not to talk out of my *** if i can help it, but when finding lap times for both cars, neither were the same track, same driver, same conditions, etc so it really made comparing things difficult.

That being said, i did find this article where both S550 ecoboost and S550 GT were driven at the same track, same day, same driver, and only about 2 seconds separated their times at this smaller track. If you look at the data the ecoboost had better corner entry speed, better mid corner speed, and better corner exit speed, it just obviously lost a lot of time on the straights. Still, to be within 1 second of the new GT - which is on par with S197 Boss 302 times - i dont think my claim that an ecoboost will beat an S197 track pack is too far fetched (again, we're talking stock for stock). I loved my 5.0, i loved tracking it, i miss it, but the ecoboost is a performer and i stand by that statement.

Ford Mustang Shootout: EcoBoost vs GT Is It Time For A Domestic Project Car? | Speed Academy

Edit: i found a video that compliments that article:

Old 04-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I prefer not to talk out of my *** if i can help it, but when finding lap times for both cars, neither were the same track, same driver, same conditions, etc so it really made comparing things difficult.

That being said, i did find this article where both S550 ecoboost and S550 GT were driven at the same track, same day, same driver, and only about 2 seconds separated their times at this smaller track. If you look at the data the ecoboost had better corner entry speed, better mid corner speed, and better corner exit speed, it just obviously lost a lot of time on the straights. Still, to be within 1 second of the new GT - which is on par with S197 Boss 302 times - i dont think my claim that an ecoboost will beat an S197 track pack is too far fetched (again, we're talking stock for stock). I loved my 5.0, i loved tracking it, i miss it, but the ecoboost is a performer and i stand by that statement.

Ford Mustang Shootout: EcoBoost vs GT Is It Time For A Domestic Project Car? | Speed Academy

Edit: i found a video that compliments that article:

2 seconds is an eternity on the track.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:45 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
2 seconds is an eternity on the track.

It is, especially one that's only 1:22 give or take. However, i wasn't comparing the S550 GT and S550 ecoboost, i was comparing the S197 GT and S550 ecoboost. The S550 GT runs within half a second of the boss, give or take, and i'd be willing to bet a boss is at least 2 seconds faster than an S197 track pack, so i don't think its beyond reason to assume an ecoboost gives an S197 track pack a run for its money.

Its hard to find a direct comparison between the two cars i am trying to compare, so i'll admit i am having to dig and make some assumptions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT