Mustang Evolution Forum banner

First Car Review!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  bsyo1021 
#1 ·
Hey everyone so I recently decided to give making videos like Car reviews, part reviews, blogs, and how to's a shot and I just recently finished up my first car review! So I wanted to share and ask for your opinions (helpful please lol) and suggestions for how I might be able to improve upon what I did. I believe the video turned out pretty good for being my first one and I look forward to doing more. I believe in leaving my mistakes visible instead of just editing them out because I, like everyone else, am still human! Thanks everyone and I hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HHH-IKMvY

P.S. I know its of a challenger and I'm posting on a mustang forum..:lol: I didn't see a point reviewing my own car being that theres barely anything stock about it..

#5 ·
I'd say, for first try, not bad.

Personally, I would have liked more details included in the review.
For example, you mentioned the weight of the car more than once but didn't give the actual weight. (about 4100# curb weight)
You mentioned something about tire size but didn't say what they were or could be.
It's a Scat Pack but what exactly does that include?
You mentioned HP like maybe 430 or 440 but didn't seem to know what it was.
Well a Scat pack is the lesser expensive version of the SRT but equals the HP of the SRT at 485HP.
So maybe a little more info on the specs of the car you are reviewing.

#6 ·
I agree with the above posters... Nice first attempt! :thumb:

I also have a few critiques as well.
1. Don't eat or drink during your reviews.
2. You seemed a bit distracted by the owner of the car being reviewed following behind you in your Mustang.
3. Avoid "money shifting" the test vehicle on video. It will deter prospective test car owners from lending you their vehicle for any future reviews. (Hope you apologized to Dustin!)

Looking forward to your next review!
:)

#7 ·
Okay definitely great advice everyone! Yeah I had thought about the interior shots afterwards when rewatching..definitely appreciate it! I was going for more of a personal feel with the cars instead of facts since theres tons of facts videos out there but I definitely see where your coming from. If i'm going to lay numbers out there like that I should have definite numbers at least..and the money shifting..yes lol I mean I could have easily left is out but I figured I'd try and keep it pure so people can see I am human haha. and I entirely agree on the eat/drink I totally don't even realize till after wards and I tried to cut it out as best as possible because I do agree that does look a little sloppy. Anyways thanks again for all the advice! I have a mustang buddy who wants me to do his too so I'll definitely post here when I do! Dustin definitely got an apology for the record haha he also didn't mind since he got to beat on mine haha

#8 ·
Shorter intro... too loud, too much music.

Do a spec. sheet of vital stats.

Year, Make, Model
Performance/luxury (important) packages
Engine / hp
Curb weight
0-60 performance as quote from factory.
Price as tested.

Preferably full black screen with white text. And keep it the same for all reviews going forward as your apples to apples comparison page.

Do your final review standing in front of the car, not in your kitchen.

#10 ·
Appreciate the feedback. definitely will try to incorporate something like this. As far as the final review I didn't really have a choice seeing as my camera died like I said, so it was filmed a totally different day. But I'm trying to make sure I'm much better prepared to prevent that kind of thing from happening in future reviews.

#9 ·
Don't worry about people seeing you as human. No question about that.:thumb::lol:

#11 ·
Highly technical Mustang information being exchanged here.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#13 ·
New car review is up! I'd love to hear some feed back from previous viewers to know if they liked it better or worse. I didn't talk about numbers for a reason and that being he had never dynoed the setup so it was more of a auto vs. manual review. Thanks for the support!

https://youtu.be/FYVz_SbfLOE

#14 · (Edited)
Try this angle. Review a car with a twist on how easy it is to mod for power. Explain the availability of aftermarket parts and how much gains you could see.

Find a niche audience for those that are into looking for cars that can be modded.

There are hundreds of normal reviews on stock cars. Bridge the gap between stock and potential modifiable applications.

Look at the stock car's factory specs and performance figures and look at what can be done to improve some of the shortcomings of the car or easy improvements. And compare the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.