Loudest exhaust setup recommendations? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #1
Ale

Region: Florida
Loudest exhaust setup recommendations?

New to the forums

I get my 2012 Mustang GT this weekend and I was thinking of going Slp loudmouths and a cat delete (don't know which brand yet) and wanted to know if their was anything else I could do exhaust wise to make it louder? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated
Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale View Post
New to the forums

I get my 2012 Mustang GT this weekend and I was thinking of going Slp loudmouths and a cat delete (don't know which brand yet) and wanted to know if their was anything else I could do exhaust wise to make it louder? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated

That will be plenty loud.....

But getting your resonators deleted with pipe with make it louder as well
Red_Menace11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I had off road H pipe and Pype Bombs from Pypes and I loved the rumble vs. the rasp and it was LOUD. I swapped to LTH and it is louder and meaner but to be honest regarding sound the first set up was close to as loud and cost allot less.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Loudest exhaust setup recommendations?

Headers and off-road mid pipe. Question is will it sound good?

Respect the Classics.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale View Post
New to the forums

I have outlaws and had to take them off cause wife complained about them in morning. But must say they are badass. Have them sitting in my attic now. What a waste. Maybe i'll get rid of old lady and put them back on. Or sell them..

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
I have outlaws and had to take them off cause wife complained about them in morning. But must say they are badass. Have them sitting in my attic now. What a waste. Maybe i'll get rid of old lady and put them back on. Or sell them..
If it is too loud shes too old... lol. JK JK
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I don't understand why everyone when an exhaust question is brought up always talk about the high dollar muffler brands and pipes. For years, mostly in my youth, I used and really liked the sound of Cherry Bomb mufflers and glass packs (disturbing neighbors since 1968) . I'm getting ready to put a pair of the pro series on my 2012 V6 Convertible. The sound can be loud enough to piss off your wife and neighbors and mellow enough to sound really nice. The right version will not sound raspy or have a lot of popping etc.
And they are much less expensive then Borla, Thrustmaster et al.
The model I'm getting are the 7401CB. They're an exact fit but don't have the hangers which for a good muffler shop is not a problem.
ajkillgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Why not focus on it sounding good instead of just loud? Just about any aftermarket exhaust will make the car louder.

Spend some time on youtube and see what sounds the best to you. I like Borlas and the Roush Exhaust.

Don't be the guy that lives down the street from me with a 2013 V6 mustang with Borla Atak axlebacks. Its definitely loud, but everybody mocks him every time he drives by as it just sounds plain awful.
Edd2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I tried ROUSH axle-backs on my 2014 5.0 and it was disgusting with the crackle and popping between shifts so I went back to my MagnaFlows and they sound deep and classy......just loud enough when ya want them to be and mellow for the neighbors and the lady!!
There are a few newer Mustangs in town that sound truly ridiculous.....they must have straight pipes.......sound "Ricer" and to me that's BAD for these really nice cars!!
Coosawjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
When I first got my car it had both the resonators and mufflers removed with tips welded on.

It was LOUD but sounded like butt

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I have Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad exhaust and they are plenty loud when you want them to be and perfect when just driving and no highway drone. My husband has the same set-up - we have 2014 GT/CS Premium 5.0 6-speed. Love the sound - as you break them in they get much louder!

Love the look from the rear too - they really look tough!
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...ps10g2tyej.jpg

https://youtu.be/pTTy0-VQ3ec
Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkillgore View Post
I don't understand why everyone when an exhaust question is brought up always talk about the high dollar muffler brands and pipes. For years, mostly in my youth, I used and really liked the sound of Cherry Bomb mufflers and glass packs (disturbing neighbors since 1968) . I'm getting ready to put a pair of the pro series on my 2012 V6 Convertible. The sound can be loud enough to piss off your wife and neighbors and mellow enough to sound really nice. The right version will not sound raspy or have a lot of popping etc.
And they are much less expensive then Borla, Thrustmaster et al.
The model I'm getting are the 7401CB. They're an exact fit but don't have the hangers which for a good muffler shop is not a problem.
We're lucky to have people on here keeping the forum interesting. New members = new questions.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
To the OP..................please do your research as to whatever combination you may decide to go with, and ask about DRONE.
Drone, at the right (actually wrong) frequency will drill a hole in the side of your head in a few miles at highway speed. And, unfortunately is all too common if you try a header, mid-pipe, resonator, and muffler combination that is different than one that has been installed by someone else here -- and that they promise does NOT drone.
For some reason, drone is most common on almost all cars between 1,800 and 2,100 rpm -- and when you hear it, you'll know it. It's miserable -- even painful in some cars.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you just want the loudest and most obnoxious exhaust note, just remove all your exhaust tubing and go straight out of the heads...

If you want a legit loud and aggressive exhaust note, the following would be my recommendation:
-JBA Long Tubes
-JBA Off Road H Pipe
-LTH Over Axel Pipes [resonator delete] (Or just have a local exhaust shop fabricate these for you)
-Flowmaster Super 10s (Nothing is louder and more aggressive than these, trust me)

You can also run straight pipes, which will wake up the whole neighborhood with the right mufflers. Check out this vid of a 2015 GT with straight pipes and Flowmaster Super 10s:

Also, have your exhaust welded together. Do not settle for this clamp on crap. Clamp ons will work, but not as well as a true welded setup.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8ER View Post
If you just want the loudest and most obnoxious exhaust note, just remove all your exhaust tubing and go straight out of the heads...

If you want a legit loud and aggressive exhaust note, the following would be my recommendation:
-JBA Long Tubes
-JBA Off Road H Pipe
-LTH Over Axel Pipes [resonator delete] (Or just have a local exhaust shop fabricate these for you)
-Flowmaster Super 10s (Nothing is louder and more aggressive than these, trust me)

You can also run straight pipes, which will wake up the whole neighborhood with the right mufflers. Check out this vid of a 2015 GT with straight pipes and Flowmaster Super 10s:

Also, have your exhaust welded together. Do not settle for this clamp on crap. Clamp ons will work, but not as well as a true welded setup.
That will sound nice at idle, but at 2k rpm the drone will kill you. Or at least make your ears bleed. LOL
[/SIZE]

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
Old 05-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Only if drone bothers you.

Respect the classics.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Only if drone bothers you.

Respect the classics.
Very true...

Old 05-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
That will sound nice at idle, but at 2k rpm the drone will kill you. Or at least make your ears bleed. LOL
[/SIZE]
The OP never mentioned anything about drone or any particular exhaust note, other than loud as F**K. Super 10s will accomplish just that.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Borla ataks very loud but a very clean sound absolutely no drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Seanp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #20

Region: Massachusetts
Wow... that's a very nice set up.. Very loud. I love it!!
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust