Squeaking sound - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Squeaking sound

I installed Koni yellow shocks and struts and a bmr panhard bar that I greased when I installed it. Last night I was driving my car and heard a squeaking sound but it's not very loud so I'm not exactly sure where it's coming from but I'm thinking the back. The struts and panhard bar have a few thousand miles on them but I just installed the adjustable shocks about 3 weeks ago so maybe a couple hundred miles on those. I'm thinking it's either the shocks or the panhard bar might need to be regressed. Any thoughts on what it could be and what it might be if it's the shocks? I had a set of Orange Koni struts that squeaked horribly (why I have yellows now) so I'm really hoping that's not what's going on with these shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
canesfan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I had a squeak issue after I installed my LCAs, springs and struts. Wasn't sure what was causing the issue, even after putting on over 5k miles.

Recently, I took a 6 hour backroad trip thru the SoCal desert in 90 degree weather. I noticed once I made it back home, the squeaking was gone. This makes me think even tho thousands of miles were put on the car, until I really drove the car continuously hard in hotter weather, the suspension wasn't broken in yet.

I'm not saying go blow a full tank of gas and beat the dick off your car, but think about what I'm saying from a theoretical point of view.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Yeah I see what you're saying I'll probably just ignore it for now unless it keeps going on for a long time. I could barely hear it when I left the gym the other day with my windows down and when I wasn't on the gas at all

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
canesfan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I have the yellows also and did my springs and arms and such all at once. I get a sound like little birds chirping every now and then, just have gotten used to it since it isnt a big deal to me. I have more than several thousand on my setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkreg View Post
I have the yellows also and did my springs and arms and such all at once. I get a sound like little birds chirping every now and then, just have gotten used to it since it isnt a big deal to me. I have more than several thousand on my setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Little birds chirping... ha this is exactly what mine sounded like.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT