Now Available -Steeda S197 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 95 lb/in (11-14 All) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:18 AM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Other
Originally Posted by slimguns View Post
My apologies, i got my research and this thread confused.
No need for name calling or hurt feelings, I said we've become.
But to answer it for you, from all I've seen, no.
Frankly, I'm sure it'd be a selling point if it did. ...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
My bad I got a little heated! Mistakes happen!

visback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #37
Region: California
I broke the post on the upper spring perch, and installed the new Steeda spring with it that way. Pushing the clutch in and out a few times convinced me I did not want the upper and lower perches going in different directions as it travelled through it's range of motion. Fortunately I was able to find the pin where it had fallen behind the upper edge of the carpet. I bonded the post back on with JB Quick Weld and placed a 3/32 roll pin through the top of the upper perch and the center of the post, also bonded in with the JB. A little dusting of black spray paint, and you can't even see the repair. Not only do I have my original part, it is now stronger than it will ever need to be. For any of the Forum members who have had this occur to them, if you have a small home shop drill press, the upper perch has enough flat surfaces to make it easy to jig up and keep things centered. I used a 1/16" pilot drill through the stub side of the upper perch before bonding the broken guide pin to provide a pilot hole, then slowly worked up to 7/64" from the top of the perch down through the rebonded guide pin, giving about .020 clearance around the roll pin to allow for the JB Quick Weld in the final hole in the rebonded upper perch guide pin. Even if you have to buy the JB and a package of assorted roll pins you have maybe $15. invested and a couple hours time. Definitely faster and less expensive than replacing the whole assembly!

GaryR is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

s197 mustang